Genesis 9 is Coming

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Not really. The Genesis 8 core figures are $45 and the pro bundles are $135. It's a $15-$25 markup for Genesis 9.
I admit that i never really looked for the prices. Ok, my statement was wrong then.
I don't think my machine can handle these anyway. The have more features and like me, i stuff them with textures and addons. It would be even slower with what i do with 8 at the moment.

acusrola

May 30, 2020
.10000$ ...This is insane, right ?
I'm not discounting the price (joke somewhat intended), but that's the merchant resource meant for the store artists. The description has a link (404 at the moment) to the shapes' non-merchant version.

The gen 8 version costs $19 * 2 (for F and M version) so expect it to be about, $50-70'ish with the markup from the new version. And since it's cross gender now they will probably charge more cuz you can't buy two version.

nightsight

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2019
so will Gen 9 be able to use BOTH gen 8 male and gen 8 female morphs ? that would be truly useful :eek:

kintarodev

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2022
how about this 'unified figure' thing?
if Daz is gonna run both male and female dials when creating or loading a G9 character? sounds based

gonna have to find a part time job to fill that time in-between load characters/scenes now
Indeed, good point. Didn't think of it.

I still remember how back in G3 days it was a nightmare to load G3F after a certain point... I really wonder if there will be any trick this time.

Just thinking about those loading times even now gives me shivers...

Emoon

May 4, 2017
.10000$ ...This is insane, right ?
Geez louise that's mighty unreasonable for what it actually is. I'm sure one could get a fully fleshed out character from someone like Rafael Grassetti for this much. What a way to treat the folks that keep their business afloat.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I just had a look at Victoria 9 as well as the default Gen 9

The difference between Gen 8.1 and Victoria 8.1 was the shader, the Victoria 8.1 is far superior to the 8.1, the Gen 9 and Victoria 9 shaders are both the same as the Victoria 8.1.

As someone who spends an unhealthy amount of time making characters, yes the Gen 9 appears to be better but it could be because its shiny and new. When I say better, its different and not any worse.

Victoria 9 is not quite as ugly as Victoria 8.1, but ugly none the less.

Time will tell I suppose.

stabrepete

Dec 5, 2020
find it funny that the product page for g9 has no pictures of g9

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
People should just make their own characters.
Isn't that more fun anyway?
Lot's of people will use pre-made ones but then every game looks the same.
At least i think that is the most fun part about 3D and DAZ in general.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
find it funny that the product page for g9 has no pictures of g9

No, that's what all the Starter Essentials look like.

And you can even see from the silhouette they use Vertigo hair and Morley hair, which aren't even included in the starter pack.

The most fun part of 3D is posing characters. But if all you've ever used is Daz Studio I understand why you wouldn't think that.

grohotor

May 15, 2020
I pretty much never use a character as is. I mix a bunch of faces and then do some fine adjustments. It also helps to have a lot of different texture sets to choose from.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
The most fun part of 3D is posing characters. But if all you've ever used is Daz Studio I understand why you wouldn't think that.
Well, you may be right. Though to me the most fun is actually the creation. It ain't easy but to make it your own is.
Posing is actually quite hard. Especially expressions. So it's not my fun part but i can see why.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I pretty much never use a character as is. I mix a bunch of faces and then do some fine adjustments. It also helps to have a lot of different texture sets to choose from.
Mm.. i started to do the slider thing. Adjust here and there, the head, size and all the details. There is a lot of time going in to this. But i kind of like it as the character will be unique. Not that the results always look great but humans in general don't always great either.
Textures is something i am lagging as the textures i am using are from other characters. I am not good enough to make my own. There seems to be not much diversity as what i am looking for a different skins with imperfections as we all have. Scars here and there. Pimples...

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Does this new generation help DAZ or the devs? Since you have only one figure that can be both.
I am not sure if i am getting the multi purpose of the new generation yet.