• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Firebane's My New Life Modded [v2.1+Xtras Modded]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

inXanity

Aug 7, 2017
well you can always use and change day to before 45
just always back up original
Variable
1 Hours; 2 Day of Week; 3 Days Passed in Game
will it work even if i have already met Dad since the oldest i got was afternoon of day 45
well i have other back up saves but it will go back to 1 hour of gameplay well still better than restart though

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
will it work even if i have already met Dad since the oldest i got was afternoon of day 45
well i have other back up saves but it will go back to 1 hour of gameplay well still better than restart though
Just a guess on my part....
But I suspect it will work for getting the content you need to do before the Father arrives but once you hit the days where the Dad will return you won't be able to complete any of his missions since the variables will reflect them as completed already.
And attempting to redo them I suppose could screw up the variables if you tried.

Reactions: inXanity

inXanity

Aug 7, 2017
yes i tried to reset the day and week but Dad is already in the house even if i put it on day 1 where he is not supposed to be there the events still triggers so i guess redoing from my back up which will mean 1 hour loose of gameplayer but still better

one question though cause in my back up save file i havent met Dad yet so can i use save editor to but the days back and delay him from coming home?

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
yes i tried to reset the day and week but Dad is already in the house even if i put it on day 1 where he is not supposed to be there the events still triggers so i guess redoing from my back up which will mean 1 hour loose of gameplayer but still better

one question though cause in my back up save file i havent met Dad yet so can i use save editor to but the days back and delay him from coming home?
I suppose you can delay it by changing the day but it is more likely to mess up the other day type counters needed to do some of the things before he arrives.
I'm going to guess that the Day setting may trigger when Dad can arrive but his arrival and appearance in the game is set in some other variable which is why he shows up even after you reset the day because other variables involving him exist.

I have noticed that these Renpy games don't put variables into the save until you have completed what is needed and since Dad has already showed, The fact some variables got added to reflect that tells the game to show him regardless of what day it thinks it is.

Probably better to just start with that backup because further tampering could lead to issues later on.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017

Wait a little before you start again Firebane told he got fix check post #158

Thanks, micmitja. I was working on bugs already, I'll look into the Laura one. Also, I think I have the Maria lab quest day 45 break fixed, but I have to go over the new "Fixed" version Beggar released to see what is actually broken.

Firebane

Modder
Feb 3, 2017
@gotmy223 I'm going to use the current text file as a guideline when I get around to doing text edits for the new version, but I'm finding that updating the text takes longer than I had expected. Roughly 1.5 hours or so per map.

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
@gotmy223 I'm going to use the current text file as a guideline when I get around to doing text edits for the new version, but I'm finding that updating the text takes longer than I had expected. Roughly 1.5 hours or so per map.
Would this help at all?

You could load the new text and compare to the old text.
Unless he has really moved script lines around this should highlight whatever edits you made to the old file and easily identify the new stuff.

If you run Windows and prefer a PC based tool take a look at !

Reactions: NeWCuLTKiNG
U

User_51567

does mod work on new version?
Look at the previous posts/pages and your answer will be there...
Or just look at the Topic title....

I want to begin (again) at this game, but it seems that the 1.01 version also has some bugs in it.
So i'm just going to wait patiently for your 1.0 version.

Nothing annoys me more.... Playing a game where there are questline bugged or game crashes...

Reactions: slicknick12

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Just on a side note, the text file is a pain in the ass...

I'm still working on it, but I just got back from a vacation and I'll be pluggin away at it slowly for the next few weeks. I dunno how much has changed with the new update, but I'm not even focusing on that until all 1100+ pages are legible no matter how long it takes.

Also, Goto has REALLY been pulling it together (although I don't agree on every edit, but meh, it's subjective and fun anyway) so ya'll should give him a few likes.

And Firebane. Because gorramn, the writing here is in need of a ton of duckbutter!

Firebane

Modder
Feb 3, 2017
Yeah. Like I said, just the intro maps for the game take about an hour to an hour and a half to implement the corrections on. I really wish someone would get a script done that has full export and import capabilities for text like I've got for XP-VX Ace.

Firebane

Modder
Feb 3, 2017
will this work on newer ver ?
Because I'm tired of seeing this question 3-5 times a day, here's the official common sense answer: Due to the fact that the mod alters the map files of the game, and any new events would be on the maps you are overwriting, old mod would be more like downgrading your 1.0 game to 0.9.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Because I'm tired of seeing this question 3-5 times a day, here's the official common sense answer: Due to the fact that the mod alters the map files of the game, and any new events would be on the maps you are overwriting, old mod would be more like downgrading your 1.0 game to 0.9.
dont worry about that just ignore it, your mod is worth the wait so take all the time you need. in mean time who ever dont want to wait can alway play normal fixed (still bugged) version.

Firebane

Modder
Feb 3, 2017
New version of the mod is posted. You have 3 options now. The full game+mod already installed. The cheat patch with all added functions and bugfixes, which you have to install yourself. Or the Bugfix only patch, which includes none of the cheat mods, but all of the bugfixes, it is installed the same as the mod patch.

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
New version of the mod is posted. You have 3 options now. The full game+mod already installed. The cheat patch with all added functions and bugfixes, which you have to install yourself. Or the Bugfix only patch, which includes none of the cheat mods, but all of the bugfixes, it is installed the same as the mod patch.
You might want to think about changing the title of the thread to reflect the new version or have a Mod do it.

Firebane

Modder
Feb 3, 2017
Thanks. Totally forgot about that. My brain was wiped after spending pretty much all day working on this.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes