• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Firebane's My New Life Modded [v2.1+Xtras Modded]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
Thanks. Totally forgot about that. My brain was wiped after spending pretty much all day working on this.
I only mentioned it because at some point the announcement of the release will not be as prominent (End of thread) as it is now and you just KNOW someone will miss you saying that, Read the topic ONLY regardless of the filenames in the links, and ask you for the 50th time when is the 1.0 release going to come out! LOL

Hope you got to enjoy at least MOST of the weekend...

MassaKush

Jun 16, 2017
I cant access Ms. Taylor quest. Everytime I go to her house it says shes awake. I downloaded full game from mega however upon extraction the patron.url and another similar file kept saying i didnt have access permission or something? Help!

Firebane

Modder
Feb 3, 2017
You don't need the patron htmls. I simply didn't delete them. And for Ms Taylor, you have to give the first two cards to your sister, get the keys as part of Rachel's quest, and go there during the dawn period(Between 2am and 6am).

Afunguy2016

Jul 17, 2017
I have your version of New Life via your megafiles. I used the "cheats" to boost my stats and worked my first job. Per your changelog, using the desk in the warp (bedroom) should allow me to boost my #number days worked, but the desk doesn't do anything. For example, I want to complete the Tyna missions (previously played other versions) but don't want to do this 50 times to advance that particular storyline. Any advice on if I am doing this wrong?

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
I have your version of New Life via your megafiles. I used the "cheats" to boost my stats and worked my first job. Per your changelog, using the desk in the warp (bedroom) should allow me to boost my #number days worked, but the desk doesn't do anything. For example, I want to complete the Tyna missions (previously played other versions) but don't want to do this 50 times to advance that particular storyline. Any advice on if I am doing this wrong?
there is extended guide updated up to 1.0 included shortcuts and variables this one works for me.

Firebane

Modder
Feb 3, 2017
You will still have to do the jobs in cycles. They do require you to do the 25 day one to start with, and the 50 day one after. I'll check the desk and make sure I didn't get loopy after looking through the games code all day and miss setting it to the character's level.

-E- Yep, I did. I can get careless about that when I get in a rush. Or tired. Will put a fix in the OP.

BDI123

May 23, 2017
Two things, #1after getting the school notebook and going to Carols house to work on the assignment, I get two scenes-the one that belongs there and a start of the Carol quest which should happen after the notebooks are turned in.#2After screwing up Maggies computer for that sleezbag, I get a repeat of the scenes and resulting countdown causing a freeze up of the game, Is #2 a natural part of the game or can you resume a natural relationship with her?Also the Nadine quest when going to Rachels house to let Beg go out with her mother, after they come back, everything freezes up.I have a save to just before the date, but can't load it up to this website.

Last edited:

rchemst

Sep 5, 2017
I could not solve laura bug. I take all things but she still stand positon go out and in nothing changed

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
I could not solve laura bug. I take all things but she still stand positon go out and in nothing changed
yeah Laura is still bugged you can avoid pharmacy bug

just change variable and avoid 2nd shower (no idea how to reset that for black screen). her keys you can grab before you return to taylor lucky there is no more content after that so we can wait.

Firebane

Modder
Feb 3, 2017
I'll check on Laura. I looked through her code for the post spying and couldn't find anything. If it returns you home, you're supposed to go back to the pharmacy, not go further into the house.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
I'll check on Laura. I looked through her code for the post spying and couldn't find anything. If it returns you home, you're supposed to go back to the pharmacy, not go further into the house.
i guess the issue is that some of us have seen 2nd shower scene before we even started Laura quest (it doesn't trigger travel she is just standing there), have tested all versions its same thing like my 1st post few pages pack about that. but lucky its avoidable by changing quest on 0 , and you get normal black screen bug on 2nd shower (if you grabbed the keys and copy them before returning to taylor thats pretty much all content all you have to do is avoid shower).

Firebane

Modder
Feb 3, 2017
Yeah. I've looked at that shower, but the entire scene's code is in that one part of the bathroom. It just loads images over the map. I'll go back through and see if I can get it to not activate a second time.

gizlidost

Sep 7, 2017
Ok, so I always used to just make these versions for me, but other people started making comments about some of the annoying features so I started sharing them. This is a complete version of the game with added cheat features and functions that were requested.

HEY
I have created a google doc of all of the text in the game for anyone who wants to help with this project. It's extremely long, and the Map and event codes need to be retained, so I will be able to plug in better spelling and grammar at a later date. If anyone does edit a part of it, put an * next to both the map name, and the EV code it is under to make it easy for me to know what actually needs to be changed in game.
P.S. Before you begin, I feel it only fair to warn you that the doc is 1144 pages long.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Full game with mod - Inludes bugfix log

You do not need to patch the game if you download from one of these. Only if you have the BoN version from the main thread. These are already fully unpacked.

PATCH *In Attachments*- Read Install
There are now 2 patches attached. The bugfix patch contains only the bugfixes listed, with nothing from the changelog. The Cheat patch contains all of the things listed in the bugfix, as well as the things listed in the changelog.
(If you have an earlier version of the mod, just install the patch using step three.)

All versions currently have a small screw-up on my part in the cheat room with the new desk feature. Download the Map175 file in attachments and extract it into your www/data folder, overwriting the file that is already there.

Unless you are patching, I recommend creating new folders for each new version. Save folders can be copied over without any foreseeable issues.

If you have any bugs in this version, please report them and I will take care of them as soon as I can.

Firebane

Modder
Feb 3, 2017
Ms Taylor requires you to give the first 2 cards to your sister, and have gotten the keys from Rachel's quest. Then go there during the dawning period, when the lighting is orange.

gizlidost

Sep 7, 2017
Sasha: Sorry ... but you need train your stealth to do this mission.

What should I do in this situation ?

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes