Mod Firebane's My New Life Modded [v2.1+Xtras Modded]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
New version of Updated Enigma VirtualBox unpacker

This update has been long overdue. Finally it supports files larger than 2GB! smile

Full changelog:

Supports files larger than 2GB. Yeah!
Correctly recognizes EnigmaVB 7.50-7.70;
You can use command-line EnigmaVBUnpacker.exe /nogui [pathToFile] to unpack file, save results to !unpacker.log and close automatically.
NEW: fixed "Error creating temporary file"

Hopefully I didn't break anything during the rewrite. But if I did, send me an email and I'll fix it! smile

Download link:

Reactions: Mego123

Major Wanker

Apr 27, 2017
New versions of the mod have been posted to the OP. Here is a changelog for those who don't want to scroll back to there to read it.

v3
-Phone: Time passing feature implemented. Can now pass 1, 3, or 6 hours via phone.
-Cheat Room: Aim, Stealth, Study, and Money have been given new options to increase at different amounts.
-Caroline's Recess tests have the correct answers marked with a !
-Rachel's Date questions have the correct answers marked with a !
-Day cycle bug should be fixed.
-Alarm clock manual disable function added to it in case it doesn't shut off for some unknown reason.
-Various bugfixes fixed as far as I can tell.
-Some changes to in game text to repair the broken English.
-Intro and School exterior map text replaced with better spelling and grammar.
You sir are an absolute legend. Thanks for all your hard work will this work with the new version of the game?

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Umm, you realize 0.41a has been available since early June at least, right?
Yeah but most of the links are to 4.1
So if you'rs is you should update it as that does not handle 2gig files it runs out of memory
This one was available since April 2017
Its just helpful post not a critical one I myself am not new to coding and was just informing people on threads that would tend to use this
Having been a coder for over 40 years :)

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
Okay, I haven't been able to reach the Google document for a few days. Been trying to just go back, but I don't know why it's giving such a hard time. Maybe it's the sheer massive database?

Or the fact that those sentences are scared of a rotorooter? Iunno...

-E- And just as I complain, I can get back on again... Sonova...

Firebane

Modder
Feb 3, 2017
I've noticed he's actually done some grammar edits in the older stuff over the last couple versions, but it looks to be slow going. I'm not sure how much will actually be changed with 1.0.

EXBV

Aug 23, 2017
I'm following the most recent walkthrough (0.9) and just got to step 11 on Sarah's quest line: the one where you need to go to go the comic store and do something for Sasha for the next card.

I cannot progress passed this point and the images I linked describe why that is. I originally used the cheat room to get to 10-20 stealth, but it still wasn't enough, so I went higher...and no change.

I am speaking to Sasha during the afternoon as well, before anyone asks.

Anyone know what's going on and if there's a fix? Or did I set the values too high and the game broke? Do I have to start an entirely new game now?

EDIT: Apparently you need 1 stealth and if you go over 1...then you're fudged.

Last edited:

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
I've noticed he's actually done some grammar edits in the older stuff over the last couple versions, but it looks to be slow going. I'm not sure how much will actually be changed with 1.0.
I'm still perplexed why he writes the same shit five gorramn times in the same area of the gorramn code...

Firebane

Modder
Feb 3, 2017
I'm following the most recent walkthrough (0.9) and just got to step 11 on Sarah's quest line: the one where you need to go to go the comic store and do something for Sasha for the next card.

I cannot progress passed this point and the images I linked describe why that is. I originally used the cheat room to get to 10-20 stealth, but it still wasn't enough, so I went higher...and no change.

I am speaking to Sasha during the afternoon as well, before anyone asks.

Anyone know what's going on and if there's a fix? Or did I set the values too high and the game broke? Do I have to start an entirely new game now?
Yeah, you still need to do at least one stealth training session to get all of the proper switches and triggers set even if you use the cheat room.

I'm still perplexed why he writes the same shit five gorramn times in the same area of the gorramn code...
You and me both on that one.

Reactions: bernthal

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
EDIT: Apparently you need 1 stealth and if you go over 1...then you're fudged.
No as was suggested, The cheats only work after you have started the training normally at least once....
This is true for all the Training stats if I'm not mistaken...
Sexual Prowess, Stamina Aiming and Stealth.

You may even need to study once before the Study cheat works I can't say.

U

User_51567

Well, looking forward to the 1.0 release with Mod..
My thanks that you put you're time in this..

This is one of my favorite games, so to play it with cheats is a big plus...
And i know that i can cheat it with a save game editor, but i just don't like to fuck around with all the variables..

So again my thanks.

Reactions: mhp50

Raiku75

Jun 8, 2017
will we be able too transfer or save from the modded version from 0.9 too 1.00 when it is modded? i have a few hours in 0.9 i hope i dont have too restart even whit the mods the game is long lol if this was already answered am sorry

EXBV

Aug 23, 2017
Yeah, you still need to do at least one stealth training session to get all of the proper switches and triggers set even if you use the cheat room.

You and me both on that one.
No as was suggested, The cheats only work after you have started the training normally at least once....
This is true for all the Training stats if I'm not mistaken...
Sexual Prowess, Stamina Aiming and Stealth.

You may even need to study once before the Study cheat works I can't say.
Ahh, well, that tid-bit of info was not mentioned in the guide....So there are still triggers you need to pass in order to get things going.

I've also recently noticed that the game can completely bug due to the mandatory "teleport your MC into the house at midnight" feature, if you're in the middle of a scenario...

Say for instance, I was in the middle of doing Amy's quest, which tends to require you to visit the Hornet's pub. Well...time still goes on, and if it hits midnight, while you're in the middle of being transported into a quest-related location...then the game will finish the transition segment, but then pop the MC back into his room...which bugs the game entirely.

I had this happen to me during the day you have to tell Amy about her boyfriends betrayal, then, in that same day, go report to the Hornets Pub and complete the client quest, before going with Chloe to the setup location. I ended up going through the transition, then ended up being auto-teleported back to MC's room, because it coincidentally hit midnight as well. Suffice it to say...the game ended up bugging soon after and I couldn't move or do anything.

EDIT: New problem, I'm starting Sandra's route, but she's not at the bus stop in front of school on weekday mornings. (I completed Rachels story way earlier).

Did I miss some window of opportunity? Was I supposed to speak with Sandra right after the exam fix + Paizuri scene on the following day?

Last edited:
U

User_51567

So it seems that the 1.01 version fixes most of the problems.

When can we expect a modded version for 1.00?, not to rush you(hell if you want to take a month then by al means;))
But it's good to know when we can expect it .

Reactions: Okar
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes