2.70 star(s) 11 Votes

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Just throwing this out there, the Developer Blog link on the OP might/seems to be to the fake one
Nope. That's their official page. They took it from the person doing the english version and made it their own

Reactions: muttdoggy

ChaosX

Aug 13, 2016
Nope. That's their official page. They took it from the person doing the english version and made it their own
Oh! Thanks, sorry about that though. Wasn't sure cause I had the original Russian site. But looking at it, there seems to be three sites

PrEzi

Modder
Aug 17, 2016
The wait.... the WAIIIIT is killing me.... eagerly awaiting the upload ;-)

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Uploading Now. To be honest, this game is hard to follow even while looking at qgen. Some of the choices don't show in the editor and some of the conversations don't show also. Please don't ask me for a walkthrough cause I'm just as clueless as everybody else. You won't see everything in the first playthrough. If you open the game in the editor, you'll see even a bigger mess with code than in 0.6. Save frequently. I made over 50 save files just to make sure that each choice didn't have a negative outcome while playing.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
It's a freakin rats nest in the damn code when I checked 0.6 and 0.4.
I have a modded MBF at a friends house and he's also got my first attempt at fixing a code mess. That was Family life 0.4 and it took me a few weeks and most of a mini notepad to jot down conditions, add/subtract values, etc to keep it all straight.
Good thing is, on that version I did, all the pictures work.

Reactions: Buffalo Fred

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
If you open the game in the editor, you'll see even a bigger mess with code than in 0.6. Save frequently.
Oh fuck me thats ominous. I have had grad level programming exams that were less complicated than figuring out the conditions that would get the Maid to put out and progress the story.

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Oh fuck me thats ominous. I have had grad level programming exams that were less complicated than figuring out the conditions that would get the Maid to put out and progress the story.
The general rule of thumb when it comes to code is to make it readable for others or atleast leave comments that tells what's going on. That went right over their heads. I had to use 0.6 as a reference for this version

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
Its the sort of code that, if not for QSP requiring breaks to function, would have most of its program as a single long run-on sentence line.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I've always wondered if the shit went both ways. I worked with the dearly departed ex-localizer. Then he went all google-fu on the translation and then put the renamed menus, buttons, etc I translated in there, too. I didn't see the text that I proofread and helped translate... at all.
I'm wonder if the rat's nest made him take shortcuts instead of talking to the dev and sayin...

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I've always wondered if the shit went both ways. I worked with the dearly departed ex-localizer. Then he went all google-fu on the translation and then put the renamed menus, buttons, etc I translated in there, too. I didn't see the text that I proofread and helped translate... at all.
I'm wonder if the rat's nest made him take shortcuts instead of talking to the dev and sayin...
I don't blame him but whoever they have translating now is pretty decent. Not $30 decent but whatever

PrEzi

Modder
Aug 17, 2016
so is this version properly translated to english or is it just edited machine translation ?
I'm not sure bout the newest one, but the "proper" 0.45 I've played was translated FAR BETTER than any machine translation. Not without spelling mistakes but these were peanuts compared to the weird outcome from machine translation.

Man.... my F5 key is wearing out slowly .... refreshing this page like every ten freakin minutes hoping for a DL Link :p

DMonkey

Aug 16, 2016
It seems like we have a new kind of maniac, F5 Maniac =)). To be honest, I just did the same what you are doing.

ace_boogie

Professional Asshole
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I want my Foxy Lady.... ehhh ;-)
What I thought was a blowjob scene turns out that it isn't one but she does have more scenes than in the 0.6 version just have to figure out how to access them.

Reactions: PrEzi

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
Ok I am starting to see what you mean about the code. What a horribly painful way to do a translation (from a snoopers perspective, I mean).

2.70 star(s) 11 Votes