Mod Ren'Py Dreams of Desire: Definitive Edition - Lain's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [v1.0] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
I have no idea why those instructions worked in this specific instance. It has nothing to do with the transparent textbox file posted named "bg.png". But, I'm going to download that file, rename it textbox.png and paste in the folder containing the file. But I have a different request. How can I left align the character name text so I can look at the renders without obstruction?
you do realize that you are replying to 3y old post about original game
as alignment you can you can hide whole thing by pressing H works in any renpy game its general button
you can make text transparent and thats all you can do
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-3.11925/
but if you find mod that does move name around i have yet to see it , feel free to share

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
you do realize that you are replying to 3y old post about original game
as alignment you can you can hide whole thing by pressing H works in any renpy game its general button
you can make text transparent and thats all you can do
https://f95zone.to/threads/renpy-transparent-text-box-mod-v2-6-3.11925/
but if you find mod that does move name around i have yet to see it , feel free to share
Renaming the bg.png file to textbox.png then replacing the one in the mod folder seems to work and makes everything transparent. But I'm concerned about left aligning the character names. I assumed it would as easy as simply editing the gui.rpy file's gui.name_xalign values to either 1.0 or 0.5 but it doesn't do anything. The assumption was that the new gui.rpy file that Lain is providing would override stuff but I'm not sure if it does. I'm trying not to have to get an editor to unpack files from the game's original folders.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: micmitja

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Renaming the bg.png file to textbox.png then replacing the one in the mod folder seems to work and makes everything transparent. But I'm concerned about left aligning the character names. I assumed it would as easy as simply editing the gui.rpy file's gui.name_xalign values to either 1.0 or 0.5 but it doesn't do anything. The assumption was that the new gui.rpy file that Lain is providing would override stuff but I'm not sure if it does. I'm trying not to have to get an editor to unpack files from the game's original folders.
well cant help you there , ingame doesnt seem to have this option and all i can say i have yet to see this option at any game or mod and lain have been mia for a while too 1641703639704.png

Nitwitty

Nov 23, 2020
well cant help you there , ingame doesnt seem to have this option and all i can say i have yet to see this option at any game or mod and lain have been mia for a while too View attachment 1587468
Yes was on her discord. She seems to have been away for a while. I'm checking all the .rpy files in both her mod section and the game dev's folders. Looking for xalign values for names. Usually it's a 0.0 setting that needs to be adjusted to 1.0 or 0.5....not sure. Checking them all. I thought Lain's gui.rpy file would override things but it really doesn't.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Yes was on her discord. She seems to have been away for a while. I'm checking all the .rpy files in both her mod section and the game dev's folders. Looking for xalign values for names. Usually it's a 0.0 setting that needs to be adjusted to 1.0 or 0.5....not sure. Checking them all. I thought Lain's gui.rpy file would override things but it really doesn't.
well you can try searching true tools thread if you find anything
https://f95zone.to/forums/tools-tutorials.17/
and if you dont ask in unren thread if you dont find some better maybe they will be able to help you there

Reactions: Nitwitty

Maverick369

Nov 22, 2021
I cant get this to work on my steam version. I try to open the file and it starts the game.
Any suggestions to get this to work

starfarts

Aug 13, 2021
Can confirm it doesn't work on the Steam version.
Scratch that, it does actually work after the first ~30 minutes or so. No clue why this is the case, but don't be like me and assume it doesn't just because you have to play the first bit regularly!

Thanks for the mod as always

aver33

Jul 31, 2017
Did the definitive edition's gallery change in such a way that you no longer can choose between variations of a replay ?
For example in the non definitive edition you could choose some variables such as if you told Ms Turner the truth at the beginning of the replay and based on that choice you would get a different scene, or the outfit choice.

Is that no longer possible or did I screw something up with the install?

ChineseBoobfan

May 27, 2019
The mod does not work anymore with the final version of the Definitive Edition 1.0.3. Is there an update available to run with that version?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote