Mod Ren'Py Dreams of Desire: Definitive Edition - Lain's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [v1.0] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Fawn001

Feb 1, 2020
I thought that with the mod you could choose all the options instead of one like in a previous night event, so here you see a normal choice, I suppose that choosing a route misses the other two stories.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

multiplex1

Sep 4, 2019
Maim Lain: you forgot some scenes in your mod for the Steam version.

The gallery unlock has these scenes that you missed.
screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png
Your scenes that you have for Steam are:
screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png

You are missing the Halloween Special and the Mom and Aunt extra scene. Could you fix that or at least explain why those two scenes are gone from the Extras Scene Gallery?

GRxFoxDie

Feb 13, 2018
I did a translation with your mod, only that it only shows me English texts while everything else is translated into German.

Can anyone help me?

BladeTurbo

May 4, 2021
this doesn't seem to work with the steam version. there are no highlights (parenthesis or otherwise).

V4mpire

Game Developer
Dec 20, 2020
Hi all, my compressed unofficial Android port of Dreams of Desire 1.0.3 Definitive Edition Elite with Maim Lain walk through and improvements mod.
Usual gestures, seethru textbox adjustable text/choice size etc etc..
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!
i'm not sure how anyone else might have been able to play and not find this issue, but the menu's are too far off the screen and parts where there are more options they're missing off the screen, like 2 seems to show but words partly out of screen, when there's more than that, it will show one, then random click around "might" get another option, but unable to proceed as i'm guessing it's a part you ask various questioned then end/continue, but the option is off screen.

Almost a year late, i know, but only now got around to trying it again. Worst case i'll just play on pc again, I use my phone for more relaxed setting for these.

Reactions: Itsol88

multiplex1

Sep 4, 2019
can the mod also have the choice of seeing the side stories? the halloween story is gone.

Last edited:

scmark15

Jul 28, 2017
yeah both mods dont work witht he steam version which is a fucking pain in the ass
The mod can be fixed to work with the steam version by renaming "episode1.rpy" & "episode1.rpyc" to "script.rpy" & "script.rpyc" respectively in the mod's "./game/scripts/dialogue/dod" folder. This is because the steam version renamed the two files from the patreon version probably due to using an updated version of renpy which may be due to better steamdeck support.

Note: This will make the mod work with the steam version however any updates that Lewdlab had done to the game since the original steam release may not work properly. For example the gallery will be missing the holiday scenes and the lost memories scenes.

• Red Heart
Reactions: randomguy6516265165

randomguy6516265165

Forum Fanatic
Jun 21, 2018
The mod can be fixed to work with the steam version by renaming "episode1.rpy" & "episode1.rpyc" to "script.rpy" & "script.rpyc" respectively in the mod's "./game/scripts/dialogue/dod" folder. This is because the steam version renamed the two files from the patreon version probably due to using an updated version of renpy which may be due to better steamdeck support.

Note: This will make the mod work with the steam version however any updates that Lewdlab had done to the game since the original steam release may not work properly. For example the gallery will be missing the holiday scenes and the lost memories scenes.
thanks mate this seems to work but I think its broken since in the OP it says that there is no consequences for choosing the revealing outfit but she gave a BJ to the guy Idk if there is something that can be changed so she doesnt do or if there are more broken stuff

Last edited:

scmark15

Jul 28, 2017
thanks mate this seems to work but I think its broken since in the OP it says that there is no consequences for choosing the revealing outfit but she gave a BJ to the guy Idk if there is something that can be changed so she doesnt do or if there are more broken stuff
Sorry unfortunately the mod is working for the most part as when Lain put it out, but some small things may have been broken as Lewdlab had two updates after this mod had come out, changes may have occurred in the original game that broke portions of the mod due to the developer switching to an updated version of the renpy engine, most likely to support the steamdeck. Nothing can be done about Lain's Mod as she's been MIA for quite some time now.

Reactions: randomguy6516265165
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote