Mod Ren'Py Dreams of Desire: Definitive Edition - Lain's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [v1.0] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

MonkeyLord

Apr 29, 2017
Did the definitive edition's gallery change in such a way that you no longer can choose between variations of a replay ?
For example in the non definitive edition you could choose some variables such as if you told Ms Turner the truth at the beginning of the replay and based on that choice you would get a different scene, or the outfit choice.

Is that no longer possible or did I screw something up with the install?
Did you ever figure that out? Or did you have to dl the old game version & cheat for those scenes?

SIrLimitless

Mar 4, 2022
Is there a way to lock back the gallery? I thought it was more like a switch where I could see what I'll get and lock it back again. I usually track my progress using the gallery

scmark15

Jul 28, 2017
Is there a way to lock back the gallery? I thought it was more like a switch where I could see what I'll get and lock it back again. I usually track my progress using the gallery
At the moment no, but you can reset all settings including the gallery by deleting the persistent file in both the games directory and your roaming user directory (they're synced together so be sure to delete both). This clears all saved game settings and resets them to default and all gallery unlocks but it will also relock the Holiday DLC and TLM DLC as it also clears the triggers for unlocking them. Your game saves will remain thou unless you delete everything in the following folders....

Delete "persistent" in the folder "[whatever install directory]/game/saves/"
And delete "persistent" in the folder "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\DreamsofDesire"

If you just want to see all images then go back to what you had before just move one of the persistent files to another directory, unlock the gallery, close the game, then delete both files in the directories above, then move your backup persistent file to either directory and restart the game again.

TheUnDoge

Oct 1, 2022
Thanks for the mod, ignore previous comments if you can still see them it was my end that was the problem

Last edited:

Dreezky

Oct 25, 2023
it's weird the mod is well installed, but I don't have the help for the choices? I can unlock all the scenes, but that's it :(

Reactions: Bort740

DDBBA

May 25, 2018
quick question, i am playing on the steam deck, if i unlocked all scenes with the cheat will the scenes not unlocked appear naturally after i unlocked them? second question, how do i scroll down the gallery to see the rest of the scenes, this happened on my laptop too and the only solution was to connect a mouse and scroll down with the mouse wheel?

dzjaynus

Aug 28, 2022
yep, it says the mod is installed but the choice help doesn't show.

Edit: turns out it does work, but for some reason it only starts about 30 mins into the game.

Last edited:

scmark15

Jul 28, 2017
yep, it says the mod is installed but the choice help doesn't show.

Edit: turns out it does work, but for some reason it only starts about 30 mins into the game.
Also had the same problem, wondering if someone has a solution
it's weird the mod is well installed, but I don't have the help for the choices? I can unlock all the scenes, but that's it :(
It starts working on episode 2 onward... between the different versions of the game they renamed the file containing the opening part of the game from "episode1.rpy" to "script.rpy" and this mod, which is outdated, replaces the version that was out at the time ("episode1.rpy"), so that part of the mod gets skipped and runs the unmodded "script.rpy" file instead of the modded "episode1.rpy" hence no choice highlighting during episode 1.

This can be rectified in the mod if you go into the files and rename the "episode1.rpy" to "script.rpy" in the "game\scripts\dialogue\dod" folder.

Sober-man

Apr 3, 2023
Rename the “episode1.rpy” file to “script.rpy” in “game\scripts\dialogue\dod” in the mod to get it to work
Yeah, but the gallery doesn't work, so mod needs to be udated. Also perhaps other functions of the mod do not work or do not work correctly

Last edited:

scmark15

Jul 28, 2017
Yeah, but the gallery doesn't work, so mod needs to be udated. Also perhaps other functions of the mod do not work or do not work correctly
The GOG version, the one on here now, uses an a different method to run the gallery. It'll have to be updated.

So far the changes I've seen with a quick glance between the GOG and Patreon versions:
- The gallery was updated to the steam version
- The gallery replays are run through a class
- They added a relationship menu
- They removed language support (maybe added back in the future?)
- They fixed spelling issues throughout
- They fixed alternate costume issues throughout
- Removed Elite Content (which steam never had)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote