Mod Ren'Py Dreams of Desire: Definitive Edition - Lain's Walkthrough + Improvements + Cheat Mod [v1.0] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

MIchealbael

Jul 10, 2018
the mod does not work for pc i drag and drop it in the DOD Folder and it said the only thing that will be replace was a texbox.png file and i just hit replace. Then when i try to start the game it gives me this and does not start the game samething goes if i hit skip.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
The TF in the cabin with the MCs mother seems to be missing.
can you add to your mod adds the endings to the gallery
Shadyacres botab Dampyr
In the next game update that's coming soon next week I will be improving the gallery a bit and adding the missing scenes like the original endings, and the TLM and Holiday scenes. So the next game update will have those added and won't need a mod to see those in the gallery.

Question, how was the alice and tracy scene censored?

Curious what has actually changed since I have no idea :S
bobdillan Xegrid lolositoxd
The scenes that were censored/removed were the bonus Alice and Tracy school scenes during the ending. The mod adds those back.

Hi lain, any way to not get the publisher scene? The NTR kinda ruined that for me there.
Sneak Monkey Famescua dollarlnwza
After you choose the revealing dress, the mod adds a choice where the MC talks about the dress and gives the player a choice to switch the dress or not, and switching the dress means you won't get the publisher scene. Sorry if the dialogue about it wasn't clear enough, I'll add a note to the choice that warns about the ntr so it's more clear.

the mod does not work for pc
You need the 'Dreams of Desire: Definitive Editon v1.0' version of the game. The version of the game that you have is many years old.

is incest mod have an option to turn on/off or is there a way to keep everything but remove that part?
Delete the 'patch.rpyc' file in your 'game' folder to disable the incest.

Hojomon

Jul 17, 2021
Is there any chance you'll add all the possible endings to the gallery, to include the preggo ending?

It's a p.i.t.a trying to figure out what choices need to be clicked to get a specific ending.

Reactions: regio94

LucasLeels

Dec 3, 2018
After you choose the revealing dress, the mod adds a choice where the MC talks about the dress and gives the player a choice to switch the dress or not, and switching the dress means you won't get the publisher scene. Sorry if the dialogue about it wasn't clear enough, I'll add a note to the choice that warns about the ntr so it's more clear.
I fell for that and I have to start all over again because the donkey here didn't separate the save :rolleyes:, and thanks for redoing that part, but now I have to start all over again.

Reactions: Bahamut Zero

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
I fell for that and I have to start all over again because the donkey here didn't separate the save :rolleyes:, and thanks for redoing that part, but now I have to start all over again.
Yeah... me too. At the start i think... why the game give me the choice again... then i think oh well the mod developer say you can see. So keep the clothes... And then i need to restart the game again :( i mean... go to the save folder in C: and cancel all the save... because the game remember who you do and in the gallery the game give me the shitty NTR scene. So to not have it, i need to restart a clean game again...
Oh well at last i use skip unseen text till that part again.

Anway better to explain at the main pages, that after you see the reveling clothes, then you need to change the clothes again. I mean... the choice is not so clear and someone can easily fall into it.
Or just put in game a tag, which warns players to change the choice in case.

Anyway till now good work

Reactions: LucasLeels

Xanado

May 9, 2018
*Small bug* When you go to spa with mom, aunt and sis and you choose to go with mom first then aunt. You get another chance to choose mom again when it probably should only be alice left.

Later there is a scene when MC explores his familys dreams that also works this way.( You can watch moms dream then tracys then choose between moms and alice dreams. It's the night when one of the girls is sitting on the floor crying in front of a frame with liar written on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: hasanz

walrus13

Nov 6, 2017
Thanks for all the work you do, I am sure its a long and pain in the ass process
The mod worked the first time I used it, but now when I try to start up the game I get this

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/mod/Lain_Guides.rpy", line 3: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 2
^

File "game/mod/Lain_Guides.rpy", line 21: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 2
^

File "game/mod/Lain_Guides.rpy", line 42: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 2
^

File "game/mod/Lain_Guides.rpy", line 81: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 2
^

File "game/mod/Lain_Guides.rpy", line 149: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
zorder 2
^

File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 27: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
add gui.main_menu_background
^

File "game/mod/Lain_Overrides.rpy", line 63: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use game_menu(_("SCENES"), saveloadscr=True):
^

File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 423: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
add gui.main_menu_background
^

File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 628: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use game_menu(_("About"), scroll="viewport"):
^

File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 665: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use file_slots(_("Save"))
^

File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 672: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use file_slots(_("Load"))
^

File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 798: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use game_menu(_("Settings"), scroll="viewport"):
^

File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 979: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
predict False
^

File "game/scripts/screens.rpy", line 1068: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
default device = "keyboard"
^

File "game/scripts/variable.rpy", line 55: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use game_menu(_("SCENES"), saveloadscr=True):
^

File "game/scripts/variable.rpy", line 104: Line is indented, but the preceding tag statement does not expect a block. Please check this line's indentation.
use game_menu(name.title()):
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.9.2142
Mon Oct 25 15:05:15 2021

I am using the compressed version with the improved img pack and used all the unren if that helps figure this out

Last edited:

Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
Shadyacres botab Dampyr
In the next game update that's coming soon next week I will be improving the gallery a bit and adding the missing scenes like the original endings, and the TLM and Holiday scenes. So the next game update will have those added and won't need a mod to see those in the gallery.

bobdillan Xegrid lolositoxd
The scenes that were censored/removed were the bonus Alice and Tracy school scenes during the ending. The mod adds those back.

Sneak Monkey Famescua dollarlnwza

You need the 'Dreams of Desire: Definitive Editon v1.0' version of the game. The version of the game that you have is many years old.

Delete the 'patch.rpyc' file in your 'game' folder to disable the incest.
Thanks muchly, I actually went back and replayed it and worked it out from my memory of what caused that scene, yes that does work as an extra choice there but I was rushing through so didn't notice, as I've already played, was curious about the update and so wanted to do a quick replay.

scorpio99-bj

Jul 8, 2019
Is there any chance you'll add all the possible endings to the gallery, to include the preggo ending?

It's a p.i.t.a trying to figure out what choices need to be clicked to get a specific ending.
I was able to get two ending choices (preggo and perfect ending) by taking the Love Route for everyone (No corruption choices) and picking the below lust points for Alice and her route choice. Oh yeah almost forgot but not sure if it matters....I picked "Cum Inside" on all choices.

screenshot0027.png screenshot0028.png screenshot0029.png

Last edited:

teth89

Nov 28, 2019
I am having an error with the bonus scene that has since only become attainable through the gallery unlocker (8th row, 3rd column). I am not sure if this is due to the base game or some other matter? Has anybody been able to view it? I've attached the markdown for diagnostics.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote