VN RPGM Dope's Lustful Adventures [v0.051] [Dope]

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Never mind I restarted the game, and it went ahead.

Now I am stuck at the party.
I got the drink, and whenever I come to the house where party is suppose to be, It says i should come later.

Incogonpis

May 4, 2017
so you have to visit the museum and talk to mom downstairs and upstairs before you can go to the backyard to fight demons in the forest to up your stats...

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
While playing this game I like it but do not like the fighting settings to much...what I mean is that you can not 'stack' the choice for your party. You have to wait for each character to do the selected action before going to the next, why its set that way is beyond me would like to see that you can set Dope, Fire and Blaze on actions in a fight then wait then do it again till fight over instead of waiting for each person but meh also I did what I could till Mom sent me to the back to fight bats and rats but i have fought several of each and I can not even talk to her even with the quest stating to talk to mom

woody

Jan 31, 2017
IM stuck ,after talking with billy at the beach, im stuck on the last billy pic, cant get out of it,ive done a rerun from previous save & get same outcome

Incogonpis

May 4, 2017
ok im stuck at placing the girls on the rocks and I do the act with it up and nothing happens, they go back into place they were before, now what ??? I place them back on the rocks and they are both stuck in a trance

actiontime01

Oct 6, 2017
I got stucked at night with the party in day one and the quest says continue your day so I slept and nothing change still at night with party now I am at day 3 I spend 2 days sleeping and I still stucked at night with the party

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
...The game TELLS you to go talk to Jessica in the quest log. I make a walkthrough that TELLS you what to do for the whole game. What more do you want?
Yes, but how does one know where to find Jessica or any other NPC?

I had to read the Walkthrough, where it says she is at the dorms.
Then I ran into another problem.
Where the hell are dorms? :D
Had to go on a search mission throughout town until I stumbled upon university.

You really should create map markers for the active quest.

Reactions: Ozygator

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
Hmm, point taken.

I only have one problem. Well, it's not so much a problem as it is a preference. In my opinion, keyword being opinion, gamers these days are lazy. They want everything given to them, the exploration of old is dead. People don't really "play" games anymore, they poke around and if they can't figure something out in a min or so, they scream for a walkthru and let that guide them. That's cool and all but it is annoying that it seems like people just give up and don't try. My game isn't but so big, for now, and I could see if I had a Fallout or Elder Scroll style map that was huge with numerous locations and such. Or, keeping it closer to home, if I had a map like My New Life (which has a huge map broken up into fairly large sections). But my map is pretty damn small, purposefully, and the only explorable areas on the map have names listed no matter where the player is on the map; it shouldn't be hard to find anything. Maybe not as convenient as some would like, but certainly not difficult if the player looks around. I've played ren'py games that told less and had the player clicking all over the damn screen looking for one specific hotspot with no indication of where it is. I at least try and guide the player, but I don't want to hold their hand along the journey, so to speak.

It's hard trying to ascertain what you think the players knows/understands and what you, as the dev, absolutely know and understand. I'm trying to maintain a balance between let the player explore/figure shit out and just tell the player everything. It's a hard balance to maintain when players seem to not actually want to play/explore. It's to the point where I don't know how I should go about adding serious quests because I know most people are just gonna ask "How do I...". Seriously though, the game isn't encrypted, if all people want to do is see the renders, they can just look in the folder. I'm making this game for people that want to play an actual rpg, an old school styled jrpg at that. It's meant to be somewhat challenging, I want the player to have to think, I want them to have to look around, I want them to explore. I don't want to frustrate people, but I don't want to just hand them everything on a silver platter either.
I've been out for a few updates, from what I've read alot of things have been addressed. As an old school gamer I don't believe spoon-feeding locations is one of the things that needs to be addressed. MAYBE making the beachside location a bit more obvious would be good, but I appreciate you sticking to your guns on not adding quest markers, heck I basically knew the "world" like the back of hand by the time I found the university and that's not a bad thing. Guess work and exploration are sometimes the point. This game has good sexy bits, but I hardly find that to be the main point of the game and judge this more on the standards of a normal game as opposed to an H-game.

Good for you to stick to your guns on this point. Keep up the good work Carmen Sandiego!

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Hmm, point taken.

I only have one problem. Well, it's not so much a problem as it is a preference. In my opinion, keyword being opinion, gamers these days are lazy. They want everything given to them, the exploration of old is dead. People don't really "play" games anymore, they poke around and if they can't figure something out in a min or so, they scream for a walkthru and let that guide them. That's cool and all but it is annoying that it seems like people just give up and don't try. My game isn't but so big, for now, and I could see if I had a Fallout or Elder Scroll style map that was huge with numerous locations and such. Or, keeping it closer to home, if I had a map like My New Life (which has a huge map broken up into fairly large sections). But my map is pretty damn small, purposefully, and the only explorable areas on the map have names listed no matter where the player is on the map; it shouldn't be hard to find anything. Maybe not as convenient as some would like, but certainly not difficult if the player looks around. I've played ren'py games that told less and had the player clicking all over the damn screen looking for one specific hotspot with no indication of where it is. I at least try and guide the player, but I don't want to hold their hand along the journey, so to speak.

It's hard trying to ascertain what you think the players knows/understands and what you, as the dev, absolutely know and understand. I'm trying to maintain a balance between let the player explore/figure shit out and just tell the player everything. It's a hard balance to maintain when players seem to not actually want to play/explore. It's to the point where I don't know how I should go about adding serious quests because I know most people are just gonna ask "How do I...". Seriously though, the game isn't encrypted, if all people want to do is see the renders, they can just look in the folder. I'm making this game for people that want to play an actual rpg, an old school styled jrpg at that. It's meant to be somewhat challenging, I want the player to have to think, I want them to have to look around, I want them to explore. I don't want to frustrate people, but I don't want to just hand them everything on a silver platter either.
I understand what you are saying.

But if you leave it like it is, then the player will be FORCED to go from building to building, and from wall to wall like a blind man, cursing the developer.

Make quest text more descriptive, give hints, pointers,.... something to lead you to the RIGHT location.

Unless you absolutely LOVE the army of blind men.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
I understand what you are saying.

But if you leave it like it is, then the player will be FORCED to go from building to building, and from wall to wall like a blind man, cursing the developer.

Make quest text more descriptive, give hints, pointers,.... something to lead you to the RIGHT location.

Unless you absolutely LOVE the army of blind men.
Are you clicking on the quests twice to get the detailed description?

Every location is labeled before you touch it and the quests give the descriptions listed on the map at this point. A couple editions ago I'd see your point. Double checked the quest description it lists both the university and the Dorm in the quest description. Aside from "go here" railroading twinkling markers there's not much more you can do.

Reactions: Carmen Sandiego

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
I grew up playing stuff like final fantasy, dragon warrior, chrono trigger, and the first 3 legend of zelda games. When it came to final fantasy 7, 8, and 9 I bought those prima guides that were like 2 inches thick and had to find out all the stuff on my own with a book at the most. One of my exes even cherishes a notebook with my own walkthrough written in it. Plebs!

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
We all grew up.
That's what happened.

I remember my Commodore times, and well past any and all early PC games, who by today's standards were utter shit and I would not touch them with a wooden pole.

I have been gaming since there were games, practically. Even before Commodore.

In my "old" age I have become desensitized and yes I want things on my plate.
As I really, really do not want to waste my time needlessly.

To each his own, I say.

Reactions: Ozygator

Andy02

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
I guess the end is at the back of your house after you get them both on the crystals, don't let them look at each other, then activate the orb nothing happen at this point right?

Andy02

Donor
Jul 14, 2017
The column at the top right should disappear and you should be able to go to the temple. If nothing happens after you get them on the crystals and activate the orb, it's a glitch. I'll look into it.

Edit:
I just checked, it worked fine for me. What happens when you try to activate the orb? Does any text appear at all?

Walk to the orb hold the crystal shard up I select yes nothing, but I can keep trying over and over.

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
Well, personal taste and all, but I didn't find the humor humorous, and combining lacy lingerie and sex whips with annoying combat in a forest makes no sense. Also, I didn't think you got enough clues what to do. Exploration is fine, but if the game consists of going to random spots and seeing if something happens it's not so much exploration as it is aimless wondering and taking stabs in the dark. And this from someone who has in fact explored a Fallout 4-sized and a Skyrim-sized map thoroughly. Good luck with it, but definitely not for me.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Is the game supposed to lock me up in my room with "I need my armor" at every exit after I finished the temple in the woods (with the two problem demons)? I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now to be honest.

Edit: Ok, seems like I found what I'm supposed to do now, but the game still locks me up in my room with said armor thing. Not sure if it's a bug or something, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

The dialogue with Lust is great though xD

Last edited:
Reactions: Carmen Sandiego
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes