RPGM Domination Desire: Banished - Development thread

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Civilincubus

Aug 23, 2018
If the prayer would be a passive then the player would have to have an option of turning it off in case he wants to have some fun with the enemies. The other thing is you get only one special prayer per day, meaning you get to choose only one you want to use out of a few that will be available to the player. This is how I see it now, however I might change things around once I do some testing of this feature.
Personally, I prefer the non-passive, survival elements to the game. Managing the sperm count, deaths, items, and prayers rewards planning which is both fun and immerses oneself in the universe. Hard to maintain the feeling of being the 'weak hero' throughout the entire game if one can accumulate too many stats and passives to stomp even high level enemies.

Salminar

Aug 26, 2018
Since you can have only one at a time i don't see where this would be stacking powerful buffs, that's just less micromanagement if you can switch it on or off. But fine, people loves micromanagement ok.

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
Civilincubus

Yeah, I want the prayers to introduce another level of preparation/player choice that will impact the gameplay. With two starting special prayers you will be able to choose whether you want to go offensive with the sacred weapon or defensive with protection from seduction. Depending on the enemy you fight, there will be more or less benefits to choosing one prayer or the other.

Salminar

Other thing about the special prayers that makes then unfit as a passive is the fact that not all of them will work all the time. There will be some that last for a few turns in battle giving a temporary power boost to get out of rough situation once a day, however that one will be introduced later in the game. Depending on the player feedback, I could change it around to improve it ofc. There are options of making the skill more "automatic", like asking the player after rest if he wants to say a prayer.

Btw, I have released a dev update couple of days ago. It covers my progress on the upcoming update, this time focusing on new gameplay additions and QoL changes. It can be accessed on my discord and patreon.

Reactions: ジハン

2022gameflix

Aug 16, 2022
Civilincubus

Yeah, I want the prayers to introduce another level of preparation/player choice that will impact the gameplay. With two starting special prayers you will be able to choose whether you want to go offensive with the sacred weapon or defensive with protection from seduction. Depending on the enemy you fight, there will be more or less benefits to choosing one prayer or the other.

Salminar

Other thing about the special prayers that makes then unfit as a passive is the fact that not all of them will work all the time. There will be some that last for a few turns in battle giving a temporary power boost to get out of rough situation once a day, however that one will be introduced later in the game. Depending on the player feedback, I could change it around to improve it ofc. There are options of making the skill more "automatic", like asking the player after rest if he wants to say a prayer.

Btw, I have released a dev update couple of days ago. It covers my progress on the upcoming update, this time focusing on new gameplay additions and QoL changes. It can be accessed on my discord and patreon.
Very good news indeed ! :)

idefix999

Oct 14, 2017
does anyone know how many opponents there are at the moment and where to find them. or some kind of walkthrough would be nice.

Reactions: Block445

kiaaas

Jan 18, 2020
For future updates, I think you should add bars instead of numbers for key indicators such as ejaculation /lust. It makes things easier to understand / play.

Reactions: Rosama

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Hey can you add more levels to legion and make her muscular in higher levels please it would be cool:)
Taking into account what the legion stands for, reproduction, it doesn't seem to be a good mob for a muscular setting, however the game currently has some muscular girls, albeit seeing your profile picture they may not be at the level you want.

test22250

Jul 19, 2020
Meant to post this a while back, but I did a fresh run of the game from scratch on the new version. Still love the game -- very unique and one of my favorites on the site, with really great progress with each update. Also, THANK YOU for the new speed settings. That is an amazing quality of life change -- probably the best speed-up system I've seen in any game like this.

Here's a few bugs I encountered during my playthrough, apologies if these have been fixed already:

- Sometimes Ceren is doing multiple things at the same time (like there are literally multiple Cerens on the map): like I had a case where she was training... and sleeping.. and practicing... all at the same time (3 AM).

- I had some really weird behaviors with the slime cave and the numbers of enemies I was encountering. I wrote down "escape turns 5 slimes into 1" -- IIRC what I meant is that I had an encounter where I was fighting 5 slimes (seems like a lot), then I used escape, and re-fought them, and this time there was only 1.

- Deadman's sword never left my inventory even after turning it in

- You can find Noemi's key before meeting Noemi -- which basically permanently breaks that part of the game.

- I remember an earlier version showed a tutorial about fighting giant enemies. Is that gone?

- I got into a weird situation where dying or getting devoured caused my level to actually increase (10 -> 15).

- Strong potion has the same description as normal potion.

- The fight where you're supposed to learn "Preparation" is buggy. I was able to win the fight without ever learning the skill, so I never knew it existed until I replayed that battle in the tower. In fact, there seems to be a lot of bugginess with the Ceren fights overall.

- It's really not obvious where bombs can be used on the map, or that they even can be in the first place if someone didn't know about it.

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
test22250
Thanks for the bug report.
When it comes to Ceren's action on the island, I know of this issue however I still haven't wrapped my head around what might be causing this. Was the deadman's sword an item or was it a weapon? How did you manage to win with Ceren during that training fight? Was it with items? This could potentially bug Ceren fight in the future. Do you recall the cases of the bugginess in fight with Ceren?
I'm pretty sure there wasn't a tutorial for giant fights ever, however that's a good suggestion tbh.
The level increase after vore is a feature, when you die you get reset to 80% of your max level ever.

camper674

Jan 30, 2018
Some bugs that I've found

-If you teleport outside before you talk to suzanne about her being in other world (where she wants you to direct her to nearest highway) you can spot her and yourself outside.

-Suzane multitasks during the training, in one particular bad example, i managed to get my dick stomped, while being choked as she prepared the defense to initiate the said chokehold, in a single round (a weapon to surpass metal gear?!) This may or may not have something to do with me being sped up to X5 speed

-Ceren first fight is winnable, she doesn't like strong poison, didn't know i was supposed to lose.

-If legion reproduces too much (more than 5) there is a chance that the new legion replaces other legions who were not dead.
(basically you can end up with 5 alphas, only to get 4 alphas and one normal) Naming of the said legions also goes out of the window (rooster at the middle of the fight was " Legion alpha A, legion, legion alpha C, legion alpha, legion")

-Legion alpha surrender option when choosing legionaire orgy is mostly broken, it is possible to enjoy double drain (grayed option, clickable by mouse or selectable by arrow keys) when only one legionaire is present, farts are present when disabled by filters (understandable) and when the game feels particularly picky, it doesn't even show "solo" as a clickable

-in future mode(arcade) it is possible to softlock the game by going to the tower, going to the right and pressing customize right away, select first preset and now you are softlocked. Game may show percentages and names, but whenever you press back it says "preset is empty, try again" catching you in a loop.

-It is possible to hear noemi stomping around you while you are trying to chat up the vampire.

-dying in tight spots on shattered castle has tendency to not leave a corpse.

-I faintly remember a message of " a new day has arrived" appearing during the mother legion fight in the room where they do not attack you, the problem was probably in a poor timing of message appearing right after i confirmed to fight them.

-and the least problematic glitch is, it is possible to stand on the bottom right coffin in the mansion where the six coffins are (due to the cobweb i presume)

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
camper674 Thanks for letting me know about the bugs. Regarding that Suzanna conversation bug, at what point exactly did you teleport? The cutscene in question has no spot where the player is supposed to have control from the moment you enter her room to getting a quest from her.
The multitasking occured during the chokehold, right? Did you try to struggle or used any items in that round? Not sure if it's tied to speed option as it's the first time I have ever seen anyone report that.

Ceren's first fight is supposed to be winnable, but losing is fine too.

The Legionnaire orgy choices are greyed out due to mistake on my part but are still selectable and working. Thanks for pointing this out though as I've managed to find some other issues with some of the scenes.

Noemi stomping around is fine as long as she doesn't attack you during the conversation, she is a giantess after all hear her stomping around makes sense.

Did the "new day has arrived" message break anything or was it just poorly timed?

You must have been very unlucky to encounter that tower softlock :p, that's now fixed as well as the scattered castle item losing and the coffing

IAmNotJohnSon

Jun 14, 2018
camper674 Thanks for letting me know about the bugs. Regarding that Suzanna conversation bug, at what point exactly did you teleport? The cutscene in question has no spot where the player is supposed to have control from the moment you enter her room to getting a quest from her.
The multitasking occured during the chokehold, right? Did you try to struggle or used any items in that round? Not sure if it's tied to speed option as it's the first time I have ever seen anyone report that.

Ceren's first fight is supposed to be winnable, but losing is fine too.

The Legionnaire orgy choices are greyed out due to mistake on my part but are still selectable and working. Thanks for pointing this out though as I've managed to find some other issues with some of the scenes.

Noemi stomping around is fine as long as she doesn't attack you during the conversation, she is a giantess after all hear her stomping around makes sense.

Did the "new day has arrived" message break anything or was it just poorly timed?

You must have been very unlucky to encounter that tower softlock :p, that's now fixed as well as the scattered castle item losing and the coffing
You my favorite dev ong
Keep doing what you doing

Reactions: Necropanzer

camper674

Jan 30, 2018
So, i went and tested the suzane conversation bug, and it appears that once you trigger the "omg she has tattoo" thing, the game waits one day and then prepares them outside. the thing is, you may not be at your bedroom when the "one day" mark passes.
In the first encounter of this bug, I probably got waaay sidetracked by slimes, this time around I just lollygaged at the beach and let the time run. Once the morning hits, use the stone to Either: Teleport to your bedroom to continue as intended, or teleport to your house and you'll be beside yourself... literally. I have a save file prepared after rigorous testing with a save on the beach just before the incident if you want

during the recreation of this bug, i encountered another.
for some reason, when I died to legion, and got teleported to the dimensional rift, went to check the status of the suzanne bug, this was before checking on her for tattoos, so I went to the bedroom, and got the "I should check on her" message, and as soon as the player left the room, I got GAME OVER (the generic rpgmaker one)
I was since then unable to recreate this bug,

to answer previous questions: Multitasking occured after struggling.

the new day arrived bug left me with no control over anything, hard reset required. sorry for not clarifying

and to Noemi stomping: sure, but she increases her tempo when chasing you, thus it is entirely possible to wait in the conversation (as the time passes by, judging by the stomping and torch going out mid-convo) and as soon as you hear the stomping, exit to get ambushed by her patiently standing next to you.

it is also possible to surrender to the enemies, enjoy your favorite animations, and if you still have enough life left, strong poison/bomb/whatever them to win the fight. I would like to point out that this is not only a possible bug, but also a warcrime.

funny thing

speeding up the rpgmaker game (by pressing 1-9 on the top row of keyboard) seems to increase the speed of the game internally, meaning it shouldn't have any side effects on the game, except for time running faster.
This also means it is possible to speed up loading of the game by pressing 9 during the preload without any side-effects :)

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
camper674
Okay, I have managed to found why that bug with the sprite happens and fixed it. However the game over bug is something totally new, never heard of anything like this happen. By saying you were unable to recreate the bug you meant the game over one right?

Did you manage to struggle successfully or did you fail before that multitasking bug?

Good to know about the new day message, I'll have to temporarily disable that message until I find a solution to this problem.

I have restricted Noemi's pathing so she won't enter the room with the cell or the corridor before it. However, she still can wait for you in the room north of the cell.

I know about the items during the surrender. I was thinking of doing something about using items while surrendering, while I don't want players to be able to win the battle when after using it, I have heard positive feedback about being able to heal with items during this state. Right now it'll stay as it is, but it's on my radar regardless.

Thanks for the swift response, because of it all of the issues you've mentioned that I have managed to fix will be included in the patch which I'll hopefully be releasing today.

camper674

Jan 30, 2018
I was unable to recreate the sudden game over bug yes. The multitasking was persistent throught the battle so I am unaware if the first one was succesful struggle or not, I'll have to check it once I have time (or I'll check it after your patch)

an idea came to me about the new day has come message. it is the message itself that was so badly timed that it stopped me from doing anything. So, two immediate solutions present themselves: Use sound effect instead, that shouldn't interrupt the message bar already on the screen. Second solution is a little more difficult but would also solve some of the future bugs about pathing like noemi's.

Pause the ingame time counter whenever there is conversation or choice on the screen. That way, this bug will no longer be able to appear, and things happening in-time in the background will not happen during the paused conversation.

That's all I have for you today. Looking forward to your game.

edit: an idea popped into my mind right after I posted this: If you want to be able to heal with items and stop players from killing the demon. You can do the same thing as with the very first prologue enemy in game. That is, lowering the HP of the prologue demon does not end the fight, meaning there must be a flag/variable to it ending with only player being defeated (I tested rigorously, you know) How about adding this flag/variable to every enemy on screen after pressing surrender? That way they will be invincible after player gives up, and even if it applies flags to the current enemies on screen, the death of newcomers will not end the fight (Legion reproduction) as there will be at least one invincible enemy on screen. Thus the warcrime is partially averted and geneva conventions are somewhat upheld :p

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
camper674 Yeah, stopping the time during conversations and choices is something I have considered since I already stop the time during cutscenes. However, it's time consuming so for now the message will be disabled.
As for the surrender solution the flag idea on the enemies is brilliant. I've implemented it and it works as intended. Big thanks!

test22250

Jul 19, 2020
test22250
Thanks for the bug report.
When it comes to Ceren's action on the island, I know of this issue however I still haven't wrapped my head around what might be causing this. Was the deadman's sword an item or was it a weapon? How did you manage to win with Ceren during that training fight? Was it with items? This could potentially bug Ceren fight in the future. Do you recall the cases of the bugginess in fight with Ceren?
I'm pretty sure there wasn't a tutorial for giant fights ever, however that's a good suggestion tbh.
The level increase after vore is a feature, when you die you get reset to 80% of your max level ever.
- The sword is a weapon. It remained in my inventory and is equippable.
- As for winning the fight, unfortunately I don't quite recall, but I don't think I used items excessively. What I think happened based on my very vague memory is that I just kept doing the normal loop (strong hit when possible, heal when needed, etc) and eventually broke through the shield. She kept doing the same stuff and never moved on to the part of the fight where she teaches you preparation.
- For giant fights, I could have sworn there was something emphasizing that you should just try to survive until they get bored, but maybe I was thinking of another game...

Thanks for the clarification on max level! If that's not documented anywhere, it would be good to explain it, because it's quite surprising :)

Finally, looking at the other thread, I think I also missed the Ceren slime quest, because I killed the giant slime early.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes