RPGM Domination Desire: Banished - Development thread

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
OK, so after playing the game for some time (I haven't unlocked all scenes, mind you), I really enjoy the game. For me, there's plenty of feet, pussy, and lesbian play. And for video game feet, they are sexy!

I find it a bit annoying to have to go searching around for a way to let the vampire girl out of her cell, and it seems that Noemi spawning is random. I had one run where I didn't run into her at all, but then on another I ran into her three times. On another note, once Noemi turns giantess, you can't finish the quest in the quest log for finding the "maid and vampire".

Also, is there a point to the genie? It seems like the game is broken to have her and at the same time almost impossible to beat without her since you have to go back to get your gear each time you die. It seems as if she was put in as more of a cheat than anything. I think it would be great to have to "fight" her if one were to use her too much. I get the premise of retrieving your gear when you die, but is there a point to that, as well, or is it there to make the game more difficult?
The genie will be replaced when the game gets more updates and some new characters appear that cover all the basic fuctions (like selling torches and lockpicks). I think the current objective is just what we have seen, let the players get what they want to enjoy the content there is.

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
OK, so after playing the game for some time (I haven't unlocked all scenes, mind you), I really enjoy the game. For me, there's plenty of feet, pussy, and lesbian play. And for video game feet, they are sexy!

I find it a bit annoying to have to go searching around for a way to let the vampire girl out of her cell, and it seems that Noemi spawning is random. I had one run where I didn't run into her at all, but then on another I ran into her three times. On another note, once Noemi turns giantess, you can't finish the quest in the quest log for finding the "maid and vampire".

Also, is there a point to the genie? It seems like the game is broken to have her and at the same time almost impossible to beat without her since you have to go back to get your gear each time you die. It seems as if she was put in as more of a cheat than anything. I think it would be great to have to "fight" her if one were to use her too much. I get the premise of retrieving your gear when you die, but is there a point to that, as well, or is it there to make the game more difficult?
In hindsight I should have added a message that would notify the player that some content is still unfinished. Noemi spawns are random intentionally, it makes her less predictable. You can't release the vampire yet.
The genie is a temporary npc that makes it easier to test the game or progress if you feel the game is too hard. She is supposed to be a substitute for npcs that are still to appear in the game. There will be npcs that train you, that you can trade with, where you can lower fetish values etc. I also put her in the game just in case my estimate of how hard the game might be for a normal player was not correct. And it wasn't so I'm glad she is there because she enables players to enjoy the game despite the difficulty. I originally wanted to remove her from the rift and make her own questline. However, I have received a lot of feedback from people that enjoy having her around. In the next version, I'm going to introduce an easy mode where the genie remains in the rift and some of game features are disabled. In normal mode the genie will be removed from the dimensional rift.

The content I have planned for the genie can be summarized with "be careful what you wish for". At first she will be a random event that can spawn in a dungeons and provide the player with what he desires (in a reasonable/balanced matter ofc). However your wishes might have some "unexpected consequences" and they won't be free of charge forever. She will be an enemy too, but not from the start.

Loosing your items is there to make the game more difficult, it encourages the player to use the chest at home to leave unwanted gear. I think it is a nice tool to reduce the power of the player in other ways than his levels and it's something I want to play around with. In previous version of the game there were events that make you loose your items permanently however I removed them except for one.

I'm glad you enjoy the game and it's content. I spent a lot of time to polish the character designs so the feedback is greatly appreciated.

kalimir

Dec 17, 2020
The genie is a temporary npc that makes it easier to test the game or progress if you feel the game is too hard. She is supposed to be a substitute for npcs that are still to appear in the game. There will be npcs that train you, that you can trade with, where you can lower fetish values etc. I also put her in the game just in case my estimate of how hard the game might be for a normal player was not correct. And it wasn't so I'm glad she is there because she enables players to enjoy the game despite the difficulty. I originally wanted to remove her from the rift and make her own questline. However, I have received a lot of feedback from people that enjoy having her around. In the next version, I'm going to introduce an easy mode where the genie remains in the rift and some of game features are disabled. In normal mode the genie will be removed from the dimensional rift.

The content I have planned for the genie can be summarized with "be careful what you wish for". At first she will be a random event that can spawn in a dungeons and provide the player with what he desires (in a reasonable/balanced matter ofc). However your wishes might have some "unexpected consequences" and they won't be free of charge forever. She will be an enemy too, but not from the start.
I really like the genie - adds a certain amount of whimsy as well as some foreboding to the game.

Madara883

Nov 13, 2021
Hello everyone. Since it has been a couple of days since my last post. I think it's time for a progression update and a gameplay showcase.

Most of previous week's work went into bugfixing, polishing and content filter implementation which is finished for current batch of scenes in the game and needs testing. I've begun improving the gallery however it's very tedious, so it will probably take some time. Aside of that I've implemented a non-fight one scene for a certain vampire lady.

View attachment 1614389
Chantrea is a part of a "character focused" dungeon. What does that mean? It means that instead of having more non-individual enemy npcs like slimes, the dungeon has one or more unique characters with their own stats, equipment and side quests. The level is currently a single map with some quests and puzzles to solve.

When it comes to the gameplay showcase, I want to show you more of the first enemies appearing in the game, the Legion succubi and some interactions with this type of enemy. Let's say the player is exploring the dungeon and stumbles upon a room like this one.
View attachment 1614394
A single enemy can be reliably beaten with arousal level of 30%, if the player is careful of course. Currently, Legion succubi can have 3 forms: a normal one, a more powerful version and Legion mother. The standard Legion is a weak attacker/seducer enemy, the second version is similiar to the standard one, but has some debuffs skills. Legion mother is a support/healer enemy.
View attachment 1614400
This enemy turned out to be the second type of Legion which is capable of paralyzing the player with a spell and mount him. All Legion succubi have one objective: breeding.
View attachment 1614404
If the Legion enemy succeds in making the player cum she will use his energy to transform and then produce offspring.
View attachment 1614407
The newly spawned legion can do everything the one that spawned her could: suck, fuck, produce offspring etc. If the player gets paralyzed again in the company of multiple succubi they can assault him together.
View attachment 1614451
The supporting Legion can either piss on the players face, stomp on it or sit on it leading to a scene, however let's fast forward a bit. If the player lets himself be assaulted a couple of times the situation can turn to one similiar to that below.
View attachment 1614462
Nothing stops the player from escaping right now however this time he gets defeated. As a result he has lost some of his levels and everything he had on him exculding key items. However not all is lost because his items are there where he left them, in that room he has lost.
View attachment 1614467
As you can see, all spawned Legion in battle were spawned as additional enemies in that room making the task of retrieving his items back a lot harder. If the player had escaped the enemies they would have spawned near him and chase him.

That's all for the gameplay showcase. I hope you liked it. I'm happy to see some feedback from you guys. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
i can't escape from legion succubi 5 hours and i can't...

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
i can't escape from legion succubi 5 hours and i can't...
I assume you are speaking about the 5vs1 Legion fight, yes? If so, here the solution for that fight:
Loot all the items you can. That room has preset items and randomized ones, however the gauntlet is designed to be beatable even when RNGesus cucks you hard. Save your resources and try to not get drained on first three fights. Try to finish the third fight with 30 AP or more. When the game prompts you to save, use that time to use the Focus skill, heal up and use the regeneration potion. The first thing you do in the fight is throwing the bomb after that you try to finish most Legion you can. If any of them drains you and transforms, use the holy cross on her. You can still get defeated when loosing too much seduction checks though.

You can also use the help of the genie in the lamp in the Dimensional Rift is you think the game is still too difficult to proceed further.

Madara883

Nov 13, 2021
I assume you are speaking about the 5vs1 Legion fight, yes? If so, here the solution for that fight:
Loot all the items you can. That room has preset items and randomized ones, however the gauntlet is designed to be beatable even when RNGesus cucks you hard. Save your resources and try to not get drained on first three fights. Try to finish the third fight with 30 AP or more. When the game prompts you to save, use that time to use the Focus skill, heal up and use the regeneration potion. The first thing you do in the fight is throwing the bomb after that you try to finish most Legion you can. If any of them drains you and transforms, use the holy cross on her. You can still get defeated when loosing too much seduction checks though.

You can also use the help of the genie in the lamp in the Dimensional Rift is you think the game is still too difficult to proceed further.
thank you very much <3

Madara883

Nov 13, 2021
if instead of "game over" there would be some kind of closure in some dungeon and debuffs of the hero as a result.
I think it would be nice to improve the game

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
if instead of "game over" there would be some kind of closure in some dungeon and debuffs of the hero as a result.
I think it would be nice to improve the game
I was thinking of something similiar since I got a lot of feedback regarding this fight's difficulty. I thought on changing it so loosing wouldn't trigger a game over and would trigger an additional scene instead. I think giving the player additional debuffs after loosing would be too much of a punishment in addition to the lost levels.

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
Is there any guide for this game because I'm not able to see the journal option
No there isn't one as long as I'm aware. How is it possible you can see the journal? Does it appear in the menu? Are you using the latest version (2.12a)? Did you try creating a new save?

test22250

Jul 19, 2020
I played about as far as I think the current content goes. Just wanted to say this is fantastic so far! Some assorted thoughts:

- The content and graphics are great. Really like the variety in enemies and attacks. The Succubus Manipulatrix is a particular favorite of mine, pushes all the right buttons and lives up to her name :)

- Love having the weaknesses, and the overall temptation/resistance system. I'm sure this is on your list for future additions, but it would be nice to have some kind of numerical indicator for how likely I am to succeed on the temptation checks, and an easier way to see the current fetish scores outside of the hub area.

- The combat feels good overall. It's on the hard side, which I like, especially because it makes the items actually worth using (and it makes them feel scarce!) and adds an aspect of push-your-luck to exploring areas.

- The progression is a little confusing right now. It's hard to tell when you've finished/progressed an area because there's no messaging or other clues that you're done or anything has changed. For example, after beating the slime boss, is that it for that area? Even a short message or option to teleport back home would help.

- To each their own, but not being into giantess stuff myself, I found that the game was a little too dominated by that. IMO once giantess transformation happens, it kind of kills all the other fetish content. Couple that with most enemies having a transformation, and it being permanent (for the rest of the fight), and it feels a little excessive to me. Of course, it's your game and there are gameplay aspects to this too, but I would be happy to see something like making the transformation temporary, or having a way to cut down on it a little bit.

- I found the randomization of rubble mechanic very unintuitive (only discovered it from reading this thread). In general I love the idea of exploration and doing "runs" for loot/exp/whatever, but IMO that's best executed by randomized dungeons (either fully auto generated, or randomizing which layout you get from a fixed list), not by randomizing small parts of fixed areas.

- The scarcity of torches and lockpicks was a little frustrating.

- There seems to be some bugginess with some of the animated attacks, where the enemy model will flicker/disappear every frame. This seems to happen consistently with the Succubus Manipulatrix feet animation.

- Is there a way to skip/fast-forward the animations in combat? Nice as they are, sometimes it does get a bit repetitive. I saw there is something I can toggle in the top left during combat (some kind of music icon?) but I have no idea what it does.

Thank you for your hard work on this so far! I'll be very interested to follow the progress here.

Civilincubus

Aug 23, 2018
As an avid femdom game enthusiast, I gotta say your creation surprised me by how good it was! I did not expect the robust set of fetishes that most creators skip over in favor of mainstream 'vanilla' femdom. Thank you for staying true to your muse! I look forward to the next update and the bug-fixes.

P.S. Looking forward to what I assume was bugged moving that caused unremovable health drain.

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
As an avid femdom game enthusiast, I gotta say your creation surprised me by how good it was! I did not expect the robust set of fetishes that most creators skip over in favor of mainstream 'vanilla' femdom. Thank you for staying true to your muse! I look forward to the next update and the bug-fixes.

P.S. Looking forward to what I assume was bugged moving that caused unremovable health drain.
You might want to check your equipment for items that have Berserker affix. These cause you to loose health while boosting your offensive stats. The on map effect was an oversight and the effect will be changed in the next update.

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes