A KuhliLoach

Oct 17, 2021
hopefully the rename mod get's updated while i understand that's his name i prefer self inserting into stories haha. i Do look forward to playing this when it is though seems right up my Alley

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
hopefully the rename mod get's updated while i understand that's his name i prefer self inserting into stories haha. i Do look forward to playing this when it is though seems right up my Alley
Just use URM.
Use the renamer to change Daine to whatever you want, use the text replacer to change daine (lower case is important) to whatever you want while turning case insensitive on, then change Da~ine to whatever you want. Not sure if there's any other variations off the top of my head but that'll cover just about everything.
Rename menu should look like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: A KuhliLoach

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
When i saw the "Gem inside the body" thing and the Organisation i thought the game would be into something more fantastic.
But no, it's just a rant of an mentally ill character who does nothing at all and has no story development at all. Nothing that should be important was explained to the player until now.

Reactions: Scruffles DEV

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
When i saw the "Gem inside the body" thing and the Organisation i thought the game would be into something more fantastic.
But no, it's just a rant of an mentally ill character who does nothing at all and has no story development at all. Nothing that should be important was explained to the player until now.
Daine certainly is mentally ill! It's his story after all, and it's a story of internal struggle and recovery/ruin with a wider story unfolding around him and his narrow view of the world.

If it helps any though, all Main Events in the game are Organisation/weird stuff-related (mostly told by his point of view), whereas all Character Events are about interpersonal growth (though just as important) adjacent to the Main Events.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheMagicalGurl

Doing just fine.
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2023
Daine certainly is mentally ill! It's his story after all, and it's a story of internal struggle and recovery/ruin with a wider story unfolding around him and his narrow view of the world.

If it helps any though, all Main Events in the game are Organisation/weird stuff-related (mostly told by his point of view), whereas all Character Events are about interpersonal growth (though just as important) adjacent to the Main Events.
Requiem for a Hentai. :cool:

ProxyOne21

Sep 1, 2022
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/manualtracks.rpy", line 5, in script
    init python:
  File "game/manualtracks.rpy", line 7, in <module>
    import ost
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/private/var/folders/jz/ctq9924158jg3yrz2s0142980000gn/T/AppTranslocation/7B4DB55A-81BA-4ECF-87A2-4729360674A5/d/Detached.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/track/covers'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    init python:
  File "/private/var/folders/jz/ctq9924158jg3yrz2s0142980000gn/T/AppTranslocation/7B4DB55A-81BA-4ECF-87A2-4729360674A5/d/Detached.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/private/var/folders/jz/ctq9924158jg3yrz2s0142980000gn/T/AppTranslocation/7B4DB55A-81BA-4ECF-87A2-4729360674A5/d/Detached.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    import ost
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1007, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 986, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 664, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 627, in _load_backward_compatible
  File "/private/var/folders/jz/ctq9924158jg3yrz2s0142980000gn/T/AppTranslocation/7B4DB55A-81BA-4ECF-87A2-4729360674A5/d/Detached.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loader.py", line 1020, in load_module
    exec(code, mod.__dict__) # type: ignore
  File "python-packages/ost.py", line 660, in <module>
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/private/var/folders/jz/ctq9924158jg3yrz2s0142980000gn/T/AppTranslocation/7B4DB55A-81BA-4ECF-87A2-4729360674A5/d/Detached.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/track/covers'

macOS-14.2.1-arm64-arm-64bit arm64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
detached 0.8.0
Sat Jan 13 00:25:07 2024

This is what I get on launch for the Mac version. I tried downloading it from here, Itch and the compressed version. All the same result.

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
Code:

While running game code:
    init python:
    import ost

Full traceback:
    init python:
  File "/private/var/folders/jz/ctq9924158jg3yrz2s0142980000gn/T/AppTranslocation/7B4DB55A-81BA-4ECF-87A2-4729360674A5/d/Detached.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
  File "/private/var/folders/jz/ctq9924158jg3yrz2s0142980000gn/T/AppTranslocation/7B4DB55A-81BA-4ECF-87A2-4729360674A5/d/Detached.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    import ost
  File "/private/var/folders/jz/ctq9924158jg3yrz2s0142980000gn/T/AppTranslocation/7B4DB55A-81BA-4ECF-87A2-4729360674A5/d/Detached.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loader.py", line 1020, in load_module

Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
detached 0.8.0

This is what I get on launch for the Mac version. I tried downloading it from here, Itch and the compressed version. All the same result.
I don't have a Mac myself, but I will look into this ASAP.

Thanks for reporting!

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
Code:

While running game code:
    init python:
    import ost

Full traceback:
    init python:
    import ost

Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
detached 0.8.0

Alright, so I checked in with another Mac user in my Discord to try and troubleshoot this for you. They got it running just fine, but they're running Mac OS 12.7.2 so the issue might not be applicable to them.

It was suggested that you should try to move the ZIP to a different location, the extract the game files, then launch it there. Something to do with a security feature on Macs called Translocation. Messing with file locations once they've been launched and breaking a virtual file path that's become fixed upon initial launch.

I'll also check in with some other folks to see what we can do to fix this in the meantime.

Last edited:

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
I have to ask, for my own sanity beforehand, how much "sandbox" is there?
Do I have to deal with infinite clicks to get to one specific room?
Do I need to be in a specific place, on some specific and arbitrary day, for no reason other than using the time mechanic?
Are there 12 skills I have to maintain for no other reason than they were fun to put in the game?
Or is it closer to the semi-decent "Click which girl you want to further the linear plot with"?

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
I have to ask, for my own sanity beforehand, how much "sandbox" is there?
Do I have to deal with infinite clicks to get to one specific room?
Do I need to be in a specific place, on some specific and arbitrary day, for no reason other than using the time mechanic?
Are there 12 skills I have to maintain for no other reason than they were fun to put in the game?
Or is it closer to the semi-decent "Click which girl you want to further the linear plot with"?
It's more of a semi-sandbox. No sandbox UI, just choices to choose from (I am planning an overlay that will show which girls have events available on a day you're on, I just need to figure out how as I am very much a noob at coding).

7 day week each with a morning, noon, and night.

screenshot0141.png

Main Events play automatically on a specific day when the requirements are met.Character events do require you to do a specific thing, though it's either on a weekday or a weekend, and very rarely on a specific day. That said, in the character event screens, I have various hints and locations listed to ease up on the sandbox fatigue, and I like to think that I'm very generous with affection increases to limit the amount of necessary grinding to progress. Any character event title that doesn't say what time of the week the event is available means that it plays automatically after another event.

screenshot0119.png

No player skills or stats, though characters do have affection and other stats. Affection is the main stat for progression, everything is planned to effect other things.

screenshot0142.png

As of 0.8.0, there are currently 6 lewd events, and 2 repeatable generic lewds (with another one to be added soon).

Please note: All of the love interests are important to the overall story and will need to be interacted with for story progression, but choices made, when you do certain events, whether or not you choose to progress with a lewd (when it's optional) may all have an effect on the overall story. For example, minor/major dialogue changes, splits in events after a choice, consequences down the line ('good' or 'bad'), etc. Also, Detached is very story heavy and the goal isn't the lewds.

Main Events progress the overall story, and Character Events progress individual interpersonal relationships adjacent to the Main Events.

I hope this helps, and even if you choose not to play, I appreciate that you showed some interest. :)

Last edited:

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
It's more of a semi-sandbox. No sandbox UI, just choices to choose from (I am planning an overlay that will show which girls have events available on a day you're on, I just need to figure out how as I am very much a noob at coding).

7 day week each with a morning, noon, and night.

View attachment 3261197

Main Events play automatically on a specific day when the requirements are met.Character events do require you to do a specific thing, though it's either on a weekday or a weekend, and very rarely on a specific day. That said, in the character event screens, I have various hints and locations listed to ease up on the sandbox fatigue, and I like to think that I'm very generous with affection increases to limit the amount of necessary grinding to progress. Any character event title that doesn't say what time of the week the event is available means that it plays automatically after another event.

View attachment 3261153

No skills or stats.

As of 0.8.0, there are currently 6 lewd events, and 2 repeatable generic lewds (with another one to be added soon).

Please note: All of the love interests are important to the overall story and will need to be interacted with for story progression, but choices made, when you do certain events, whether or not you choose to progress with a lewd (when it's optional) may all have an effect on the overall story. For example, minor/major dialogue changes, splits in events after a choice, consequences down the line ('good' or 'bad'), etc.

I hope this helps, and even if you don't choose to play, I appreciate that you showed some interest. :)
So you took everything wrong(hopefully) with games like lessons in love and the like, made it a bit better, with plans to make it more friendly in the future. That is all promising.
I do hope this isn't about MC being a teacher that grooms his more than likely underage students like those terrible games do.
I honestly don't care how many lewds there are in a game as long as the writing is good, or at least not trash, so if anything, you won't end up liking me if your writing is grating lol.

As for the UI, if you have the necessary variables to know a day has events for a girl, it could be as simple as:
Python:
screen events_or_whatever:

hbox:
        for girl in list_of_girls:

if girl.has_event:
                add girl.event_icon
init python:
    config.overlay_screens.append("events_or_whatever")
Obviously, I have no idea how your project is structured, but all you need is an if statement based on a given event to show an image, and overlay_screens are always on screen so you don't need to show/hide it all the time. But I also understand you might not want it there, so an intermediary screen to show/hide it might be better. Dealers choice, really.

I will also add that you should try to move away from default UI sooner rather than later just to give the whole project it's own identity. I get UI design isn't simple, but it feels like the renpy equivalent of saying "Oh... It's a Unity game." If you catch my drift.

Either way, best of luck moving forward. I'll check this out when I have time.

gcjellyfish

Dec 14, 2019
tried the public 0.8 build but I think my playthrough is bugged or something. Cannot get the Anne event silverfish to trigger. I did purlieu which is now crossed out ( but still the text is red). Silverfish is red but not crossed out. And there's nothing in the hints to suggest what to do to trigger it or what prerequisites have not been met. Have 60 affection with Ann so that's not the problem. Does it depend on one of the vents for a different girl?

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
tried the public 0.8 build but I think my playthrough is bugged or something. Cannot get the Anne event silverfish to trigger. I did purlieu which is now crossed out ( but still the text is red). Silverfish is red but not crossed out. And there's nothing in the hints to suggest what to do to trigger it or what prerequisites have not been met. Have 60 affection with Ann so that's not the problem. Does it depend on one of the vents for a different girl?
Silverfish will play automatically following another event through natural progression on the Main Events.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
Detached [v0.9.1] [Scruffles] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.
Ren'Py/Python version changed, read the Spoiler before installing!

Win/Linux: v0.8.0 -> v0.9.1
[820 MB]
- - -

Mac: v0.8.0 -> v0.9.1 [823 MB]
- - -

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.

Last edited:

Paarl

Dec 25, 2019
A way to change Daine's name, if anyone wants it.

Open the file, edit the 'namechange' s to your desired name, and drop it into the game folder.

22nd Jan '24 - "Updated" to v0.8
  • Technically there are no changes to the file, because no new instances of Daine's name have sprouted up that I could find
Hero

• Red Heart
Reactions: crowbar214
3.50 star(s) 15 Votes