Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
Don't think it matters too much but in the latest update Hide-and-Seek happened before The Fear of Being Left Out when the main events log says Fear is supposed to happen first
Thank you for noticing that. Thankfully the play order of those two events isn't particularly important, but I'll definitely look into it for 0.8.0!

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
Hi,
Your VN looks interesting but I haven't tried it yet because I have been waiting for your future tags to be listed.
A lot of developers throw in unexpected fetishes that ruin Li's or the entire game for some of us, so we have learned to ask.
So far all the tags look pretty Vanilla except for the Exhibitionism and Sleep Sex. Are any of these optional?
And what about other non-vanilla fetishes like Lesbian, NTR, Group sex, Female Domination, etc.
Do you intend to include any of these and will they be :
optional, as in the player decides whether they happen,
skippable, the MC doesn't see it but it still happens or
Forced and unavoidable?
I can confirm that Exhibitionist is mandatory for story progression, but Sleep Sex is optional (though I only added it in as tag as a technicality since it is only shown for a very brief moment following the meat and potatoes of the actual more vanilla chunk of the lewd event it's in).

As per the tag list on F95, here's some of the planned and possible future tags:

Future Planned Tags: Anal Sex, Ahegao, BDSM, Footjob, Group Sex, Groping, Handjob, Incest (hard unavoidable), Interracial, Lesbian, Masturbation, Sexual Harassment, Sex Toys, Spanking, Teasing, Cheating***

Possible Future Tags: Blackmail, Corruption, Drugs, Futa/Trans, Female Domination, Humiliation, Male Domination, Pregnancy, Prostitution, Rape, Stripping, Voyeurism

***Cheating note: MC doesn't get cheated on, MC is a self-absorbed prick and doesn't mind wrecking a home or two because he decided that he wanted to do some forbidden cave diving.

Also, I can promise that NTR is not currently in, and will never be in, Detached. Daine is not a cuck. He's too much of a selfish dickhead to allow that to happen. He also has the power of anime and God on his side, effectively giving him the ultimate plot armour: No fuckin' cuckoldry for our favourite douchebag with the beard.

As if I'd cause him more trauma and emotional turmoil anyway. Have you seen his beard? He has to live with that because I designed him to like it.

As for what future tags will and will not be skippable, I can't really comment on. It really depends on it when I get to writing those parts.

Please note that Detached touches on some uncomfortable topics, and I won't be shy about making some of those uncomfortable things be integral to the progression of the story. Detached isn't a fetish game, and is first and foremost about the story. The sexy good times are just a (questionably) happy bonus.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out!

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
I, like I said, like to play immersively, so knowing beforehand that I'm playing as the entity influencing the MC and not the MC makes the experience much less rewarding. What I'm saying is that I can't play like I'm the MC because that's not the case, so what really is happening is that I'm seeing another guy's story through the eyes of the entity that's influencing him, and so for what you say, there aren't even many hints about what he does or thinks.

In my case, being able to change the name of the MC is not something that interests me: I always use the default one, and if there is none, I use Asdf as the name.
Absolutely fair! I getcha. I completely understand the want for an immersive experience, and that Detached, as describes, is a bad choice for that. People want to be/play the main character.

Just a little note on the story telling though (I'm not trying to convince you to play, I just wanna explain the thought process a bit); despite the player being the 'MC' influencing the MC, the story is narrated entirely by the point of view of Daine (aside from the occasional and rare input by a secondary narrator (me), which is differentiated by italicized text). There are points of story that are told without Daine in the picture for world and story building, though they are not particularly common and fairly brief in their presence. That said, there is one event entirely without him present, and a couple in the making for the next update.

Detached is all about the story, after all, and everything else comes second.

Thank you for your input though, I really appreciate it!

Prince Vevit

Jul 5, 2021
Despite initially shying away from playing due to Daine's Unique appearance, and the large download size, I'm very happy to have played this and I'm looking forward to more. I definitely have a lot to say about the game.

A few minor gripes that ultimately don't take away from the experience in any meaningful way:
  • A lot of clothes/texture clipping. Surely in part a problem with koikatsu, but enough of an issue to be noticeable early on, taking me mentally out of serious scenes. I don't know if it was because I was more heavily invested in the characters and story, but I did notice it less the further in I got.
  • Using the spelling "Paycheque" instead of "Paycheck" hurts my poor little idiot American eyes.
  • I'm sure it's supposed to be pronounced "Dane" but I sure did keep reading his name as "Dianne"
  • There was a bug in my playthrough where a main?/Sam event played particularly early. The event where she hides out at Daine's Place, going through his computer. It mentioned how character's looked before I met those characters, and it mentioned Ishika before I knew about her, an unfortunate spoiler. I also met Zeke, and learned his name early. The event did play out a more appropriate time much later, so I don't know if its unfortunately being flagged twice or what.

Outside of that, I really loved Detached. The writing is good, and I can see a hell of a lot of potential in it. The creator is doing a fantastic job of building up the characters and world, and leaving trails of intrigue that seem like they are going to connect together in the future. The art is also pretty damn good for koikatsu, the creator uses unique body proportions I haven't seen before, which give it a unique feel over other games using similar models. Everyone looks damn good, no awkward alien faces we often see in koikatsu use. Perhaps sometimes, people have too small of heads, or muscles can be strangely rendered, but overall, its genuine quality. The backgrounds in particular are pretty nice, with often humorous and interesting to look at posters or urban sprawl and background events to view beyond the characters. My favorite was the crucified Ronald McDonald.

Detached is just a fun read, with a setting I haven't seen yet in its genre. Underground organization with ties to 'Code Geass' type Geass powers was not what I was expecting going in. It seems as though Detached will be going towards a Denpa genre type story, which was my main draw towards initially checking it out. All Denpa elements are sparse and can be hit or miss currently, but the creator has laid it out in a way where its obvious build up is happening, and I'm looking forward to it spiraling more out of control as the story progresses. The hyper realistic eyes and inverted colors make for some fun visuals, although I'm rarely ever caught off guard by them. While the fucked up spooky aspect is a little lacking, the build up of whatever it is going on with Daine, involving what is perhaps his "past lives" and his interactions with Sam, are fucking outstanding to behold, leaving me on the edge of my seat and wanting more. The extended flashback?/drem scene with Walker was a godamn chef's kiss and made me a true fan, its repeated ad nauseam at this point, but I cant wait to see more.

The characters and relationships, hoooo boy. They are pretty damn interesting and fun. They all feel unique, and while some common tropes and character types are used, they are used in new and intriguing ways, so you don't feel like "I've seen this done before". For example, I've seen hardened, distant mature women characters before, but Detached managed the impressive feat of making me want to fuck this one. :sneaky: In regards to fucking, unlike a lot of adult game protagonists, Daine doesn't seem too interested in sex. All things considered, as of current build, Daine seems to be a perfectly enjoyable MC, without many faults.What faults he does have serve the story and characterization well. He is lovably aloof and witty, and his interactions with others feel natural. Which is absolutely fucking fantastic with how the game seems to be presenting his interpersonal conflict. There's obviously something wrong with Daine, and whatever that thing is, its incredibly Horny. So far, all intimate scenes are done through rape coercion, blackouts, or the omnipresent player's direct choices. It's too early to say if this is a meta narrative aimed at the people who play adult games and their immoral choices and horny brain rot; or perhaps just the whim of a cruel, horny god or other dimensional magical force in-universe, but I am HERE for it. This style of sexual appetite being the result of outside forces, and not Daine Directly (unless directed by the player) has sooooo much potential to explore the repercussions of choices WE as the player make, and all the bad fucked up feelings that come with them.

A bit self indulgently, Ill talk about the characters, some unmarked spoilers here:

• Anne is cool. Plays an important story role, and I fucking love her anti-capitalist vibe (and the game's same vibe for that matter), plus who doesnt love a muscle girl. But uh, she straight up rapes Daine. Multiple Times. Rather, its "magically" induced coercion, but it left a bad taste in my mouth, which, for this type of game, having something leave a bad taste in your mouth is a good thing.
  • Bishop is amazing (the previously mentioned hardened, distant, mature woman). Her interactions with her ward feel so natural, and gives a lot of insight into why Daine is the way he is. She is 2nd best girl, despite possibly statutory raping the young man she was charged with protecting, but hey, it comes with the game genre. Theres not enough content with her, and I'm dying to see where this leads. Please let Daine bang his adoptive mom.
  • Madison is the quiet shy girl, who is secretely kind of into sexual stuff. We have seen it done before, but YO THIS ONE IS IN LEBANESE WITH ANOTHER GIRL. It's self indulgent, and its gonna make me feel like an absolute monster since Madison is so overwhelmingly sweet, and her relationship seems strong and healthy, but Netori is an underappreciated genre, and I cant wait to see the cheating eventually happen. Sorry Ishika...
  • Sam is an intersting one.Could she be Daine's mother? Another soul placed in Daine's mother's body? Irregardless, she is one of the most intriguing of the entire cast, with tons of mystery behind her. Even without the mystery, she has a fantastic personality and interactions with her are always fun. Please let Daine bang the girl who may or may not be his Mom, but who most assuredly looks exactly like his dead Mom.
  • Rose is okay, not a big fan of her as of yet though. She has some sort of succubus type power thing going on, that she doesn't seem to be able to control without the help of medication. I couldn't find it in me to care about her 'beef' with certain other members. She is very aesthetically pleasing however, very pleasant design.
  • Lupe is the best girl. Love this bitch. The heart of the playthrough. All her interactions with Daine are golden. She is a good girl and nothing bad should ever happen to her. I hope she never stops being a bitch, and I do love seeing her open up more and relax a little. Plus, she is drop dead gorgeous. PLUS PLUS she is equipped with ballistics, holy shiiit. I can go on.
  • Hanako really grew on me. She has a 'Super (2010)' Film type thing going, and it really adds to her character. It looks like she might get some yandere tendancies later maybeeee, but for the most part she is extremely loyal and sweet. Her feelings towards Daine bring a level of discomfort though, being only 18, while Daine seems to be... 24? ish? Scott pilgrim had to learn the lesson that its frowned upon by society to date a highschooler and Daine might be in for similar lesson. You as a player get the choice to let Daine be that reprehensible scumbag, or be a morally good person. Making that choice was honestly an incredibly strong point in my playthrough, since it plays directly upon the themes the game currently has going for it. If something bad happens to this naive, young, innocent girl, its YOUR FAULT as the player for making that choice, no one elses. You get to live with that guilt, live with the defilement, that depravity on your conciousness, but hey you saw a naked 18 year old girl, and everyone knows boobs & sex good right? Anyways, Hanako is a good character, excited to see more.
  • Jessica sucks. And that's a good thing. Good stories should have characters you don't like, characters that you enjoy disliking. And Jessica is that for me. Her personality just doesn't vibe with me, and she is often a lot smarter than she lets on. I theorize she might be Daine's second cousin. She is always a joy on screen, because of her presence and personality livening things up, and because she is the character im most conventionally attracted to. Seriously, she dresses better than anyone else in the cast, her makeup looks amazing, and I fucking love her bandana. Plus she enjoy Tarantino flicks, so you know she has good taste.
  • Audrey is fun. I really enjoy her personality and her approach to widowed life, the graveyard scene showed her character excellently, any man would be happy to have had a girl like her. Im excited to maybe see her daughter in future updates?
  • Zeke is the man. The legend. Honestly, he is too good for the cast. Divine specimen, and the best of Bros. Its a good thing the creator said theres gonna be no NTR because zeke is such a perfect soul that he would BE the MC in a heartbeat. The gods weapt tears of joy the day they created zeke.
  • John is probably the most important character. Pay attention to this one. He is the key to it all.

TLDR: Detached is good. Its a 5/5 Denpa Adult Visual Novel thats just really well written with a likeable cast and a whole lot of potential. If you are on the fence, and you're not a brainless coomer, go play this. Now. There's enough content to get you hooked, and get your mouth watering for more. You will get over Daine's ugly ass facial hair as you read, I promise.

Modhunter

Oct 28, 2022
Despite initially shying away from playing due to Daine's Unique appearance, and the large download size, I'm very happy to have played this and I'm looking forward to more. I definitely have a lot to say about the game.

A few minor gripes that ultimately don't take away from the experience in any meaningful way:
  • A lot of clothes/texture clipping. Surely in part a problem with koikatsu, but enough of an issue to be noticeable early on, taking me mentally out of serious scenes. I don't know if it was because I was more heavily invested in the characters and story, but I did notice it less the further in I got.
  • Using the spelling "Paycheque" instead of "Paycheck" hurts my poor little idiot American eyes.
  • I'm sure it's supposed to be pronounced "Dane" but I sure did keep reading his name as "Dianne"
  • There was a bug in my playthrough where a main?/Sam event played particularly early. The event where she hides out at Daine's Place, going through his computer. It mentioned how character's looked before I met those characters, and it mentioned Ishika before I knew about her, an unfortunate spoiler. I also met Zeke, and learned his name early. The event did play out a more appropriate time much later, so I don't know if its unfortunately being flagged twice or what.

Outside of that, I really loved Detached. The writing is good, and I can see a hell of a lot of potential in it. The creator is doing a fantastic job of building up the characters and world, and leaving trails of intrigue that seem like they are going to connect together in the future. The art is also pretty damn good for koikatsu, the creator uses unique body proportions I haven't seen before, which give it a unique feel over other games using similar models. Everyone looks damn good, no awkward alien faces we often see in koikatsu use. Perhaps sometimes, people have too small of heads, or muscles can be strangely rendered, but overall, its genuine quality. The backgrounds in particular are pretty nice, with often humorous and interesting to look at posters or urban sprawl and background events to view beyond the characters. My favorite was the crucified Ronald McDonald.

Detached is just a fun read, with a setting I haven't seen yet in its genre. Underground organization with ties to 'Code Geass' type Geass powers was not what I was expecting going in. It seems as though Detached will be going towards a Denpa genre type story, which was my main draw towards initially checking it out. All Denpa elements are sparse and can be hit or miss currently, but the creator has laid it out in a way where its obvious build up is happening, and I'm looking forward to it spiraling more out of control as the story progresses. The hyper realistic eyes and inverted colors make for some fun visuals, although I'm rarely ever caught off guard by them. While the fucked up spooky aspect is a little lacking, the build up of whatever it is going on with Daine, involving what is perhaps his "past lives" and his interactions with Sam, are fucking outstanding to behold, leaving me on the edge of my seat and wanting more. The extended flashback?/drem scene with Walker was a godamn chef's kiss and made me a true fan, its repeated ad nauseam at this point, but I cant wait to see more.

The characters and relationships, hoooo boy. They are pretty damn interesting and fun. They all feel unique, and while some common tropes and character types are used, they are used in new and intriguing ways, so you don't feel like "I've seen this done before". For example, I've seen hardened, distant mature women characters before, but Detached managed the impressive feat of making me want to fuck this one. :sneaky: In regards to fucking, unlike a lot of adult game protagonists, Daine doesn't seem too interested in sex. All things considered, as of current build, Daine seems to be a perfectly enjoyable MC, without many faults.What faults he does have serve the story and characterization well. He is lovably aloof and witty, and his interactions with others feel natural. Which is absolutely fucking fantastic with how the game seems to be presenting his interpersonal conflict. There's obviously something wrong with Daine, and whatever that thing is, its incredibly Horny. So far, all intimate scenes are done through rape coercion, blackouts, or the omnipresent player's direct choices. It's too early to say if this is a meta narrative aimed at the people who play adult games and their immoral choices and horny brain rot; or perhaps just the whim of a cruel, horny god or other dimensional magical force in-universe, but I am HERE for it. This style of sexual appetite being the result of outside forces, and not Daine Directly (unless directed by the player) has sooooo much potential to explore the repercussions of choices WE as the player make, and all the bad fucked up feelings that come with them.

A bit self indulgently, Ill talk about the characters, some unmarked spoilers here:

• Anne is cool. Plays an important story role, and I fucking love her anti-capitalist vibe (and the game's same vibe for that matter), plus who doesnt love a muscle girl. But uh, she straight up rapes Daine. Multiple Times. Rather, its "magically" induced coercion, but it left a bad taste in my mouth, which, for this type of game, having something leave a bad taste in your mouth is a good thing.
  • Bishop is amazing (the previously mentioned hardened, distant, mature woman). Her interactions with her ward feel so natural, and gives a lot of insight into why Daine is the way he is. She is 2nd best girl, despite possibly statutory raping the young man she was charged with protecting, but hey, it comes with the game genre. Theres not enough content with her, and I'm dying to see where this leads. Please let Daine bang his adoptive mom.
  • Madison is the quiet shy girl, who is secretely kind of into sexual stuff. We have seen it done before, but YO THIS ONE IS IN LEBANESE WITH ANOTHER GIRL. It's self indulgent, and its gonna make me feel like an absolute monster since Madison is so overwhelmingly sweet, and her relationship seems strong and healthy, but Netori is an underappreciated genre, and I cant wait to see the cheating eventually happen. Sorry Ishika...
  • Sam is an intersting one.Could she be Daine's mother? Another soul placed in Daine's mother's body? Irregardless, she is one of the most intriguing of the entire cast, with tons of mystery behind her. Even without the mystery, she has a fantastic personality and interactions with her are always fun. Please let Daine bang the girl who may or may not be his Mom, but who most assuredly looks exactly like his dead Mom.
  • Rose is okay, not a big fan of her as of yet though. She has some sort of succubus type power thing going on, that she doesn't seem to be able to control without the help of medication. I couldn't find it in me to care about her 'beef' with certain other members. She is very aesthetically pleasing however, very pleasant design.
  • Lupe is the best girl. Love this bitch. The heart of the playthrough. All her interactions with Daine are golden. She is a good girl and nothing bad should ever happen to her. I hope she never stops being a bitch, and I do love seeing her open up more and relax a little. Plus, she is drop dead gorgeous. PLUS PLUS she is equipped with ballistics, holy shiiit. I can go on.
  • Hanako really grew on me. She has a 'Super (2010)' Film type thing going, and it really adds to her character. It looks like she might get some yandere tendancies later maybeeee, but for the most part she is extremely loyal and sweet. Her feelings towards Daine bring a level of discomfort though, being only 18, while Daine seems to be... 24? ish? Scott pilgrim had to learn the lesson that its frowned upon by society to date a highschooler and Daine might be in for similar lesson. You as a player get the choice to let Daine be that reprehensible scumbag, or be a morally good person. Making that choice was honestly an incredibly strong point in my playthrough, since it plays directly upon the themes the game currently has going for it. If something bad happens to this naive, young, innocent girl, its YOUR FAULT as the player for making that choice, no one elses. You get to live with that guilt, live with the defilement, that depravity on your conciousness, but hey you saw a naked 18 year old girl, and everyone knows boobs & sex good right? Anyways, Hanako is a good character, excited to see more.
  • Jessica sucks. And that's a good thing. Good stories should have characters you don't like, characters that you enjoy disliking. And Jessica is that for me. Her personality just doesn't vibe with me, and she is often a lot smarter than she lets on. I theorize she might be Daine's second cousin. She is always a joy on screen, because of her presence and personality livening things up, and because she is the character im most conventionally attracted to. Seriously, she dresses better than anyone else in the cast, her makeup looks amazing, and I fucking love her bandana. Plus she enjoy Tarantino flicks, so you know she has good taste.
  • Audrey is fun. I really enjoy her personality and her approach to widowed life, the graveyard scene showed her character excellently, any man would be happy to have had a girl like her. Im excited to maybe see her daughter in future updates?
  • Zeke is the man. The legend. Honestly, he is too good for the cast. Divine specimen, and the best of Bros. Its a good thing the creator said theres gonna be no NTR because zeke is such a perfect soul that he would BE the MC in a heartbeat. The gods weapt tears of joy the day they created zeke.
  • John is probably the most important character. Pay attention to this one. He is the key to it all.

TLDR: Detached is good. Its a 5/5 Denpa Adult Visual Novel thats just really well written with a likeable cast and a whole lot of potential. If you are on the fence, and you're not a brainless coomer, go play this. Now. There's enough content to get you hooked, and get your mouth watering for more. You will get over Daine's ugly ass facial hair as you read, I promise.
While agree with you....getting there is like....
IBSANITY.jpg

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022

That... was amazing to read.

Thank you!

Reactions: ElukiaTV

lil boom toob

Sep 12, 2017
I've missed the last few updates, so I'm playing catch-up, but I do want to say one funny thing about the Daine-renamer is that I can't personally use it, not because I'm attached to his name or anything, but because of his dad's name.

There is an extra, personal shade of dissociation for me every time Nathan's name is mentioned, which, for this game in particular, is only a bonus, and I'm here for it.

• Haha
Reactions: Scruffles DEV
3.60 star(s) 16 Votes