• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It's like you said, at this point it's doing very little for the reputation of the site...well it's harming it if anything.
Some people have put forth some very good ideas that go unanswered.
1: when viewing latest releases, seeing if it's MTL. a tag for example - shot down
2: a special area for MTL games only - pending
3: not having MTL games on the site at all. They aren't in English and this site only allows English - shot down

I'm sure there's a few more suggestions that people have made, but nothing was done. I for one get annoyed because I have to click on the game before hitting the back button when I see MTL. That and the game is now "translated" so it's gonna be in jibberish for a very long time.
To be fair, specifically talking about the third idea, MTL, if done using an English translator, is still English. The problem is that it is severely broken English, which might as well not be. In this case, the translation itself wasn't the biggest issue, it was the fact that the process translated some of the code that had to remain in its original form to work properly, which is why we have the crashes like we do. Unfortunately, it did such a hack job that there's no way to repair it using the translated version, it has to be done from scratch using the untranslated version so that the code that had to be kept as is is still intact in the new translation.

dinurs

Mar 12, 2019
I been going through the game trying to fix the bugs, as well as (machine) translate the ui, it's properly better to wait for Silentce for a full working version but this should hopefully work better than the original for those who don't want to wait:

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I been going through the game trying to fix the bugs, as well as (machine) translate the ui, it's properly better to wait for Silentce for a full working version but this should hopefully work better than the original for those who don't want to wait:
Haven't looked yet myself but those UI elements you were translating, were they the untranslated ones and did you find them in any of the javascript files? Asking now so it saves me time looking later.

dinurs

Mar 12, 2019
Haven't looked yet myself but those UI elements you were translating, were they the untranslated ones and did you find them in any of the javascript files? Asking now so it saves me time looking later.
The ui is pretty much all pictures so all I did was unencrypt the pictures and edit them.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
The ui is pretty much all pictures so all I did was unencrypt the pictures and edit them.
Ah that was my second guess. Thanks I guess it will be time to pull out the old art skills and translate the images again. Just last time I did a RPGMV game it had the H stats in the Javascript and I never did find it. Images are much easier to deal with. Thank you.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
the problem is, the game now counts already as 'translated' . so when translators are looking on a list for games to translate, they wont even see this. unless they specifically look into it. or they are told by their patreons or whatever.

but then even if that happens and the game gets an actual translation, we ( f95) wont be able to see it. because a thread for this game already exists. and since this is MTL trash and is probably gonna get review bombed , the thread will be quietly burried. so when a mod edits the thread to put the actual translation in, most people will not even know. unless they surf through hundreds of pages.

could be easily prevented if 1. the flood of MTL trash stops. or 2. they made a sub forum where they put all the MTL games, so this forum here stays clean.
K3NJ1 Can we please at least try the games before actually uploading it to the site? Please.
Back then, at least I did in the first place before sharing stuff with everyone else in here and not sharing like there's no tomorrow. Lately all of this thread with games containing machine translated, are kinda ruining part of the reputation of this forum - from my point of view.

It really doesn't take that much to see if a game is machine translated only or edited correctly.
And I'm kinda getting fed up (like everyone else) of seeing such good titles around but poorly translated, by guys who just want to "try" and then leave as it is because they're unqualified like there's no tomorrow. If I wanted to play a machine translation not even edited, I would grab myself "Translator++" and did it for myself, instead of downloading it from here.

So you would prefer having shit tons of grammatical error, words that doesn't mean anything at all and so you can't even understand the context of the game itself as well as the sex scenes, rather than a decent translation? Or a decent machine translation edited? Suits yourself if you're fine with incomprehensible text, but 90% of the people in this thread and all of the machine ones, thinks that differently.
It's like you said, at this point it's doing very little for the reputation of the site...well it's harming it if anything.
Some people have put forth some very good ideas that go unanswered.
1: when viewing latest releases, seeing if it's MTL. a tag for example - shot down
2: a special area for MTL games only - pending
3: not having MTL games on the site at all. They aren't in English and this site only allows English - shot down

I'm sure there's a few more suggestions that people have made, but nothing was done. I for one get annoyed because I have to click on the game before hitting the back button when I see MTL. That and the game is now "translated" so it's gonna be in jibberish for a very long time.
Went looking for the thread where an MTL tag was suggested and rejected, and it's a quite simple post that doesn't mention most of these good points. There doesn't seem to be any rule against bumping the thread, so I've done just that. Please add on with anything else y'all want to mention, as this is a proposal for the site that deserves more consideration.

We should be grateful to Silentce for taking up the task of translating this one game properly, but it's not a systemic solution so many games won't be so lucky.

Reactions: Dyhart and alasad

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Please don't tempt me lol. When I see a comment like this it just makes me consider hiding the line somewhere in the game as an easter egg but I won't. (I don't want to test my luck you all have been through enough with this game :) )

The game is actually very short. the common events only has 430 entries and most are scripts and it is listed as like 2 hours of gameplay. With that being said I can understand your frustrations. I consider myself someone who is okay with Machine translations however with that being said I believe a game should work. A bad translation can be overlooked by some, a broken game can be overlooked by no one. Hopefully I can fix this game enough so people like yourself will be able to enjoy it and understand it well enough. I will not promise perfection or professional quality but I will promise a working game that will be understandable.
You really are too good for us degenerates. Also please do hide it. I'll find the salt hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: Silentce

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
You really are too good for us degenerates. Also please do hide it. I'll find the salt hilarious.
I already hid something in one of my other projects I am working on now. I will hides an Easter egg in this game too. I think that might be my calling card for now on lol.

but jokes aside work has begun. most of the stuff i am doing is easy thankfully. the hard stuff will begin soon I am sure. The text lines look especially fun to work with. I will try and knock this game out in a week or 2 because I want to challenge myself now.

Gonna have to decrypt the image folder and try and edit the images. That is the fun part.

Reactions: DLSmaster

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Try replacing these files in www/data
Is this just bug fixes or did you go through and fix the entire translation? I am asking because if this is already done by someone else I will stop the work I am doing and move onto something else. Can you please clarify what you have done with the files?

1.00 star(s) 2 Votes