3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
Look at their hand and all things. Yoou cannot make it in layers just so easily :)
I think you can actually, it might be worth looking into canvases if you are going to do more stuff like this.
I've only really done it by accident but I think the trick is to include an item in a canvas node list but set it's render visibility to false, it leaves a space where it would have been so you then put things back on top of each other without things blocking stuff behind them.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
I think you can actually, it might be worth looking into canvases if you are going to do more stuff like this.
I've only really done it by accident but I think the trick is to include an item in a canvas node list but set it's render visibility to false, it leaves a space where it would have been so you then put things back on top of each other without things blocking stuff behind them.
Yes as you sai it is possible, but it is not that easy. And on second rendering it in layers looks little worse at overal :) Because "hardlines" around characters and lighting etc.

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
It worked this time @Xavster Not sure if i turned HDRI off or not but i used the 1 light setup with an emissive surface.
Just not getting the "Butterfly" shading you speak off but regardless it turned out nice.
View attachment 245176
Nice render bro! Only one thing, maybe its the light setup or just me, but her right arm gives strange lineaments and looks like as it was broken.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just me being silly with textures again in the quest to pervert childhood icons...

See, I was building this house in Daz/unifying some set pieces into a single structure, and then I needed to make a scale check, and I remembered grabbing the van on the left a while back...

Then just for fun I photoshopped the van textures to make them 'more racy'...

Anyways, figured a few of you'd get a chuckle out of this at least!

Zairus

May 25, 2017
So it's time to anounce my game, please check my patreon, etc, ... Just joking guys, for some time i wanted to make a cover for my favourite book series, it's called Thraxax.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Yes as you sai it is possible, but it is not that easy. And on second rendering it in layers looks little worse at overal :) Because "hardlines" around characters and lighting etc.
Well what you did works and looks great, you're a braver man than I to be so ambitious.

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Nice render bro! Only one thing, maybe its the light setup or just me, but her right arm gives strange lineaments and looks like as it was broken.
Thanks. It could be the lighting. However i used a stephanie 8 pose and i am doubting if i used the genesis 8 version or not. I do see what you mean though. Hadn't noticed that before. I have added the original image (only resized it) its less obvious there. so it may actually be a combination of factors.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
It worked this time @Xavster Not sure if i turned HDRI off or not but i used the 1 light setup with an emissive surface.
Just not getting the "Butterfly" shading you speak off but regardless it turned out nice.
View attachment 245176
To achieve butterfly lighting, the emissive light pane needs to be from a steeper angle. That way the nose tip throws a shadow on the upper lip. Not sure whether the steeper angle will improve the image thought, looks good as it is.

rev2019

Jan 1, 2019
why do I feel like something is missing ????

I post it to have your opinion
add some wet skin effect because its a hot day right :)
its really easy

basically change these surface settings for the skin

• Glossy Layered Weight set to 1.0.
  • Glossy Reflectivity set to 0.9.
  • Glossy Roughness set to 0.4. This can be set lower if we want to increase the wet effect on skin. Setting it too low though, will make the skin look unrealistically shiny. Therefore, tweak it according to personal taste.
  • Top Coat Layering Mode set to Fresnel. Top Coat IOR set to 1.49 and Top Coat Thin Film IOR set to 1.4. Again, Top Coat Roughness can be adjusted according to taste. A lower Roughness value will increase shininess and a higher Roughness value will decrease shininess.
rendering times can go up

whats more missing?
a second caracter maybe :)
clearly someone is fucking her hard or she got something stucked up there?
but there is nothing there.
thats probably why she looks pasted into the scene

Reactions: jfredy78

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
A followup to the previous render I shared.

I reworked the textures a bit to make them more 'auto paint glossy', which ended up creating a 'jaggie' issue with my textures. The render below was after some trial and error with some shader and texture dial tweaks, and also dialing back the photoshop effects a bit (no thick black border, etc.). I'd normally use a paintbrush in post to 'correct' the jaggies on her calves, but I wanted to show the issue. The 'source' texture map doesn't have said jaggies (leg edges are smooth).

I don't see these sort of issues much at all - I can only think of one other time I saw something along these lines (the jaggie issue), but then that's the joy of working with Iray...

I should give a shout out to Lexbaird for his Hippie Van/Mystery Machine model, which you can download here:
!

Obviously, I changed the textures a bit to fit my theme here... yay Photoshop!

The level of detail he put into this van is rather impressive, especially for a free model. Some of the paid vehicle models I've worked with have less detail than this one. Note the hinges, the lights... with a bit of creative texture work, yeah this van lends itself well to other uses. BTW, the six doors (driver, passenger, 2 side, 2 rear) all open and close...

I did have to rework a few of the 'baseline model' textures for Iray using Iray shaders of course, and am particularly proud of the look I achieved with the headlights. My point is that, with a few well placed Iray shaders, well you can really make this model shine.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes