3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Oh, in addition to my post - always turn the camera's headlamp off. By default it is in auto mode and should "work" only if the lights are not enough. I don't know how DS decides the when the light is "enough" but in reality I forgot to turn those headlights off couple of times and the scene was overexposed.

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
I explicit tried to make the skin texture more visible, but i get what you mean. Not the texture is my problem, but more the color quantisation. The uploaded version is way more saturate and has more contrast than the original, whch results in orange/braun areas in the shadow. No smooth color transitions. Slightly gradiants in dark areas get completly lost.

Its a long time since i uploaded pictures as fan-art. Are their any suitable hosters for adult images, without or lossless compression?
None that I've found, the only place I know of that doesn't fuck up the contrast on my images is DeviantArt and you can't link images from there so far as I'm aware.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Oh, in addition to my post - always turn the camera's headlamp off. By default it is in auto mode and should "work" only if the lights are not enough. I don't know how DS decides the when the light is "enough" but in reality I forgot to turn those headlights off couple of times and the scene was overexposed.
When it's set to auto mode and the render settings are at default (the headlamp settings are unchanged in the render settings), they won't be used unless there is NO other light source in the scene. Btw ghost lights don't count as light sources (that's why they are called ghost lights^^).

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
None that I've found, the only place I know of that doesn't fuck up the contrast on my images is DeviantArt and you can't link images from there so far as I'm aware.
I'am sorry, i was wrong. There is nothing wrong with the image upload here. It's perfectly fine and uncompressed. The problem is the browser. I assume you use firefox aswell as me. It's a setting you can fix.
Enter "about:config" as url and press enter. Search for "gfx.color_management.mode", set the value to "0" and restart. This should fix the nasty compression behaviour :) The images look perfectly fine. Sorry i accused the forum for this :p

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Added more characters and attempted to see what the limits where for my PC is terms of quantity of characters. Following took about 3 minutes to start rendering (@7680 x 2160) and used 25GB RAM. Used a lens distortion to allow widescreen. Down sampled image below is 3840 x 1080 (750kb), so you may wish to download and view in image viewer.
Base.jpg

Note: There are no billboards in the above. Achieved via the use of scene optimizer to reduce the memory overhead of the texture maps.

PS: The stripper on the main stage looks green, because she is green. :p

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Added more characters and attempted to see what the limits where for my PC is terms of quantity of characters. Following took about 3 minutes to start rendering (@7680 x 2160) and used 25GB RAM. Used a lens distortion to allow widescreen. Down sampled image below is 3840 x 1080 (750kb), so you may wish to download and view in image viewer.
View attachment 244620

Note: There are no billboards in the above. Achieved via the use of scene optimizer to reduce the memory overhead of the texture maps.

3 Minutes? That's insane... What reduced the render-time so much? (Except graphic cards) Does the scene optimizer that much? Havn't really done much with the scene optimizer. I fear i lose details in reflections. How many and what light/emission sources are there? Is the texture-downsizing that important for iray?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
3 Minutes? That's insane... What reduced the render-time so much? (Except graphic cards) Does the scene optimizer that much? Havn't really done much with the scene optimizer. I fear i lose details in reflections. How many and what light/emission sources are there? Is the texture-downsizing that important for iray?
3 minutes was just to load up the textures and 3D geometry, such that rendering started. I rendered for 5 hours to achieve the above. Was getting about 1 iteration per minute at the high resolution used. Convergence was poor, however down-sampling blended out most of the fire flys.

Lighting is provided by 9 large emissive lights on the ceiling + 2 spotlights for each stripper pole.

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
I'am sorry, i was wrong. There is nothing wrong with the image upload here. It's perfectly fine and uncompressed. The problem is the browser. I assume you use firefox aswell as me. It's a setting you can fix.
Enter "about:config" as url and press enter. Search for "gfx.color_management.mode", set the value to "0" and restart. This should fix the nasty compression behaviour :) The images look perfectly fine. Sorry i accused the forum for this :p
...god damn...
I mean, it's not perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than it was, does lead me to question what deviant art is doing that things uploaded there look right either way.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Completed the 2nd episode of my Sci-fi series. Decided to change the series title, as the previous title sounded a little depressing. Don't worry, the next episode will be far more lewd.:p
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Episode 01 -

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
View attachment 244620

love the widescreen look it has a nostalgic film feeling akin to Blade Runner.

Reactions: Xavster
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes