3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
A littel test, a littel teasing.
View attachment 243958
(sadly the compression of direct uploaded pictures has a pretty strong negative effect in my opinion :/ )
It tends to do that.
It could well be a compression issue bit if not I'd suggest turning down the bump map a bit, skin takes on a slightly leathery complexion when the textures become too visible.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
First time poster in this thread as since I started using Daz I honestly never had a render I thought would be good enough to put in here and there has been a lot of trial and error but I now think I have a handle on the basics so I thought I would post these two pics in Monochrome and colour, until I did the ones in monochrome I never really understood why photographers took pictures in B and W but now I understand as it gives the character a more life like look. Any hints tips or tricks to improve them and criticism is most welcome Monochrome 2.png Monochrome 2 (colour).png

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
It tends to do that.
It could well be a compression issue bit if not I'd suggest turning down the bump map a bit, skin takes on a slightly leathery complexion when the textures become too visible.
I explicit tried to make the skin texture more visible, but i get what you mean. Not the texture is my problem, but more the color quantisation. The uploaded version is way more saturate and has more contrast than the original, whch results in orange/braun areas in the shadow. No smooth color transitions. Slightly gradiants in dark areas get completly lost.

Its a long time since i uploaded pictures as fan-art. Are their any suitable hosters for adult images, without or lossless compression?

Innocent Lili

Feb 22, 2018
Hi everyone ! :D

I'm starting to think about doing a lewd game myself, a VN... with DAZ models... I know, very unoriginal, right ?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This character would be the MC. I want him to be enjoyable to both male players (who will play as him most of the time), and female players (who will get to see him quite a lot).
That's why I require your help, as your eyes are more objective and unbiased than mine when it comes to my own work. I'm always unsatisfied with what I create, so if I listen to myself, nothing is good enough for anything, as soon as it's from me. :cautious:

At some point, I might change his hairtyle by doing a new one from scratch myself, and was thinking of doing something in the style of what you can find in Final Fantasy / K-Pop / J-Pop / Visual Kei (google it if needed). Do you have an advice on this ? Do you feel like it would suit your tastes, or would it be a regression from your standpoint ? :unsure:

I hope you will help me improve as I share some of my progress, trials and errors, and I will strive to do my best and take your advices into account and offer as much quality as I can. :giggle:

MC_001a.png

• Do you find him handsome/attractive (especially if you're sexually attracted by males) ?
  • What do you like and dislike in his design ?
  • What could/should I improve ?
  • Would you like to play (as) this character ?
  • If you're a girl or attracted by men would you bang him ?

Note: at this point, I'm essentially speaking about the overall head shape. Hair might change, as well as textures and shaders, but I'd still be thankful if you gave me your advice on those points as well, as it would help me improve the character during the next steps too.

Thank you for your time and advice. :D(y)

PS: any constructive comment on my english skills is welcome as well, as I'm not a native speaker. I don't want to provide some broken engrish in any project.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018

I'm starting to think about doing a lewd game myself, a VN... with DAZ models... I know, very unoriginal, right ?

This character would be the MC. I want him to be enjoyable to both male players (who will play as him most of the time), and female players (who will get to see him quite a lot).
That's why I require your help, as your eyes are more objective and unbiased than mine when it comes to my own work. I'm always unsatisfied with what I create, so if I listen to myself, nothing is good enough for anything, as soon as it's from me. :cautious:

At some point, I might change his hairtyle by doing a new one from scratch myself, and was thinking of doing something in the style of what you can find in Final Fantasy / K-Pop / J-Pop / Visual Kei (google it if needed). Do you have an advice on this ? Do you feel like it would suit your tastes, or would it be a regression from your standpoint ? :unsure:

I hope you will help me improve as I share some of my progress, trials and errors, and I will strive to do my best and take your advices into account and offer as much quality as I can. :giggle:

View attachment 244201

• Do you find him handsome/attractive (especially if you're sexually attracted by males) ?

Note: at this point, I'm essentially speaking about the overall head shape. Hair might change, as well as textures and shaders, but I'd still be thankful if you gave me your advice on those points as well, as it would help me improve the character during the next steps too.

Thank you for your time and advice.:D(y)

PS: any constructive comment on my english skills is welcome as well, as I'm not a native speaker. I don't want to provide some broken engrish in any project.
I'm not girl and I'm not into guys but I think this guy looks like a typical robin hood like character. Would I like to play as him? That depends. I prefer not seeing the mc in general.
If this character design is what you want for your game, then there is nothing wrong with him.

Reactions: Trojaner

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017

View attachment 244201

What to say bro, i find your character cool and i wouldn't mind playing as him. I don't see any flaws or things i dont like in his design. Just one thing to say, he reminds me too much of Jeremy (the scout in Team Fortress 2), but don't worry thats not a bad thing, on the contrary it makes the character more enjoyable :LOL:.

Reactions: Krull

jfredy78

Jul 22, 2017

View attachment 244201

bonjour
je trouve ton concepts assez intéressant genre robin des bois des temps moderne cool
et t'encourage a le faire mais perso ton MC il lui manque un truc il a l'air trop vilain (fourbe ) il a une tète a claque si tu peut faire en sorte que des que l'on le voie on est envie de l'aider , le protéger se qui te faciliterais les scénarios avec les filles qui voudrait le cacher de la police par exemple

Hello
I find your concepts quite interesting kind Robin Hood cool modern times
and encourage you to do it but perso your MC it's missing something he looks too ugly (deceitful) he has a head to slap if you can make sure that we see it we are wanting to help him, protect him who would make you easier scenarios with girls who would like to hide him from the police for example

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018

View attachment 244201

Very nice main character design.

Couple of things that make the character not appear as human as possible below, however adjusting these may not improve the look. At the end of the day you need to use the style you prefer.
- Nose is longer than human proportions.
- Eyes and eyebrows higher than human proportions, hence forehead is smaller.
- Skin is very blue, however I think this is more a product of the lighting setup than the skin colouring.

Best of luck with your visual novel. Based on the single image you have posted, I suspect I will be a reader.(y)

Innocent Lili

Feb 22, 2018
@recreation : Thank you for your advice! Do you mean that, generally speaking, you prefer to have a first person point of view ? I'm still not sure what route I will follow. I understand a first person view is more immersive for most people, but as a girl, I tend to prefer when I can see the protagonist, and I assumed most girls would think alike. I hope other girls will give me their thoughts about it. From a narrative standpoint, I find it more interresting when all characters can be viewed (as in a comic or a movie), that way you can play more with camera, facial expressions, etc...
Ideally, I could make multiple renders and offer the option to view things from a first or third person view. I already planned a few first person shots whatsoever, for narration's sake (you get this trick a lot in comics, manga, and anime alike).
Do you prefer the first person view in every situation, or mostly for sex scenes ? That's an important point to determine, as well.
Again, thank you for your time. :giggle:

@Nomec104 Thank you for your advice :)
No way ! I can't believe it. You're right, there is some likeness to this character. From what I can see, this Team Fortress character became somewhat like a meme. It wasn't intended, but still.
Thanks for your time. :D

@jfredy78 Bonjour, et merci pour ta réponse :) Es tu français, ou bien t'entraînes-tu à le parler ?
Well I'm sorry to say that, but... he is not a modern times Robin Hood. The story takes place in a fantasy world. The "mean" aspect of the character you refer to is probably bound to the sharpness of his eyes and his somewhat angular face. I wanted to give him the "smartass" and "seductive" look of somewhat who knows what he wants (and who can be a bit cocky, too). When I compare him to Robin Hood, it's not really accurate. Maybe something along the lines of Arsène Lupin, or Flynn Rider (Eugene) in Tangled (Disney's movie) would be a tad bit more accurate.
Let's say he became a thief, but for good reasons at first, and got tangled in the intricacies of such a life. I can't get much into the details here, as it wouldn't be convenient to do so in this topic.
Anyway, this character doesn't really need to be protected. He is more the one who will protect others, most of the time. Even if he will, indeed, get some help and protection from other characters, among which girls are found.
I don't want him to look as a bad or mean guy, but to have a borderline appearance. words to describe him would be: smart; seductive; charismatic; resourceful; brave; cocky; sometimes concerned (especially about his family members).
Do you think he really looks too mean ?
Thank you for your time and advice, it helps me. :giggle:

@Xavster Thank you for your advice ! :)
Straight on point ! I feel you on everything, and it's intended design. I tried to stylize the character in a meaningful way. Nose is overly ellongated to emphasize the intuitive, ingenious, fox-smart aspect. Eyes are above the average line in order to give the face an even more ellongated look. The mandible (jawbone) is shrinked to give the face a more triangular look. I try to exagerate a few features in order to bring the design where I feel it consolidates the character's qualities.
The blueish tint is purely stylistic. It's done with light in order to give this particular portrait a more painterly approach, by intertwining cold color with warm color. It's purely for asthetics purpose.
I hope I didn't do too wrong by taking thoses decisions.
What do you think ? :unsure:
Again, thank you for your time.

----

I try to make my characters as original as possible, despite starting from DAZ models. I don't want people to look at my work and say "Oh, it's blatant vanilla DAZ again". That's not what I want to do, so I try to get things in a different direction. I know it's not necessary for success (as far as other projects and games demonstrated), but that's who I am. I want to share something new with everyone ! Let's build some new experiences together ! :giggle:

Thank you all for your time and advice, as well as your likes. :giggle:

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
@anon777 I prefer 1st person all the time, but I also know that some shots simply don't work like this. For such shot's I try to hide at least the face. I like to immerse myself into the story and seeing the mc or don't have any choices in the story just destroys Immersion for me. The same goes for non adult games, I always prefer 1st person.
If the mc is a good looking woman I don't mind seeing her all the time though :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Nomec104
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes