3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Barry

Nov 12, 2016
First time ever posting my work online. I really want to make a game, but struggle coming up with a decent story. Would love some feedback on these renders. I know they're not the best, and the lighting could be much better, but finally wanted to break my cherry and post something.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
First time ever posting my work online. I really want to make a game, but struggle coming up with a decent story. Would love some feedback on these renders. I know they're not the best, and the lighting could be much better, but finally wanted to break my cherry and post something.

Didn't see any images ?

Reactions: ttll

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Thanks @Joraell and @Roman DeVil for the heads up. Let's try this again. Would love some feedback..

Hey, not bad at all. Just try to use more light sources. Or add some direct light in postproduction. Images is not bad, just little blank. That is because there missing all shadows.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Nice! :D
Is the notebook screen the only light source on this scene?
Yup! It's a gray texture environment with minimal with the power set at 0.25 (just so it isn't pitch black in the shadows) and the screen is a black body emission of 350 watts.

Reactions: Andarilho
D

Dr PinkCake

Thanks @Joraell and @Roman DeVil for the heads up. Let's try this again. Would love some feedback..

Nice renders! You might wonder why her eyes are black in image 1 (partly in image 2). That's cause the light needs environment to bounce off. It's a super weird artifact that can be solved by putting a primitive behind the camera used when rendering.

Reactions: Barry

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016
I could be completely wrong on this (others correct me if I am), but the model is perfectly okay as she is. For me, the lighting just seems off. It doesn't tell me anything; am I supposed to fear her, like her, love her, etc?

Just a single light above, and a light on either side of the girl as rim-lights to separate her from the background. Simple lighting but it creates, in my opinion, some degree of threat or drama; I am not sure how other people will perceive this image, but I'm thinking the girl is somebody I should probably fear and the lighting enhances the fact she's floating and her eyes are glowing, and she looks mildly displeased.

Even if your girl is a nice demon, you probably need to go for a lighting that gives her some 'story' or makes her 'pop' out of the image. Before creating the above image, I just googled a lot of images of people sitting down, figured out the lighting setups, and found the ones that looked more menacing.

Just my two cents.
Hi everybody,

Sorry to spam this thread with the 5th iteration of the same render... I've tried to follow advices given by @epw14 about lighting of the scene... This render has :
- 2 rim lights to light the model from the side, slightly behind
- 1 light from above
- 1 environment HDRI map (set at only 0.20) to give suffisent light for the panther
I also changed the expression of the succubus to be more... expressive...

Is it better than the previous render ? (comments are welcome)
r.png

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
@mcmania The textures on everything in that pic look amazing. The leather, fur, satin/silk, skin, hair. The others were really good, this one is great! Best one yet

Reactions: mcmania
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes