3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Andarilho

Apr 11, 2017
Yup! It's a gray texture environment with minimal with the power set at 0.25 (just so it isn't pitch black in the shadows) and the screen is a black body emission of 350 watts.
Thanks!
I'm planning a scene using a TV as a light source and i want to learn what is the "best" way to do it

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Hi everybody,

Sorry to spam this thread with the 5th iteration of the same render... I've tried to follow advices given by @epw14 about lighting of the scene... This render has :
- 2 rim lights to light the model from the side, slightly behind
- 1 light from above
- 1 environment HDRI map (set at only 0.20) to give suffisent light for the panther
I also changed the expression of the succubus to be more... expressive...

Is it better than the previous render ? (comments are welcome)
View attachment 126141
No offense mate but if I may ask, there is a story why you're consistently using this poser, right? Please don't take this the wrong way but is the face model your mother's, aunt's or your wife?

I reckon there has to be deeper meaning.

Roman DeVil

Sep 18, 2017
Thanks @Joraell and @Roman DeVil for the heads up. Let's try this again. Would love some feedback..

...not bad at all, man! Nice posing, nice ambient. The lighting is an HDRI with a sunset, or is it the default skydome in DAZ?

Roman DeVil

Sep 18, 2017
No offense mate but if I may ask, there is a story why you're consistently using this poser, right? Please don't take this the wrong way but is the face model your mother's, aunt's or your wife?

...he's trying to make that character looking like his wife, if i didn't get it wrong... that's probably explaining his will for it to be perfect...

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016

@Vanaduke : I don't take offense :) because you are right, this model is based on a real person, my wife for instance with all the imperfection that are bound to reality (she is 37 years old). The base figure is a plain G3F morphed using morph dials (there are more or less 230 different morph dials used ). The skin is custom based on photography and enhanced with and ...
I use her as some kind of muse to perfect my knowledge of DAZ... Using a real person as model help to avoid walking in the uncanny valley. I would like to be as realistic as possible (with added fantay for sure ;))...

Ariku

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2018
Hello everyone

i'm brand new here . and hardly trying to create good renders for VN (an other one:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:). here's one of the main character . any (constructive) opinions would be appreciate or i'm on the good way ? the image is rendered at 4k using iray. glad if it would be used as a wallpaper :angel: . for the background it's the generic daz studio , hdri used is Skies of iRadiance Sunset HDRIs for Iray
lily_bacground4jpg.jpg
i also don't have a perfect english so i do apologize if i write wrong sometimes.

thanks in advance

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016
Hello everyone

i'm brand new here . and hardly trying to create good renders for VN (an other one:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:). here's one of the main character . any (constructive) opinions would be appreciate or i'm on the good way ? the image is rendered at 4k using iray. glad if it would be used as a wallpaper :angel: . for the background it's the generic daz studio , hdri used is Skies of iRadiance Sunset HDRIs for Iray
View attachment 126352
i also don't have a perfect english so i do apologize if i write wrong sometimes.

thanks in advance
Hi @Ariku,

The render is quite good (maybe a little too colorfull for my taste but that is personal), the only thinks I may note is the black color of her left glove seems too washed (I suppose it is caused by the postwork process) and the odd posing angle of the tail (and near the tail there is something that I cannot identify). I drawed in red the zone that "disturb" me.

Sorry for the poor Engish but I am not a native of that language (I am a French speaker :))... But anyway you are definitively on the right way....
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ariku

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2018
@mcmania

thanks a lot for your reply ( french here also)
i see what you mean about the tail . i think i should pose it on the right side instead. for the gloves maybe i ll give an other go render by reducing glossiness of them as they come raw.

i ll repost a corrected render when done .

Ariku

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 9, 2018
lily_background6jpg.jpg @mcmania

render redone , i removed the glossiness of the gloves and replace the tails + made it less colorful ( as you're french i owe you this at least) after the final render is photoshop and i still try to play with the filters and other noise reduction to make it (i hope) even better.

thanks a lot for your advices

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I am currently working on some characters for future renders (spoiler below) and was wondering what some of you are using for applying tattoos to models. I've done it previously by editing the texture map, however was seeking a simpler solution using an overlay. Any recommendations that would suit G8F models would be appreciated.

Edit: Thanks mcmania - think I have worked out how to make it work using LIE. Might take me a while to create properly as I am planning an arm sleeve which will take some manipulation in GIMP. Updated the image with some random poses with some additional model tweaks.

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016
I am currently working on some characters for future renders (spoiler below) and was wondering what some of you are using for applying tattoos to models. I've done it previously by editing the texture map, however was seeking a simpler solution using an overlay. Any recommendations that would suit G8F models would be appreciated.
Hi @Xavster,

Personally I use the Layered Image Editor (L.I.E.) integrated to Daz to apply custom tattoos (like the tribal dragon tattoo on my model) otherwise there are commercial pack using this overlays system on DAZ (I.E. or ).

For custom tattoos I applyed this kind of workflow:
- (black tribal tattoos) : I look for a tribal tattoo clipart on google image then I use Vector Magic Desktop Edition to convert it in vector to enhance its definition and export the result as a XVG file (this format is supported by gimp).
- I use GIMP to manipulate the tattoo furthermore (like adding an alpha channel).
- on DAZ, I add the created bitmap as a layer on the base and transluancy maps using the layered image editor.
- you can even save the result to reuse it on any other iray model using "File>Save as..>Layered Image(s) Preset" option

I hope it help...

Reactions: Xavster
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes