3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hi @Xavster,

Personally I use the Layered Image Editor (L.I.E.) integrated to Daz to apply custom tattoos (like the tribal dragon tattoo on my model) otherwise there are commercial pack using this overlays system on DAZ (I.E. or ).

For custom tattoos I applyed this kind of workflow:
- (black tribal tattoos) : I look for a tribal tattoo clipart on google image then I use Vector Magic Desktop Edition to convert it in vector to enhance its definition and export the result as a XVG file (this format is supported by gimp).
- I use GIMP to manipulate the tattoo furthermore (like adding an alpha channel).
- on DAZ, I add the created bitmap as a layer on the base and transluancy maps using the layered image editor.
- you can even save the result to reuse it on any other iray model using "File>Save as..>Layered Image(s) Preset" option

I hope it help...
Thanks for the assistance. I dabbled with the LIE, however in the end due to the instances of the texture map I had to apply to the model (Anagenessis Shader), I found it was easier to create an tattoo texture map rather than an overlay. Was just doing the render below to test the tattoos, but she is soo cute I had to share.:closedtongue:
Karen_01.jpg

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Been doing some more work with a model. Does anyone know of any hair versus gravity like scripts where I can make her hair obey the laws of gravity? (iRay) See side view.

Any other input welcome as well.
View attachment 126874
Any hair by outoftouch or AprilYSH has a lot of movement and style options.

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
Any hair by outoftouch or AprilYSH has a lot of movement and style options.
Thanks for the heads up. I like the current hair style on her and the morphs don't have anything for me to make it look like its falling down in that view. Oh well, I'll keep playing around.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Been doing some more work with a model. Does anyone know of any hair versus gravity like scripts where I can make her hair obey the laws of gravity? (iRay) See side view.

View attachment 126874
You can add DForce in any object. Select object and go to menu: Edit > Object > Geometry > Add dForce Modifier

In bra, if you can, make it a little smooth...if bra doesn't have smoother modifier you can add too in menu: Edit > Object > Geometry > Add Smothing Modifier

And don't know what light do you use but try tu use almost 2 lights (recomend: ) to highlight more the shadows

PD: Sorry for my english :p

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
And don't know what light do you use but try tu use almost 2 lights (recomend: ) to highlight more the shadows
It's just an HDR environment lighting with ground removed. Not looking to generate shadows for these renders. There is no environment, just trying to figure a few things out.

You can add DForce in any object. Select object and go to menu: Edit > Object > Geometry > Add dForce Modifier
Added this to hair, played around with it, not doing what I want. Maybe I'm just not seeing it.

In bra, if you can, make it a little smooth...if bra doesn't have smoother modifier you can add too in menu: Edit > Object > Geometry > Add Smothing Modifier
Yeah, bra had a smooth mesh already on it, just forgot to adjust it a bit before the render in each pose.

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016

View attachment 126874
take a look at it uses d-force.... (if your figure is a G3F, it is easy to adapt the hair done for G8F to fit it see: )

you can also try to try to use dforce with rigged hair

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
It's called "Razor-Cut Bob Hair".
Sorry, I don't have it to make tests...

Did you tried if is possible to move hair through the "bones" of figure?
Or perhaps you can apply DFormer and then move it.

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016
It's called "Razor-Cut Bob Hair".
Really try this :

There are tutorial video delivered with : there are 4 or 5 .mov files in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\ReadMe's" folder (or where the DAZ library is installed)... Are you familiar with dforce ?

With dforce enabled hair you can obtain effect like :
new succubus protype.png
... this is an "old version" of my G3F model I used to test

Cybernetics

Jun 18, 2018
Really try this :
There are tutorial video delivered with : there are 4 or 5 .mov files in "C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\ReadMe's" folder (or where the DAZ library is installed)... Are you familiar with dforce ?
Trying that package and will see how it works. Been messing with dForce on the hair I wanted to use and it wouldn't move. The only thing that seemed to work is making it transparent, so it was at least applying the settings to the hair, it just wasn't moving. Tried every last preset and nothing. Will see how this hair package works.

Jul 1, 2017
Hey again.

I was wondering to ask about something regarding this light scheme.

The JM lights are great and the light scheme seems to be working really good, but the problem is... it feels like it is mostly for character PORTRAITS, and if that's the point of this scheme, then that's that, but perhaps you know a way to use this, or at least a similar scheme / lights for scenes where there are multiple characters and the "lightning" is invisible (think ghost lights).

Is it possible perhaps to recreate the JM lights with Ghost Light Emissive planes, or is that impossible?

In essence - I'm wondering how to use the JM lights, or at least get lightning of this quality in a scene with multiple characters from different angles since the JM lights aren't "invisible" and will be seen if the camera moves around.

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016
Hangover.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Don't take offense, it is not the goal of my comment. I try to be honnest because I believe that criticisms help to improve our art and it is the reason why I request them when I post a new render.

Personnaly, I find that the skin shader you use for her skin combined with the light setting give to your model a feeling that she is a wax doll like if her skin was too much translucid...
What skin shader do you use ?

(If you find my comment inapropriate, don't hesitate to tell me and I will never again make comments about your art)

Reactions: Kirh

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Hey again.

I was wondering to ask about something regarding this light scheme.

The JM lights are great and the light scheme seems to be working really good, but the problem is... it feels like it is mostly for character PORTRAITS, and if that's the point of this scheme, then that's that, but perhaps you know a way to use this, or at least a similar scheme / lights for scenes where there are multiple characters and the "lightning" is invisible (think ghost lights).

Is it possible perhaps to recreate the JM lights with Ghost Light Emissive planes, or is that impossible?

In essence - I'm wondering how to use the JM lights, or at least get lightning of this quality in a scene with multiple characters from different angles since the JM lights aren't "invisible" and will be seen if the camera moves around.
You can try this:

In surfaces, set "Opacity Strength" to 0 in Grids and SoftBox_Black, and for SoftBox_Light set "Cutout Opacity" to 0.0001

BTW, setting cutout opacity to 0.0001 is useful also to avoid the reflection in the eyes ;-)

Reactions: mcmania

Suileef

Apr 5, 2018
Really try this :

With dforce enabled hair you can obtain effect like :
View attachment 126998
... this is an "old version" of my G3F model I used to test
Scene is almost perfect, but consider your character face expression. It's look like mannequin.
Ask your wife to take a photo of some facial expression (give me passion, darling!), and use it like reference.
I little smile never hurt nobody)

Reactions: mcmania
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes