Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
Stranger of Sword City is on Steam, but I'm not sure its White Palace version is up. I heard it's better than just the original version.

TBH most of them can be played with machine TL, although I can read kanji since I'm Chinese to begin with so most of the sentences isn't a problem for me.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
I can second on what he says, for most of the time you play as a male protagonist. The reason he looks like a girl and sometimes straight up transforms into a girl is because his body is of that of a female goddess. I forgot why they became fused, but the point is Ikusa Megami Zero and Verita is one of the best games of the Eushelly series. The other one I absolutely adore is Soukoku no Arterial, which really, REALLY should have a sequel.

On another note, Big Bang Age is hard??? There are walkthroughs that you can follow to the dot on how to play the game. Actually, the only reason you'll even need a walkthrough is because the characters and CGs can be tricky to recruit. If this is hard then Sengoku Rance is harder. If Sengoku Rance is hard then Rance 6 is harder. If Rance 6 is hard then you may as well prostrate before the Venus Blood series, the Gears of Dragoon series, Stranger of Sword City etc because they're the Gaias of hell difficulty. They make Dark Souls look like a children's playground. I've never managed to beaten any of this games beyond the Normal difficulty - heck I haven't even finished half of SoSC: White Palace despite sinking 50+ hours into that game.

Sad they never made a Big Bang Age 2, btw. The story was cool as fuck.
Funny enough, I found Stranger of Sword City (this one, right? ) more easy than every other games of this type XD

U

User_32285

The reason he looks like a girl and sometimes straight up transforms into a girl is because his body is of that of a female goddess. I forgot why they became fused
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Namco15

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
this game is reeeeaaallyy good. if you liked sengoku rance, you will like this one too! you just have to give this game a try and put some effort into it to understand how the battles etc. work. the difficulty however, as far as i can remember isn't that high as in sengoku rance.

AzureSky

May 5, 2017
The virtual machine loads, with two little popups (both with Sys42VM as the title) with a string of gibberish characters I can't even type here with "OK" being the only option. After those it just sits there on the VM's interface screen. I can go to the System, Settings, help or turn on or off message skipping but no game loads.
ya sucks I was really looking forward to playing this but i get the same error and I've tried some stuff downloaded the zip files op mentioned but nothing worked...feelsbadman :/

Reactions: Futamania

bllahbllub

May 5, 2017
ya sucks I was really looking forward to playing this but i get the same error and I've tried some stuff downloaded the zip files op mentioned but nothing worked...feelsbadman :/
Maybe your anti virus deleted the "Sys42VM.dll" it need´s to be in the dll folder try to put it back in if you don´t have the .dll file just download it "attached files (dll)" on the OP..... Are you getting the same Errors as Warsteel?

Last edited:

Silver1

Feb 7, 2017
Amazing game, i have it here already, and i recommend to anyone, also, i advice people to take a look at the guide of this game ( there is a site for this game ), because many events and characters have a limited time or have a specific day to be done, and its hard to keep track, if you don´t want to miss anything i recommend reading the guide.

AzureSky

May 5, 2017
Maybe your anti virus deleted the "Sys42VM.dll" it need´s to be in the dll folder try to put it back in if you don´t have the .dll file just download it "attached files (dll)" on the OP..... Are you getting the same Errors as Warsteel?
ya its in there "Sys42VM.dll" is where its suppose to be also i already downloaded those file idk at this point ill just wait a while and see if anyone comes up with a answer for this.

Umaru-chan

Aug 12, 2016
The main difficulty aspect I was talking about comes from a couple of things, Permadeath of your characters, and turn limit, if you get screwed over it's hard to recover especially because the time limit.

BananaPyjama

Oct 22, 2017
So having Japanese language activated doesn't seem to work, and since I have Win10 AppLocale isn't an option. Any one know of some other way that might work? Please and Thanks.

Reactions: Futamania

bllahbllub

May 5, 2017
So having Japanese language activated doesn't seem to work, and since I have Win10 AppLocale isn't an option. Any one know of some other way that might work? Please and Thanks.
Is your PC Unicode-locale on Japanese? Can't really help don't have win10....

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
The instructions in the post don't mention anything about needing to change locales... just to put it somewhere and run it.

BananaPyjama

Oct 22, 2017
Is your PC Unicode-locale on Japanese? Can't really help don't have win10....
What? uhm... I have an European PC.

The instructions in the post don't mention anything about needing to change locales... just to put it somewhere and run it.
It's in the Readme.txt in the game's folder.
"Make sure you have support for Japanese Language activated or play using AppLocale."

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
It's in the Readme.txt in the game's folder.
"Make sure you have support for Japanese Language activated or play using AppLocale."
That really should be in the post above then. How the hell does "put it anywhere and run sys40.exe" translate to use a locale emulator?

Edit: Game works perfectly using locale emulator. Thanks to everyone who was trying to help, it's appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drafox

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
That really should be in the post above then. How the hell does "put it anywhere and run sys40.exe" translate to use a locale emulator?

Edit: Game works perfectly using locale emulator. Thanks to everyone who was trying to help, it's appreciated.
I don't know who's happy you or your dick... *scratches his head

Irphaeus

Game Developer
Jun 14, 2017
You can use Cheat Engine works for every japanes type game
Thank you, but with cheat i never finish the game since you can abuse everything and it always happen at some point :/
I lose interest, this is why i was looking for rather a patch that change some stat at the begining for not having to be tempted with any tool.

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
I don't know who's happy you or your dick... *scratches his head
lol

Really though, this isn't much of a fap game. It's a surprisingly well done strategy game that just happens to have some H-content. ..... hmmm.... guess that means I should download another game too....

Reactions: Drafox

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
Uh excuse me, not much of a fap game? The sheer quality, amount and variety of H-scenes in this game is staggering for its size and when it was developed. If I wasn't too lazy to grab the rar files I stored in my old hard drive I would have installed it on my desktop and play it for kicks. And Sengoku Rance. And Baldr Sky. But god dammit my Baldr Sky save file is gone so I'd have to dl it someplace else ahhhh T_T

Reactions: KarylSummer
4.70 star(s) 6 Votes