Unity Onhold Cyberpink: Tactics [v0.22] [Cyberpink-dev]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Well, everybody wants a piece of the Cyberpunk hype train. But turns out their thing was way overhyped and failed miserably.
So ... the 'real one' totally F'd up, but at least the clones can try and make optimal use of those guys' marketing over the past, like 7 years.

Heck, you probably can't make a buggier mess if you tried. :sneaky:

Jesvi

Aug 14, 2017
Holy crap I absolutely love your art style, and especially the facial animations on her, its quite unique to this site from what ive seen. The cartoony clean style reminds me of Overwatch/Fortnite, or even Team Fortress. What program did you use to model and animate if you dont mind me asking?

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
so, anyone got an idea how combat should work? All I got are slow, fragile, close combat units running against strong long range turrets, Zulu style.

TrafelgarLaw

Oct 27, 2019
so, anyone got an idea how combat should work? All I got are slow, fragile, close combat units running against strong long range turrets, Zulu style.
use the tanks in the first level and just spam them also try to keep them alive you get the turrets when you won the first level from there its turret spamming and tanks to push the enemy 1st level was the hardest imo

Reactions: MZZ

anon456

Nov 5, 2017
the way i won the first lvl is by getting all dmg skills into the deck and removing all units except 1 tank and 1 drone

this game is all about AP management so
dont waste your granate for a single unit since that wastes your AP
target drones first since they gain 2 AP per round and can waste you and your units fast
turrets cant target your health so destroy them all first

then spawn a tank to slowly travel across the board

kill drone > kill turret > spawn tank/heal > spawn drone

anyway something like that
or just spam tanks and hope for the best

Reactions: MZZ

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
the way i won the first lvl is by getting all dmg skills into the deck and removing all units except 1 tank and 1 drone
now that you mention it, I found the deck building button hidden on the level select screen :D
The game is not good in explaining itself, yet.

jarb01

May 18, 2017
the first level probably woudn't be so bad if the enemy didn't have turrets that can shoot anywhere on the map. ffs, level 2 and 3 aren't as hard.

MZZ

Jun 15, 2018
the first level probably woudn't be so bad if the enemy didn't have turrets that can shoot anywhere on the map. ffs, level 2 and 3 aren't as hard.
I still did not beat level1, but I quickly lost interest. Some terrain features for cover or partial cover would be nice.

TrafelgarLaw

Oct 27, 2019
I still did not beat level1, but I quickly lost interest. Some terrain features for cover or partial cover would be nice.
you unlock a barricade card in the 3rd level i believe though it doesnt block any attacks just unit movement

Cyberpink-dev

Nov 22, 2020
I just found out that my game is being shared around and talked about here. I'm happy to see that.

Some topics I read from here:
  1. High difficulty on first level seems like a major issue - I should fix it by the next playable version.
  2. Cheats - "Instant win" is the easiest to add. I'm wondering if there even is any need for anything else.
  3. Nudity in combat - I don't have plans for it right now. Maybe at some point it could serve some gameplay purpose. If not, then it could just be some cheat mode.
  4. Terrain features in combat - I really like the idea, but I imagine it would provide quite a heavy coding challenge. Maybe one day.
  5. Similarities to Cyberpunk 2077 - I don't think there are many (not that it's a good or a bad thing). Even theme is somewhat different as I try to go for a more happy, clean and cute future. Story focus is more on AGIs (Artificial General Intelligence) and how slight deviations from the desired system can lead to weird and unexpected outcomes.
  6. Unity game engine and small game size - I try to keep my project size as small as possible as I don't like to wait on it loading up forever every time I start working. I don't go for realism either, so I can easily cut down on the texture amount and resolutions. Side-effect is that the final game is also relatively small.
  7. Art style, models and animations - Style is heavily inspired by Overwatch, Team Fortress 2 and Fortnite indeed. I like and have played two of these games a lot. All the characters and their animations are hand-crafted by myself (models and animations from Blender 3D, textures from Substance Painter). Some of the environment assets are asset store bought, I just had to match them in with some nice lighting.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes