VN HTML Ren'Py Completed Coming to Grips with Christine [Ep. 1-5] [Tora Productions]

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Well, I'm not sure working on multiple projects slows them down in the long run. But I feel ya, don't know why they decided to do multiple projects, and I don't necessarily agree with the decision to do monthly episodes. The two regularly put out a full new game every six months, who else in this genre does that?

But I can understand them trying something different. They are clearly in the upper echelon in this adult industry as far as creative work, but the remuneration for their work is not showing it on Patreon.

I'll just sit back and wait until the whole story is finished before getting into it.

Reactions: swammy

saolo996

Nov 20, 2017
I've talked about this with a few people that I know play their games.

I don't think moving to episodic was the right choice. They always released full games in the past but now we're getting a little bit here and there and as much as I love their work it's not ideal.

They have made some of my favourite VN's, hell, Dreaming with Elsa got me into the whole thing but now they have joined the short update for patreon crowd.

I haven't seen any of their stuff on mac so probably not.
Well, I agree we are used to have their games complete and finished so we don't like the idea to have bits of a new game.
But... Tlaero and Mortze always released their games for free leaving to you if to donate or not, so I don't see anything bad in their switch to patreon monthly release system to earn some more money.

It's been a while since my last post on the lagoon, but I'm pretty sure there is one written by Tlaero asking the players, or explaining to them, this big change in their working routine.

Tlaero has always been more than correct, open to criticism and ready to listen, so I don't feel it's correct to blame her, as well as Mortze, for anything.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Don't really know how to feel about episodic updates, absolutely hate them in actual vidya, but I guess its good here on one hand they don't get burned out on a single project, on the other hand the sporadic episode updates with all the garbage you play in-between them make you forget what happened on previous episodes, makes you appreciate them much less and not to mention completely take you out of immersiveness, let's hope it doesn't get to Brad's Erotic Weekend point, where you completely forget about the game and think something has happened to Dev's

That being said, I guess solution would be just to wait for complete game, but do that many people enjoy these episodic releases of this sort of game? Sure they might seem like a breath of fresh air in-between everything else, but would you rather not have the full experience/game

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Don't really know how to feel about episodic updates, absolutely hate them in actual vidya, but I guess its good here on one hand they don't get burned out on a single project, on the other hand the sporadic episode updates with all the garbage you play in-between them make you forget what happened on previous episodes, makes you appreciate them much less and not to mention completely take you out of immersiveness, let's hope it doesn't get to Brad's Erotic Weekend point, where you completely forget about the game and think something has happened to Dev's

That being said, I guess solution would be just to wait for complete game, but do that many people enjoy these episodic releases of this sort of game? Sure they might seem like a breath of fresh air in-between everything else, but would you rather not have the full experience/game
personally, i prefer a complete game , or a complete episode ( like pandora ) .. something big enougth to fill me enougth until the next release.
but i already have give my opinion, i would definitly prefer to see them working on 1 game at the time and then jump on the other game etc..
because even if i play only their game, everytime i jump from one game to another one, i tend to get confuse and mix all the story together. specially when the same character appear in different games. and that mess up the whole games.
but i guess they take the best decision for them.. well , i hope.. unless they take the best decision for the patrons ( wich will be the dumbest thing to do.. because patrons sometime destroy a good game with their needs )

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
I Didn't liked the first game, especially the ending with all this sharing stuff. This one dont really have that much content in it.

P3zz0

Formerly 'Pezzo'
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 8, 2017
Episode 3 just got released today for Patreon's members. They have announced that they won't release any others for free anymore, at least, not until all episodes are released for the Patreons.
Once done, they will do a bundle of all the episodes and release it for free.

So I guess we won't play (without being a Patreon) any episodes but in 6 months or something like that.

neon767

Aug 9, 2016
I think their biggest mistake is to be working on two games at the same time and alternating months for them. I kinda understand why they want to do it that way, but I think it is ultimately the cause of the lukewarm reception they are receiving that led to not releasing any more free episodes. The monthly episodes have all been really short so far, and then you wait two months for any sort of continuation. The real problem is that they are pretty slow at creating games (or probably, more likely, their format takes a long time to make a game) such that stuff like Saving Chloe took an entire year to make after Miranda. If the current games they are working on take anywhere near the same amount of time/effort, it'll take them two years from when they started this monthly cycle until either game is done. Hard to get excited about that.

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes