VN HTML Ren'Py Completed Coming to Grips with Christine [Ep. 1-5] [Tora Productions]

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I've talked about this with a few people that I know play their games.

I don't think moving to episodic was the right choice. They always released full games in the past but now we're getting a little bit here and there and as much as I love their work it's not ideal.

They have made some of my favourite VN's, hell, Dreaming with Elsa got me into the whole thing but now they have joined the short update for patreon crowd.

I haven't seen any of their stuff on mac so probably not.

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
This is super weird. Those guys were the last people I'd think would release a needless sequel for patreon purposes. Not to mention it's not one of their original games, but back when it was Phreaky and Tlaero.

I mean that whole first game is about building a solid relationship based on trust and understanding and so many other moral concepts that their games are always full of, and this one starts off by telling you all the stuff you did in the first game was wrong and she's just controlling and overbearing?

Weird.

Also Keeley looks like a fucking Thundercat. Damn.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
For being an old school HTML based visual novel, so far it's not bad... I hope it avoids player punishment dead ends as it develops, because alot of these HTML based Visual Novels tend to use dead ends alot... Which is why I typically avoid these old school visual novels... But in this case I was curious... There are a few grainy pictures, but overall the visuals are decent... This is more or less an introduction to the story, so not lots of content... And not a complete sense of the theme of the story plot fully yet... You get the sense that the protagonist is unsure about some stuff, but that is about it for now... It shows some potential... I went ahead and posted my review...

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
I can't bring myself to believe this is the work of Tlaero and Mortze. Their renders and graphics effects are out of this world. The preview images look like they were made by some noob barely starting to get used to Daz3d. What's up?
The images are super compressed. Under 100 kb each, probably so that it can be played online.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
For being an old school HTML based visual novel, so far it's not bad... I hope it avoids player punishment dead ends as it develops, because alot of these HTML based Visual Novels tend to use dead ends alot... Which is why I typically avoid these old school visual novels... But in this case I was curious... There are a few grainy pictures, but overall the visuals are decent... This is more or less an introduction to the story, so not lots of content... And not a complete sense of the theme of the story plot fully yet... You get the sense that the protagonist is unsure about some stuff, but that is about it for now... It shows some potential... I went ahead and posted my review...
They all have dead ends.

It's all about choices, don't want a dead end don't piss off the people you are talking too.

In some of their games it's possible to get yourself killed.

User #19006

Apr 29, 2017
I will actually also be uploading that also, didn't realize there hasn't been a thread yet. It is on the overview page of their patreon page.
It is on Playforceone free to play

also on AIF sans mystery is a walktrough posted, as well as in the coments of that page...

edit: Sorry to late I saw now that Getting to Know Cristine is already uploaded,

Reactions: PeterLuck

DarthMelkor

Apr 27, 2017
Is it me or their renders have become 'grainy'?
Noticed that in Saving Chloe as well.
What's up with that? :confused:
Mortze said it takes him hours to render a high res image and he doesn't have that sort of time or computer power. So, for the sake of releasing the game in a reasonable time period, he has to compromise on image quality. Unlike some of other developers, they don't use same background for multiple images. Each of their images have different back & foreground.

I too wanted him to make the game with high res images but can't argue with his logic. Their last game had more than 1800 unique images and it took about 6 months to render them all. If they render high quality images, then the game will take a lot more time.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
So apparently from what I am gathering here they have suddenly decided to make worse games than what they used to make in general? meh
Also what did they do with the girl from the first one that was friends with Christine if memory serves me right? She was hot as fuck and here she is ugly to the point of disgust.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
So apparently from what I am gathering here they have suddenly decided to make worse games than what they used to make in general? meh
They've been talking for a long time about how they have trouble continuing with the old format. That's why they've been doing a whole bunch of short stories, because that works better with Patreon.

It's my understanding that they'd still like to be releasing elsaverse-quality stuff occasionally, but the priority for now is monthly content of any kind to try and get patrons (they currently have - better than last year, but not enough to justify the time investment).

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
They've been talking for a long time about how they have trouble continuing with the old format. That's why they've been doing a whole bunch of short stories, because that works better with Patreon.

It's my understanding that they'd still like to be releasing elsaverse-quality stuff occasionally, but the priority for now is monthly content of any kind to try and get patrons (they currently have - better than last year, but not enough to justify the time investment).
2k bucks each dont justify the time investment? What?

NoboodyDies

Nov 12, 2017
Shame to see them move onto the episodic route, anyone have any idea how regularly they'll update? And if there are any plans for the sequel for Pandora too?

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
2k bucks each dont justify the time investment? What?
It was 500 bucks each before they started making smaller games. That was for a few hundred man-hours of time investment each month from well-known and well-liked devs.

Optimelle

May 7, 2017
Making games that look like shit just to have a high count a released games list is no excuse. They have quite the high fan base and mostly for their graphics. They've been doing this for years. They came forth and said they don't have the computer power. That's a load of bull. There's a ton of tricks (including post render work) to get gorgeous renders and they know all those tricks. You would say the same if you played any of their past games. This excuse don't fly with me.

Reactions: bigpenniser
4.20 star(s) 11 Votes