VN - HTML - Ren'Py - Completed - Coming to Grips with Christine [Ep. 1-5] [Tora Productions]

1. 4.00 star(s)

AlterVermilion

"Coming to Grips with Christine" is the first (precarious) transition to Ren'Py from the Keeleyverse, and it does her a good favor.

Mechanics: ⭐⭐⭐
    What you'd expect in Ren'Py.

Content: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    I missed more sexy scenes.

Graphics: ⭐⭐⭐
    A big transition from this universe in graphics, but without being the best. Renders in the average and in a resolution that still doesn't even reach 720p.

Script: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    This author knows how to narrate without falling into boredom for the reader, and continues to prove it.

Characters: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    I already expressed in the previous game that Christine is not very much to my liking, but she manages to vindicate herself a bit here.

Enjoy:⭐⭐⭐⭐
    An interesting and easy to follow installment.

Overall: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
    "Coming to Grips with Christine" is not the best installment so far in this little universe, but it lays the groundwork for the next one to be, we'll see what "Life Changes for Keeley" turns out to be.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

_Alexandru_

The story evolved beautifutlly and is worth playing if you like Chiristine

Playing first the first part of the story "Getting to Know Christine" I realy have to say
    good job to the developers as it seen that their craft improved a lot.

The models are very nice represented and I liked the new representation of Christine, that
    gave me the same feeling as in the first game

There is a story presented and we found more about Christine and her family. The game
    start quite rushed as it impose somehow a state of hate on Christine. The game is short so
    the developted relationship with Laura can also seem a bit rushed. For the next game I
    recommed either chosing a more simpler story or the game to be a bit more complex.

The achievements system is also something interesting that I hope to see in future games
    as it makes the entire experiece more enjoyable and it is not just a next next thing.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

jabooty

I'm admittedly biased since I've played all of Tora's games, and Tlaero's before Tora, for years now, and have generally loved them all.

At first I admittedly thought the game might be somewhat shallow, as I expected mostly overly sexual situations with Christine, but as usual, there was a lot more depth involved, and I enjoyed how there were multiple paths made available. I greatly enjoy Tora's achievements, as well as bonus structure since you're incentivized to play through and see everything to get the always fantastic bonus scene!

Can't wait for what's next
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Alfius

I'm giving this one a 4 since in it's not as good as the Elsa games. If I could give 4.5 it would have been better.

I really enjoyed the Christine Character and like the Sexually aggressive side of her. She is very aggressive in bed making it a nice change from the more timid characters in most other games.

The other Characters are fun and the mom is ultra sexy.
    Laura is super cute with a nice bush and lovely breasts.

All the sex scenes are super erotic so top works in that department.

The game is a bit short, but I guess you can not have it all.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Silver

I didn't expect dating two girls from this creator. feel a bit unnatural too. This game is much shorter than other games, there is not much depth either. MC gets close to Christine's sister so quickly. I hope the developers won't be rush when making their next game. The engine is a poor choice. You can't go back, and there are not much save slots, it works on the browser. Wish it's developed with an engine like renpy. All in all, it's a good game, I enjoyed playing it, but I don't know I won't play it again because it doesn't have a good story line, but The graphics is excellent nevertheless.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

carter111

Small resolution renders (not even 720p) and with a great deal of noise ( especially for someone who raises 4k a month) paired with a very poor choice of engine for this genre, it really should have been ren'py...
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Avaron1974

Can't help but give it a 5. The only complaint I have is it's shorter than the Elsaverse games. I can't even say it's a major complaint because it ties up nicely for all 3 endings I got. I think if it was longer it may have felt dragged out.

It's a really good nod to Christine fans from the original game. We waited a long time for it but it's great to get a bit of, I guess closure would be the word.

You can either end up with Christine, Laura or both and all 3 of them are great endings. I have the Christine ending as my canon one though, I adore her. I'm not male so the alpha thing doesn't matter to me and I do so love a woman that takes control. If she cuddled more she'd be perfect.

There are scenes with both main girls and a really good scene with the mother but the best scene is the bonus with Sandy. Get all achievements and watch it, you'll thank me.

I've loved their character models since I first set eyes on Pandora and this is no different. All the women are gorgeous.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

super_tramp

Renders are good and look pretty realistic at parts, especially the camcorder recording toward the end of the game. A lot of time and work went into this 'short' game and I appreciate a person that has the skill and competence to finish a game.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

animelover

i really love this game main girl is so mysterious and fun and side girls are also nice not many games make all the characters likable and i love all of them in this game would highly recommend this game
  10. 5.00 star(s)

badass

Tora's games are always good. They have a real kliller combination of deep story and good looking girls. Although this is only a HTML VN, The story is captivating. Christine is looking awesome. Version 0.1 is very short, but i'm looking forward for more already :).
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is Episode 1...

This is an old school HTML based visual novel...

The visuals of the characters are decent, with only a couple of the pictures being slightly grainy... The backdrops all look unique and creative...

The script is spot on, as I didn't run into any spelling/grammar errors that I remember... The plot revolves around a male protagonist who has a girl friend that is a bit domineering and the protagonist is unsure about where he wants to go with their relationship, if he even wants to continue it... The current content mostly involves some stress at his job, the introduction of a couple characters, and a road trip to see his girl friends family... There he meets her mom, her mom's boyfriend, and her younger sister, who the protagonists finds to be attractive... This is where the current content ends...

Overall, this is a decent old school style visual novel that shows some potential... Unsure yet if it is a love/romance story, or a lust story, or what not... Have to wait for future content to get a better sense... It shows some potential, and I look forward to seeing future versions...