wrs_supernova

May 22, 2020
so this is same CK just remove the clicking and turns it into linear visual novel?
"Hi, I'm a fan of CK and other games, I got the idea of converting some sandbox games into total visual novels, for all those who are not interested in exploration and grinding. This version has been disassembled and rebuilt in such a way that only the pure plot is left in it. it is still in the working stages, it has not been completely cleaned up, but elements such as the map, time, stats and more have been removed. As this is the first time I've tried something like this and I'm still learning, I've included some initial events as a test to be able to continue later on, the events have been reorganised in such a way that their execution is logical, as it is very difficult to tie them together due to the open nature of CK. The last event at the moment is Morgana's masturbation, I hope I have done a good job."

Apr 2, 2018
I mean I get that these types of games' idea of "gameplay" is kinda trash and they're not real games, but uhh... are you telling me people actually want games without gameplay? I am so confused, but at the same time this explains why majority of H "games" are actually just a VN with a map and morning/afternoon/evening system thrown on top of it.

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
I mean I get that these types of games' idea of "gameplay" is kinda trash and they're not real games, but uhh... are you telling me people actually want games without gameplay? I am so confused, but at the same time this explains why majority of H "games" are actually just a VN with a map and morning/afternoon/evening system thrown on top of it.
The truth is that the Sandbox system is completely useless if the game doesn't have anything different like a combat system or some decent minigame to play.
Sandbox only turns into something good if it has something interesting to do in each area the player enters.

But even the "sandbox players" hate all that I mentioned, making a decent sandbox turn into a map simulator with a useless time system.

libertypics

Jan 23, 2019
In this original release, how close is this version caught up to all the content that is in the base game?

kayot

Dec 19, 2017
I'm glad this is happening now. I was doing something like this with FutaFamily to learn RenPy (Python), the 0.1.9 version was slow and a bit grindy (0.2.2 fixed most of this), and the gallery still leaves a lot to be desired. I was considering a 'for fun' release, but was worried something like this would happen.

Reproduces

Modder
Apr 4, 2023
I did not expect it to be posted so quickly, however I clarify some doubts.

No, there is not and will not be in the future any form of profit, my intention is simply to learn by taking things apart.
All links and redirects are intact, I just added a screen on the start that says it's a totally VN version made by me, nothing else.

As far as releases go, I consider this a simple hobby in my spare time, so don't expect a weekly thing, although it might happen for example 5 new events in a week or similar.

As for the rebuilding of the game, I know that the first chapter is the most straightforward and simple one, in fact I think I won't have any problems connecting the events until the organization attack, the problems will be with the second one, where it's totally open, I'll see what I can do. If the third chapter is going to be exclusively battles, I think I'll sum it up as "I fought stuff, I fucked chicks."

Yeah, I have other games in mind but it all depends on the ease of linking events, I've already discarded two games because the execution of events without the sandbox didn't make sense, all too random, while another was so full of side stuff and very few plots every 10 side events that I gave up. All also from the fact that I understand very little at the moment.

In the event that I receive requests to stop with the project for various reasons, I will leave this version and try to do something else, I don't want to create problems for anyone, just learn.

I hope this clears up your doubts

tuuri

Oct 8, 2017
eroges were originally visual novels with very limited choices and no real branching
idk what is up with this western obsession of turning every renpy VN into a pseudo rpg with barely any sandbox elements
less talky more fucky you are wasting everyones time mr developer

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
Another "i don't wanna play, i just download a 100% save and look at the gallery" game remake.
Now people are not only too lazy to move their character in RPGM games. Now they don't even want to select options in renpy games.
In most cases, I'd 100% agree with you. But I feel like the base game hasn't done anything even noteworthy with the sandbox gameplay. To me, it was another empty soulless sandbox that felt like it was made that way to say, "See, I'm not just a VN, I'm "different"." Especially with regards to the first chapter. It's been a very hot minute since I played though, so it's probably improved a lot and I just look like a fool.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
I got the idea of converting some sandbox games into total visual novels
Would be nice if this started a trend of doing that... there's so many faux-sandboxes that don't actually offer any freedom but just force you to click about and maybe if you're lucky keep referring to some guide to proceed through what turns out to be basically a kinetic novel as there's no story branches... or the ones that make you repeat events, maybe each time getting a teensy bit further into the scene to try and draw out their content to breaking point... I'd like to see them all get this kind of treatment.

So yeah good on you for taking your free time to try and do this.

Shadow135

Feb 12, 2018
People getting pissed off because there's people that don't want the sandbox element? bruh.

Let them do whatever they want. It doesn't affect us, it makes Arc and the game itself more popular, mr. Reproduces learns about RenPy.
Literally a win/win. I don't like VN, i like more the sandbox itself, but clicking *that much* after a while gets... tedious, to be honest.

Apr 2, 2018
The truth is that the Sandbox system is completely useless if the game doesn't have anything different like a combat system or some decent minigame to play.
Sandbox only turns into something good if it has something interesting to do in each area the player enters.

But even the "sandbox players" hate all that I mentioned, making a decent sandbox turn into a map simulator with a useless time system.
I guess this is fair. I genuinely would prefer to see fewer VNs and more actual games on here, but at the same time, I have to concede that if the "gameplay" is going to be just clicking a half dozen times to trip a flag without any legitimate decision-making or challenge, then yeah, a strict VN would probably be better.

My concern is mostly with direction: I'd rather see more "games" on the "games" forum of this website, rather than pretty picture galleries with mediocre writing. But then, if the alternatives are pretty picture gallery with mediocre writing or pretty picture gallery with mediocre writing and extra clicking, then I guess I can see what most people would pick.

PS.: And before the outcry of "this and that eroge have great writing!" come up, yes, there are some good ones. They are an extraordinarily rare exception.

Damned9

Dec 15, 2018
Could be, but its still not ok to just take a game from someone else to make a fan remake of it. Especially if the original game isn't tagged as completed. It would be a diffrent sotry if the game was tagged as abandoned, which it isn't. But thats my point of view to this.
The whole game is so needlessly drawn-out already, it looks like dev doesn't want to finish the game. The part after main char woke from his 3rd coma feels like act 1 all over again. The dev's main goal is to get the game to last as long as passable, and lately its done with repetition of content

Reactions: StarHam

Reproduces

Modder
Apr 4, 2023
New update coming in less than an hour probably, I managed to finish the first chapter, so with this we get to the new house, the last event is exactly the talk with gramp.
This time I even managed to make an android version.

I will stop here for now, I have to start analysing chapter two and decide how best to proceed, it will probably be the most complicated part.

In the meantime, for those who asked to try the same thing with other games, I'm trying to take another one apart, I'll probably release a total vn version of that one too in a couple of days if I can get it all hooked up.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
CKBreakVersion-0.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: Axismundi

Reproduces

Modder
Apr 4, 2023
New update available now, 4 new events have been added, the last one concerns Jessica's blowjob in the laundry room.
You probably haven't tried 0.2 as I didn't know there was a two week limit to be put in the latest updates.
Anyway, this one is shorter because I'm finishing up another project, it should be online by tomorrow, I hope that's ok too.
Let me know if these total VN versions work and are good enough for you, thank you.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote