Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
I don't know why someone would make something like this, just feel like your skipping everything that this game is build on.
Honest question here. In your opinion, what does the sandbox element add to the original version? Last time I played, you could go to Gramps and train with the ninja girls, and I remember that the "sandbox" part of the game added a bunch of unnecessary menus you had to go through to get anything done, especially going to Gramps. The original just wasn't fun to navigate through, and that's why I stopped playing. And the thing that stops me from trying it again is that all I hear about the game is that it is suffering from extreme feature creep, while the opening chapters are still plagued with empty sandbox syndrome.

Eromo

Sep 6, 2020
Look, I'm just a guy on the internet, on a pirate site, playing Eroge. Don't let my thoughts affect you any more than the next guy. I'm not hard to please. Good story, good music, interesting mechanics, that's about it. I've played up to the start of Act 3 so I haven't experienced this god-awful combat mechanic everyone's been talking about, but I enjoyed CK, sandbox, and all. Didn't really have complaints with the story or gameplay other than it was easy to miss events, but that's probably cuz I played blind. I didn't play with a guide, honestly forgot there was one, I just played the game. It's an exploration-esque vn, so I explored. I honestly like vns that have you do more than just pick a few options of dialogue. I didn't think it was too grindy, cuz I know grind and this was not it. Really just hold ctrl, and that's about as much grind as you're gonna do.

What I'm saying is I thought CK was fine, nothing really tedious. I just played it with what it had to offer and enjoyed my time. I guess it's just the mindset you go into a game with and what you're trying to get out of it. CK without the exploration/sandbox elements, as a straight vn, sounds really weird to me and would not make sense to the story. There's nothing inherently wrong with the idea, play whatever game in whichever fashion is most enjoyable to you, but the sandbox thing is a core part of the game. Removing that would leave it pretty barebones and not as satisfying, IMO. Anyways that's my two cents, agree or disagree that's fine, just wanted to put it out there. About whether it's right for this to exist, seems like it's already been resolved but. This is a pirate site, expect piracy. Let's not pick and choose what's valid when we're all on this site for one reason or another. Debating about it isn't gonna change how the world works.

fun_master_BW

Apr 14, 2020
I run into an error when trying to use my power on Emma when meeting her in college. Next step to select the power rins in an exception.
Seems I can continue with the other option at this point and hope this does not breal the game,

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'power_selector'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script/emma.rpyc", line 145, in script call
  File "C:\Users\NN\Eroge\CorruptedKingdoms-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1705, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
  File "C:\Users\NN\Eroge\CorruptedKingdoms-0.3-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Corrupted Kingdoms: VN Version 0.3
Sat May  6 20:11:00 2023

Reproduces

Modder
Apr 4, 2023
I run into an error when trying to use my power on Emma when meeting her in college. Next step to select the power rins in an exception.
Seems I can continue with the other option at this point and hope this does not breal the game,

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\NN\Eroge\CorruptedKingdoms-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1705, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
  File "C:\Users\NN\Eroge\CorruptedKingdoms-0.3-pc\renpy\script.py", line 927, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Corrupted Kingdoms: VN Version 0.3
Sat May  6 20:11:00 2023
Seems I forgot a powers' screen in Emma's dialogue, I will remove it, for the next build it will be okay, for now just avoid to click the power stuff during Emma's part in the school.

Ryantrix

Nov 21, 2018
Wow So many useless comments (Why don't you move this off topic discussion to off topic thread).
My question is how much content of the original CK is in it, meaning, is it caught up with the original or there is more work to be done?

Reactions: HunterSeeker
Jul 31, 2021
Wow So many useless comments (Why don't you move this off topic discussion to off topic thread).
My question is how much content of the original CK is in it, meaning, is it caught up with the original or there is more work to be done?
Take a peek at the changelog next time and you'll have your answers there. Cheers.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Ok Reproduces , now that you've heard all the 'crap' comments... here's a good one.

I just finished your ver 03.2 up to the end and find that you did an interesting thing, turning this 'wander around find a lot of stuff but don't know what's this all leading up to' into something that seems like it has a plot....imagine that!! What a refreshing change for someone who likes the story...er mystery.

I like what you're doing. Bravo! Please continue.

And, if I may ask, any hints or idea when your next UPREV might appear?

cheers ...da prof...

Reproduces

Modder
Apr 4, 2023
Ok Reproduces , now that you've heard all the 'crap' comments... here's a good one.

I just finished your ver 03.2 up to the end and find that you did an interesting thing, turning this 'wander around find a lot of stuff but don't know what's this all leading up to' into something that seems like it has a plot....imagine that!! What a refreshing change for someone who likes the story...er mystery.

I like what you're doing. Bravo! Please continue.

And, if I may ask, any hints or idea when your next UPREV might appear?

cheers ...da prof...
Thank you, I'm glad I'm doing a good job, there are still several things to improve and clean up.
If you mean other projects with the same intent, another one made by me has been published.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Thank you, I'm glad I'm doing a good job, there are still several things to improve and clean up.
If you mean other projects with the same intent, another one made by me has been published.
Actually, no, I meant the next rev of this project. . .I'd be interested in seeing how much further this plot goes, before 'arcgames' dumped it into the pit of his silly 'war between humans and fey' where you have to start all over. There is a lot of 'side action' in the original and I'm wondering how you will handle it, or even if you will include it at all?

however, now that you've teased me...

What project is that? There is no indication of it on your 1st page or anywhere in this thread. What is it's status and where can one find it? It's not nice to tease and run!

Joke92

Jan 3, 2019
Honest question here. In your opinion, what does the sandbox element add to the original version? Last time I played, you could go to Gramps and train with the ninja girls, and I remember that the "sandbox" part of the game added a bunch of unnecessary menus you had to go through to get anything done, especially going to Gramps. The original just wasn't fun to navigate through, and that's why I stopped playing. And the thing that stops me from trying it again is that all I hear about the game is that it is suffering from extreme feature creep, while the opening chapters are still plagued with empty sandbox syndrome.
Like all other games with a storyline, you need to find an item or speak (Sometimes in the right way) to get what you need to go forward. The more time you spend with a character, the more rewards are worth. I played many types of games that have a tune of characters I didn't like at first but later on, I started to like this characters more and more because I used more time to understand and accept that person. So when you end up with a sexual situation it feels more rewarded (But, yeah, that's just me I guess)

Ryantrix

Nov 21, 2018
Take a peek at the changelog next time and you'll have your answers there. Cheers.
Thanks, but you see it says chapter 1 completed in 0.2, but the thing is I don't know what chapter is the latest in original, ( I was going to play original but found this, so haven't played any of them yet), so its not helpful, the original is v.0.18.7 but this is chapter 1 and 4 events, apples to oranges.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Blue3252

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Dev

Why did you use the exact same save location for this game as the original dev? When I went to save/load I had all of my existing saves show up. This will not end well if we mix up the originals with your mashup.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Hmm, this one seems like an interesting mod.
I might go for this when I feel lazy or when I get lost 'cause of the sh-t hint system back then, I dunno if it's still sh-t even now.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote