Troscer

Jun 16, 2017
Not really sure why you think that, the patreon and subscribestar links to ARC games, the actual producer of CK. Genuinely seems like the producer of this game just wants to re-hash it in a different way that might be more digestible to some people. Maybe also use this as a chance to learn and grow as a developer and then make money later, sure, that's possible, but they aren't getting funding for this project.
For now...

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

anminter17

Sep 8, 2017
Honestly i have no interest in this "vn remake" of CK, but if devs (links bring to legit patreon and such so i have to suppose they are legit) thinks there is market for this version too who am i to think differently? I hope they will find a good number of people interested in this, they deserve more support for sure and this will help also "standard" CK development. I must say that we had a a good number of this kind of "reworks/remakes" go really bad in the past, i just hope that this won't be another failure like those and hopefully that this won't harm the legit version of CK development. That said, good luck ArcGames. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: nasam

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Honestly i have no interest in this "vn remake" of CK, but if devs (links bring to legit patreon and such so i have to suppose they are legit) thinks there is market for this version too who am i to think differently? I hope they will find a good number of people interested in this, they deserve more support for sure and this will help also "standard" CK development. I must say that we had a a good number of this kind of "reworks/remakes" go really bad in the past, i just hope that this won't be another failure like those and hopefully that this won't harm the legit version of CK development. That saied, good luck ArcGames. (y)
In my mind, it can only help the original author in maybe finding new patrons. The person who made this is promoting the original dev, not themselves. I could end up being wrong though. But, as of right now this could bring in a lot of people who hate sandbox games.

VRGO

Feb 29, 2020
wow wtf i cant believe somebody just uploaded somebody else's content on f95zone, holy shitttt

Jokes aside, the idea of un-sandboxing sandboxes is a neat one and I can already think of a few games (Another Chance, cough) that could do with such a treatment. I definitely would've called this a mod and not a 'remake' though, since that could resolve a few of the misunderstandings that have occurred already and would make it fairly obvious that you aren't intending to profit off of somebody else's work. Otherwise, so long as the original creator doesn't care, I wont either. Best of luck to ya, Repro (y)

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
In CK was grind? Really?
It is a sandbox... that doesn't really utilize the sandbox... like most of the sandbox elements could easily be gutted and change nothing, and have zero impact on overall experience... it mostly serves to waste time.
And make the game seem longer than it is content wise... cause half the time you are just navigating through the constant options and maps to go anywhere... (need I remind you of the "free roam" areas that you have to guess left right or centre EACH TIME).

With the sandbox elements being there more to confuse and disorient the player, rather than be useful and guide them, like... you NEED the walk-through guide for it to be playable. That is supposed to be there if the player wants to be lazy or check they have done everything, not relied on to actually be able to play the game without mindlessly guessing where to go.... and even then you still have moments like that despite the walk-through.

Like.... it really doesn't need the sandbox at all... just like most sandbox games. (And I like sandbox :| my favourite games are sandbox games :S). Grindy would almost be preferable since you could at least skip it using dev-console.

You could easily cut down half the locations, and it wouldn't change much (e.g. making the school a single zone instead of an area to navigate, changing the house so that it only gives you options to go places where there is actually content to happen, instead of just dead areas because of the time of day... so many QOL improvements could be made, other games don't need to do that last example, because they are less bloated with areas, or have implemented things that make it obvious where content is without having to check a walkthrough, like LI icons at the locations where they currently are, which last I played, CK didn't have that, but can't say for current build).

Anyway, that is my personal analysis of CK, take it with a grain of salt, by no means am I trying to say it is a bad game, just that it could be much better optimized for the player experience.

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
Yes. Imagine you release a game, then somebody unpacks your game, takes your assets, and creates their own shit with them.
I would totally want to make another game after that, wouldn't i? :ROFLMAO::coffee:
I wouldn't have a problem with that, as long as it's made by a fan and the person doesn't create a patreon just for it.
There are tons of "VN versions" of old sandbox games here at F95, it's not something new.

The post even mentions ArcGames, including links to its official Patreon, SubscribeStar, Discord and thread. It's literally free advertising

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
People making a real big deal about permission like this isn't literally a piracy forum. Are we supposed to ask devs for their permission before leaking games now too?
Besides that, this is like the most beneficial piracy I've seen on this site. No dev complains when someone releases a second language patch of their game for people who don't properly speak English. No dev complains when someone releases a walkthrough or a walkthrough mod for players who don't want to have to guess point gains and paths. Why are you assuming they'd have a problem with a repackaging for people who don't want to play sandbox? If this happened to a sandbox project that I was running then I'd be pumped that a perfect stranger solved what would have almost definitely been one of the biggest critiques of my hypothetical game.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote