♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
People making a real big deal about permission like this isn't literally a piracy forum.
Even a piracy forum gotta have some standards.
Are we supposed to ask devs for their permission before leaking games now too?
Leaking a game and taking assets to make your own shit with them is a bit different i'd say. :rolleyes::coffee:
Why are you assuming they'd have a problem with a repackaging for people who don't want to play sandbox?
It's like saying that Nintendo wouldn't mind at all if you took their shit and made some shitty parody with them.
Because you know, maybe they DO mind it. That's why this guy should have asked first. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

KullisUrus

Mar 18, 2018
Well, after reading a LOT of people complaining about sandbox's "grinding".

Like ok the original CK it's not for you, that's it, the game comes with your's so called "grind", if you don't like it that's your problem. I can't personally agree with this (maybe cuz i replayed like 3 times, each time in just a night) but ok i understood.

The most important thing about this "VN remake" it's that if it is beign "created" with the Authors permisson, we all know what this site is but the actual creators are here as well, they are sharing with us their game for free.

Like, im just trying to say ask for permission mate, don't steal assets without consent. Ask for them first.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Well, after reading a LOT of people complaining about sandbox's "grinding".

Like ok the original CK it's not for you, that's it, the game comes with your's so called "grind", if you don't like it that's your problem. I can't personally agree with this (maybe cuz i replayed like 3 times, each time in just a night) but ok i understood.

The most important thing about this "VN remake" it's that if it is beign "created" with the Authors permisson, we all know what this site is but the actual creators are here as well, they are sharing with us their game for free.

Like, im just trying to say ask for permission mate, don't steal assets without consent. Ask for them first.
ArcGames was on today, he's been tagged here a few times and if he had any issues, I'm sure this would've been taken down by now. My personal opinion is he's probably enjoying the show, eating popcorn and laughing his ass off at the drama in this thread.

Routher

Sep 15, 2018
ArcGames was on today, he's been tagged here a few times and if he had any issues, I'm sure this would've been taken down by now. My personal opinion is he's probably enjoying the show, eating popcorn and laughing his ass off at the drama in this thread.
Could be, but its still not ok to just take a game from someone else to make a fan remake of it. Especially if the original game isn't tagged as completed. It would be a diffrent sotry if the game was tagged as abandoned, which it isn't. But thats my point of view to this.

KullisUrus

Mar 18, 2018

LMAO, didn't think about that.

Pretty sure it's having a fucking good time :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: nasam and User1230

kinda

Nov 24, 2017
I definitely stopped playing the original due to its sandbox nature, and it baffles me how so many people dont actually recognize sandbox games for what they (usually) are, huge and unnecesary time sinks made to increase game lifetime.

I fucking hate going to each dumb location looking for the next event in line needed to progress

skyteam

Jun 25, 2018
For anyone asking about Arc, he already said before, he doesn't visit this site anymore. Why? IDK. Is he aware of this? Yes he is. As long as the guy who created this "fan remake" doesn't actually make money off of his game, I THINK Arc is probably okay with it.

My opinion on this? This won't last absolutely nothing. More because this hasn't even left Act 1 yet, which is linear, so i doubt he'll be able to streamline the whole Act 2, even more because almost nothing ties together, so you can't create a proper story with just what CK has. He'd have to create story to tie everything, just because he wants to remove sandbox.

Reactions: Ultralazuli

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
For anyone asking about Arc, he already said before, he doesn't visit this site anymore. Why? IDK. Is he aware of this? Yes he is. As long as the guy who created this "fan remake" doesn't actually make money off of his game, I THINK Arc is probably okay with it.

My opinion on this? This won't last absolutely nothing. More because this hasn't even left Act 1 yet, which is linear, so i doubt he'll be able to streamline the whole Act 2, even more because almost nothing ties together, so you can't create a proper story with just what CK has. He'd have to create story to tie everything, just because he wants to remove sandbox.
Look at his profile. He was here today.

Reactions: nasam

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
okay, sorry. let me explain better then. Arc is not active (as in, he barely talks in the threads) in here, also he doesn't upload the game here anymore.
Well, he may not actively post, but, he's active in clicking like on posts in the main game thread. But, that's not the point. The whole point is if he really had issues with this fan-made VN version, he would've shut it down with the quickness. Reproduces is doing nothing wrong, except bringing more attention to Arc and his game. Just my 2cents on this.

I mean Hell, look how many of us gave up on the original, only to jump on this one and give it a go. For a dev, this is great exposure and brings people back to give it another try and also brings in new people.

skyteam

Jun 25, 2018
Well, he may not actively post, but, he's active in clicking like on posts in the main game thread. But, that's not the point. The whole point is if he really had issues with this fan-made VN version, he would've shut it down with the quickness. Reproduces is doing nothing wrong, except bringing more attention to Arc and his game. Just my 2cents on this.

I mean Hell, look how many of us gave up on the original, only to jump on this one and give it a go. For a dev, this is great exposure and brings people back to give it another try and also brings in new people.
i never said Arc was against this, nor that he didn't like it. also, if you guys gave up because of sandbox, that's ok, but saying that CK is "too grindy" is a tad too far, imo

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote