VN Ren'Py Abandoned Bright Sun's Card Adventure [v0.2] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

SlimeDroid

Feb 27, 2018
Here's some ideas I thought of if you're interested-

Buy card packs at shop, x1 and x5 each pack is 5 random cards

Selling cards or fusing them for stronger cards

Unique floors: Exotic shop with rarer cards, healing spring that restores hp and sp, dream sequences to increase relationships

Special cards that increase difficulty of next floor like stronger enemies for more exp, money, item drops

Bronze, Silver, Gold enemies that drop stat boosts

nosbos

Nov 1, 2017
A card game and sister lesbian in one game???
I'm sold... :)

I really love this game and it's unique approach as a card game.
For a 0.1/0.1.2 this game has a good amount of content, as expected from Bright Sun Studios...
The girls are cute and I like how you give each of them a different approach to lewd fun. I'm curious to see how you'll juggle the four relationships during the game, because all "NPC" girls are in relationship with the MC, but "avoiding" each other in terms of lewdiness.
Will there be drama? Will all love each other more that a sister should? I'm very excited to see how it'll develop.

The gameplay is unique and very refreshing. I like how the card game is a big aspect of the story and the game (not only a minigame). Hopefully we will see more about the girls and in what relation they're standing to Despair.
The period till it's game over is very fair designed and I never felt the pressure because of a threatening game over.

You put so much effort into the card aspect and I like that you reference your other games in there. I like the different sets and their theme. It's good to see that you're giving different ways to play the card game.

At the momend I'm not sure that every stat is need (like Agilty or Luck) I couldn't even train them (expect during a level up, but I think SP if far more important).

So far I really like the game and I will become a patreon in october (don't want to get charged for one day).

My only concern is (since you abandoned your other game) that you'll hopefully not start many more games (so this gets abandoned too).

Here are a few suggestions:

Please overhaul the card ui... If you buy many cards it gets cofusing because every new gcard is placed in the beginning. So building new decks is quite a pain. Maybe make cards during the deck edition screen smaller, so the deck building is a bit larger and maybe an option to sort the cards (after character or set).
I build a new deck a few times, but with that many cards and without an option to sort it was painful and dimished the fun to do that. I don't know if that is possible in renpy, but I'm sure you'll find a way.

Keep up with that work and make a great game like Blooming Love.

Apostate

Oct 14, 2017
Not exactly sure where to extract the patches to. Don't see this on the OP nor in the docs anywhere. I'm overlooking it or should it be obvious?

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Not exactly sure where to extract the patches to. Don't see this on the OP nor in the docs anywhere. I'm overlooking it or should it be obvious?
You have to drop the .rpy files and the 'image' folder inside the patch download folder into the 'game' folder of the game itself. If you're not asked to override some files (which you should do), you've done something wrong

Apostate

Oct 14, 2017
Game is in principle cool but it has a bit of an identity crisis I think. If it's a relationship development game then it stops too soon, maybe a bit grindy, and is cluttered with the card stuff. If it's a card game then I can't comment too much on that aspect but it seems from a cursory playthrough that it would be unforgivingly harsh &/or repetitive without cheats &/or on easy mode. Suggestion: as with your other games, consider the main plot ending at day 22 but allowing the game's relationship development aspect to be continued on past that point.

Dehlaz

Aug 27, 2018
For how complex the game is, there's a lot of information that could be clearer to the player. I'd like to be able to bring up the menu and get a detailed rundown of what all the stats do. I've figured out some of them myself but to be frank I forgot what the social stats did a while after them being introduced and I probably forgot a few others. It can get a bit hard to remember after grinding out lots of money.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I just released patch 0.1.3 which fixes a few bugs, particularly for the people playing on the Story mode. If you kept being forced to go back to the main menu, try this patch and see if the problem is fixed.

@thunderrob If you're still interested in playing on the Story mode, could you try if patch 0.1.3 fixes the problem you were having? I found that if you did not press spacebar to remove the daily 500G reward message (at the start of each day) before going away to train at the hospital or the massage parlor or something, that causes the bug you described for me

Camel

Jun 8, 2017
as always, big fan of your games, not much for the card game itself but i do like the characters and the development between them

lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
One small issue I noticed is the Futa aspect when showing scenes there is no Penile aspect showing it is female graphics only. Until certain scenes where you are completely naked then the Futa aspect does show. I get exceptions when using Str boosting cards in battle as well but not a real big problem since rolling back, and avoiding those cards stop exception.

Rudrig

Apr 23, 2018
Somehow during the (recent contents) final battle with Despair a card image get stuck on the upper right corner of the window and even trough saves dont disappear. How could that be fixed? I can't see the stats-relationship-inventory icons.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
sorry..still boots to menu...completely fresh install of the newest ...i wish there was a traceback error i could give you..but its just a boot to menu...i really want to play story mode because i hate card games but i like you style..LOL

lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
Try going into another battle and it should go away I got that bug until next battle. There was also another post in here same issue.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Somehow during the (recent contents) final battle with Despair a card image get stuck on the upper right corner of the window and even trough saves dont disappear. How could that be fixed? I can't see the stats-relationship-inventory icons.
Which version of the game are you using? Because I thought I fixed that bug already. The way to fix it in the game itself is to simply start a random battle in Bright World and finish that battle. The card should automatically be hidden after the battle. Hopefully that helps

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
sorry..still boots to menu...completely fresh install of the newest ...i wish there was a traceback error i could give you..but its just a boot to menu...i really want to play story mode because i hate card games but i like you style..LOL
Did you create a new save? I'm afraid the patch only prevents the bug from appearing, it doesn't fix already bugged save files. If you want your save file fixed, send it to me and I'll fix it for you

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
One small issue I noticed is the Futa aspect when showing scenes there is no Penile aspect showing it is female graphics only. Until certain scenes where you are completely naked then the Futa aspect does show. I get exceptions when using Str boosting cards in battle as well but not a real big problem since rolling back, and avoiding those cards stop exception.
The futa-female thing is sort of true. When the genitals are sort of hidden in shadow or when the camera doesn't show the genitals, I didn't add images for both futa and female player character to avoid the file size of the game from becoming too big. I hope it didn't bother you too much. I didn't really think people would notice it.

As for the Strength boosting cards, I'll look into why they crash the game. Because that obviously shouldn't happen. Luckily there aren't too many of those

lucky65

Aug 15, 2018
No problem was not sure if intentional to save file size or not. Thanks on STR boost card crashes too.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i had no save file..i had thoroughly removed the game and anything related to it from my system..i did a truly fresh clean install with todays update

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes