VN Ren'Py Abandoned Bright Sun's Card Adventure [v0.2] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
i guess i'm just broken..using the script file you provided i still get booted to menu..i'm going to uninstall and reinstall the complete game and not touch the cheat menu...HAHAAAAAA...i just wanted more money to buy shiny things for the dames.. :p
If you use the script file I gave you you still get kicked back to the menu? It fixed your save file on my PC, but maybe reinstalling the game will work for you. I haven't heard anyone else report this bug so I don't know widespread it is. The cheat menu should be save to use though, I doubt that's what's causing the issue. You are almost at the end of the game though I think (at least with Julia's and Daiy's storyline). Did the game initially work correctly or was the problem there from the start?

Also, you can try the save file I attached to this post. It's the save file you uploaded with my fix already applied. Maybe this way it will work better?

Reactions: ThunderRob

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
reinstall cheat free still being booted to menu..LOL..maybe i'm too old to play games and should be in my back yard shouting at people to get off my lawn :/

Reactions: Moria

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
reinstall cheat free still being booted to menu..LOL..maybe i'm too old to play games and should be in my back yard shouting at people to get off my lawn :/
If this fixed save file above also doesn't work, you might just have to restart the game. Hopefully the save file will work for you though as you were already quite far into the game

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
ok..using the fixed save you posted..i've managed to go 3 days error free so far...crossing fingers it continues
lol..spoke to soon..booted to menu after talking to Daisy :p

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
went into roaming and deleted the bright sun studios data also and am doing a total reinstall
no good..boot to menu...guess i'll give up for now and wait and see if its happening to others or i'm the sole noob at arms here :p

dirheim

Aug 15, 2018
Hi, I really love the game, but I don't understand the time limit, what do I need to do not failing? What use are the books for?

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
'Whoa' in a negative way? Or 'whoa' in a positive way?
For me the girl in pink from the neck down looks great. Her head is definately whoa in a negative way.
That Third and forth preview picture (pool and dildo), her chin is what really sets the face of in a negative way. It's to harsh and to pointy. In the fifth picture where she is taking a bath she actualy looks nice as you dont see the pointyness so much.
I do like how she has reasonably big boobs without going completely overboard.

This is all personal preference of course and in no way intended to bash your work. I am working on my own novel so i know how much time is involved in creating something like this.
If you are willing to change the model (and i understand if its to late) soften/rounder her chin a bit.

EDIT:
PS im stil gonna give it a try though.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Hi, I really love the game, but I don't understand the time limit, what do I need to do not failing? What use are the books for?
The deadline is how many days you have left to find the next memory in Bright World. To go there you need to go the living room and selection the option to go to Bright World. While in Bright World you just have to keep climbing stairs until you meet the boss and after that you need to keep climbing until you reach the memory itself. If you don't do this before the deadline, you will game over. This all assumes you're playing on the Full mode. If you're playing on the Story mode, you automatically go go the boss the first time you go to Bright World and you only have to go there one more time to automatically go the memory

And the books are a way to more quickly train your social stats. So if you're short on time, you might want to use them instead of doing the normal social stat training activities as they will take more time

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
went into roaming and deleted the bright sun studios data also and am doing a total reinstall
no good..boot to menu...guess i'll give up for now and wait and see if its happening to others or i'm the sole noob at arms here :p
This is super odd. Everything you start a new game, you immediately don't do time consuming actions anymore without being thrown back to the main menu? Have you tried playing on Full mode for a while? Maybe this is a bug with the Story mode that I didn't catch (I doubt it, but it's possible)

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i'll try full mode..i wanted to avoid the indepth card playing as i'm senile and cranky..but what i got to play in story mode got me interested enough to suffer from cranky :p

dirheim

Aug 15, 2018
The deadline is how many days you have left to find the next memory in Bright World. To go there you need to go the living room and selection the option to go to Bright World. While in Bright World you just have to keep climbing stairs until you meet the boss and after that you need to keep climbing until you reach the memory itself. If you don't do this before the deadline, you will game over. This all assumes you're playing on the Full mode. If you're playing on the Story mode, you automatically go go the boss the first time you go to Bright World and you only have to go there one more time to automatically go the memory

And the books are a way to more quickly train your social stats. So if you're short on time, you might want to use them instead of doing the normal social stat training activities as they will take more time
I´m playing the full mode, but I've beaten the boss at level 10 and 15 and it is still showing the "days left" message :-(

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I´m playing the full mode, but I've beaten the boss at level 10 and 15 and it is still showing the "days left" message :-(
After beating this boss you still need to retrieve the memory a few floors above the boss (also, the game won't remove the deadline message after you have the memory, but the story will make clear you're done for the current deadline)

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
ok kindly Dev..i've been playing "full" mode for over a half hour now..no issues at all...stable as rock...i guess story mode if fubar o_O

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
ok kindly Dev..i've been playing "full" mode for over a half hour now..no issues at all...stable as rock...i guess story mode if fubar o_O
That's something at least. I'll check some things with how the Story mode is implemented to see where things go wrong. You can either wait for the fix or you can try to enjoy the Full mode of the game instead. I guess that kind of depends on how much the card combat bothers you

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
did find an issue..when you run out of the blue bar mid battle on all your players..you cannot play anymore and are stuck there forever LOL

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Is any way to "revive" a player when its health bar is gone?
If you have a card with the revival effect, yes. Otherwise you'll have to go back home (use a Teleporter item) and sleep in your bed to fully heal everyone in the party

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I'll try it later but i need to say i hope you can keep up with all the games you are working on!

minoan55

Aug 28, 2018
Will definitely give this a whirl over the weekend - have enjoyed all Bright Sun games to date.

Still keeping the faith that "Their Beautiful World - Divinity" will continue at some point.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes