VN Ren'Py Abandoned Bright Sun's Card Adventure [v0.2] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I was right about the game!I loved every second,the card game is quite catchy and sisters are adorable plus the mystery of the story makes me want more.
Im a big SMT fan so the game being like Persona series is a huge plus for me,the only negative is you dont have any P3 songs included(my fave game)i was hoping to unlock Mass Destruction as battle theme :)

PS I'm definitely gonna spread the good word about your game.
I do plan to add P3 songs eventually (even though I personally didn't like that game all that much. I enjoy the tone and characters of P4 and P5 much more). Particularly The Battle For Everyone's Souls is a song I enjoy. But Mass Destruction will probably eventually also be included

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Mac version doesn't work for me.

aaas-iMac:~ aaa$ /Users/aaa/Downloads/BrightSunsCardAdventure.app/Contents/MacOS/BrightSunsCardAdventure ; exit;

Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>

Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]

Could not import renpy.bootstrap. Please ensure you decompressed Ren'Py

correctly, preserving the directory structure.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/Users/aaa/Downloads/BrightSunsCardAdventure.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/autorun/BrightSunsCardAdventure.py", line 198, in <module>

main()

File "/Users/aaa/Downloads/BrightSunsCardAdventure.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/autorun/BrightSunsCardAdventure.py", line 189, in main

import renpy.bootstrap

ImportError: No module named bootstrap

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]​

dirheim

Aug 15, 2018
After playing the game for a while, I must say that this is one of the best adult games I've played, even if it is in an early state. The MC and her sister have clear personalities, playing as trans person was a dream make reality for me, the story is attractive and the card system is really good. There are some things to improve:
  • The mechanic for levelling up attributes, or reading books, is a bit "grinding", it would be cool to have different methods for doing it, or at least events, like improved cleaning to get the opportunity to get both efficiency and kindness, but since this is only version 0.2 it can be forgiven. Also, a progression bar or at least some text remark (like when reading books) could be helpful
  • There are a lot of places like the pool or sauna that would be cool to use for date/hang un with the sisters, but this only happen in scripted events, it could be cool that these were options available after reaching some relationship levels or if the money available (for the bar or the ice cream shop)
  • The deck building and card shop could be improved, it doesn't seem to be an available option to remove/sell/gift cards which are not in use, and filters to select the cards when buying, instead of being random, sometimes I've wanted to improve the "Sophie" side of my deck, and getting the right card was a nightmare. I wouldn't mind paying an extra price for getting the type of card. It's like getting "Magic The Gathering" cards, you could try your luck buying the set or go to eBay to get them.
  • The dungeon crawling can be too easy/hard due to stairs location. There has been times where stairs spawned right in the same room, but other times it took ages to find them.
  • It has been commented by other people, but being able to revisit old scenes would be helpful, at least to remove a ton of
  • And if I could request something from HSCS, a sexshop location to purchase the dildo and help Julia build her collection (or even using them for masturbation) would be great.
Just my 2 cents after playing the game for a while.

Mar 7, 2018
After playing the game for a while, I must say that this is one of the best adult games I've played, even if it is in an early state. The MC and her sister have clear personalities, playing as trans person was a dream make reality for me, the story is attractive and the card system is really good. There are some things to improve:
  • The mechanic for levelling up attributes, or reading books, is a bit "grinding", it would be cool to have different methods for doing it, or at least events, like improved cleaning to get the opportunity to get both efficiency and kindness, but since this is only version 0.2 it can be forgiven. Also, a progression bar or at least some text remark (like when reading books) could be helpful
  • There are a lot of places like the pool or sauna that would be cool to use for date/hang un with the sisters, but this only happen in scripted events, it could be cool that these were options available after reaching some relationship levels or if the money available (for the bar or the ice cream shop)
  • The deck building and card shop could be improved, it doesn't seem to be an available option to remove/sell/gift cards which are not in use, and filters to select the cards when buying, instead of being random, sometimes I've wanted to improve the "Sophie" side of my deck, and getting the right card was a nightmare. I wouldn't mind paying an extra price for getting the type of card. It's like getting "Magic The Gathering" cards, you could try your luck buying the set or go to eBay to get them.
  • The dungeon crawling can be too easy/hard due to stairs location. There has been times where stairs spawned right in the same room, but other times it took ages to find them.
  • It has been commented by other people, but being able to revisit old scenes would be helpful, at least to remove a ton of
  • And if I could request something from HSCS, a sexshop location to purchase the dildo and help Julia build her collection (or even using them for masturbation) would be great.
Just my 2 cents after playing the game for a while.
I play in the story mode, but I agree this is one of the best adult games, especially playing as a futa-woman, I never thought I would like that so much as I did, but I guess I'm usually bothered by the males in most games so now I finally did not have to play a male but still could do some "fun" stuff lol :D

It was a small update but I really like all Daisy stuff so, it was great, hope this game can continue :)

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 96, in script call
    call Hub_Room from _call_Hub_Room
  File "game/hub_livingroom.rpy", line 35, in script call
    call Dungeon_Floor_Generator from _call_Dungeon_Floor_Generator_2
  File "game/dungeon_generator.rpy", line 156, in script call
    call screen Dungeon_Floor(dungeon_floor[first_room])
  File "game/core_battle.rpy", line 20, in script call
    call screen Dungeon_Floor(current_room)
  File "game/core_battle.rpy", line 17, in script call
    call Start_Battle(DeepCopy(enemies[random])) from _call_Start_Battle_3      #Start a battle at the start of the game for testing purposes
  File "game/core_battle.rpy", line 73, in script
    call screen Field                   #Build the UI of the battle system and start the battle. The battle will end when Return() is called
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 517, in __call__
    rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "game/core_battle.rpy", line 143, in Play_Card
    card.Play_Effect()
  File "game/card.rpy", line 23, in Play_Effect
    exec(self.play_effect)
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (<string>, line 1)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 96, in script call
    call Hub_Room from _call_Hub_Room
  File "game/hub_livingroom.rpy", line 35, in script call
    call Dungeon_Floor_Generator from _call_Dungeon_Floor_Generator_2
  File "game/core_battle.rpy", line 17, in script call
    call Start_Battle(DeepCopy(enemies[random])) from _call_Start_Battle_3      #Start a battle at the start of the game for testing purposes
  File "game/core_battle.rpy", line 73, in script
    call screen Field                   #Build the UI of the battle system and start the battle. The battle will end when Return() is called
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1828, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1816, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 177, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 519, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2710, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3451, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 906, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 841, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 308, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0 2-pc\BrightSunsCardAdventure-0.2-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_other.rpy", line 517, in __call__
    rv = self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "game/core_battle.rpy", line 143, in Play_Card
    card.Play_Effect()
  File "game/card.rpy", line 23, in Play_Effect
    exec(self.play_effect)
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (<string>, line 1)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Bright Sun's Card Adventure 0.2
Wed Oct 31 20:10:39 2018

lalok

Oct 15, 2018
Very good game! I like all the girls and think they're amazing, very hot sexy scenes also, i think i liked the ones with Daisy the most but all were great, also fun to be able to play as a futa, never done that before! Can't wait for next version, and thanks.
@saffe if you have save game for all hot sexy scene in this game, can you send me your save folder?

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
As some of you might already be aware, I recently canceled all my in-development projects after feeling that they unfotunately did not provide the financial support I need to keep going. You can read more about it here:

As a developer I'm not going anywhere, but I really felt that I just need a fresh start. And that fresh starts is this:

If there comes a moment where I am in a financially stable enough situation, I might try to finish this game as a surprise one day as I realy did like it. But at the moment that is just no longer possible for me. I hope you'll all understand.

Johnny-Doe

Her Sugar™︎
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 12, 2018
I can see where you're coming from BUT this game didn't even had the time to grow into something bigger and build a fanbase. Its really a shame cause it was a very unique experience and i liked your take on the ccg genre, anyway i wish you luck in your future projects....

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Honestly while i'm sad to see this go I wholly support moving onto a single project. I always hated it when devs tried to spreed themselves too thin.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I can see where you're coming from BUT this game didn't even had the time to grow into something bigger and build a fanbase. Its really a shame cause it was a very unique experience and i liked your take on the ccg genre, anyway i wish you luck in your future projects....
The reception to this game (at least on here) for this game was very good. But I think it's a bit too niche for someone who was already struggling financially. It did receive an update though and it's been out for a month now. That isn't all that long, true. But in that month my Patron support fellow quite a bit instead of growing. That is (at least at the moment) enough for me to say that I didn't think this game was going to provide enough financial support in the near future. Neither version 0.1 or 0.2 of the game provided enough new Patrons to make up for the loss in Patrons that naturally come each month. That wouldn't be so bad if my support was already high enough to support me, but it isn't. I'm still in that awkward stage where everything I put out needs to provide me with new Patrons (or at least how me that future updates might provide them).

Version 0.2 is already partly done though, so I think I might one day continue this. But at the moment I just had to make the difficult decision to go another way. It's not a decision that will be liked, but hopefully my new project will proof that it was a necessary one

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Honestly while i'm sad to see this go I wholly support moving onto a single project. I always hated it when devs tried to spreed themselves too thin.
Now that I look back at it, I realize doing that was a mistake. But there is a (good?) reason developers like myself do it. And that is that it feels necessary to so sometimes.

If you start a project and that doesn't work out financially, you have two options: Piss off your current Patrons (like I just did by canceling my projects) by dropping the game or you can try to create a second game in the hopes that game will be more successful and bring in enough money to support the other project. I've looked into it quite a bit during my research and it's a sad realty that the first month of a game's life is a good indication of how well a game will do. But then what do you do when your games are well liked by those who played them, but they simply aren't played by enough people to earn enough money? That's the situation I got in. But now I hope the difficult decision to cancel my projects in exchange for focusing on a single new one will fix that situation

Reactions: RedPillBlues

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Now that I look back at it, I realize doing that was a mistake. But there is a (good?) reason developers like myself do it. And that is that it feels necessary to so sometimes.
Yea while a second game can bring in more potential patrons I would argue that in most cases it has more negatives then benefits. Even if the game brings in more people you now have to games to work on, and that means double to work, for not even a guaranteed 2x boost in supports. Plus there's a good chance you might even lose supporters because now the game a particular patron might be supporting for takes twice as long to support.

I've looked into it quite a bit during my research and it's a sad realty that the first month of a game's life is a good indication of how well a game will do. But then what do you do when your games are well liked by those who played them, but they simply aren't played by enough people to earn enough money? That's the situation I got in. But now I hope the difficult decision to cancel my projects in exchange for focusing on a single new one will fix that situation
I agree and disagree. It is a good indication of how well you game will, if you gain 100 Patrons in one month then you know you've done something good/got lucky; that's all it is though, an indication. I have seen a lot of devs make small improvements for months, but through sticking with it they now make five digits monthly. I've also seen devs make absolutely nothing then just blow up out of nowhere.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Yea while a second game can bring in more potential patrons I would argue that in most cases it has more negatives then benefits. Even if the game brings in more people you now have to games to work on, and that means double to work, for not even a guaranteed 2x boost in supports. Plus there's a good chance you might even lose supporters because now the game a particular patron might be supporting for takes twice as long to support.

I agree and disagree. It is a good indication of how well you game will, if you gain 100 Patrons in one month then you know you've done something good/got lucky; that's all it is though, an indication. I have seen a lot of devs make small improvements for months, but through sticking with it they now make five digits monthly. I've also seen devs make absolutely nothing then just blow up out of nowhere.
Do you have any actual examples of such developers? Because I'm actually interested in that. I've looked at dozens of games and their Patron growth through websites like Grapheon. And from the ones that I saw (games that are at least decently popular) not single one started out as a project that didn't have much support. I'm sure it's possible, but I just haven't found any examples. Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong games?

Either way, uncertainty is your enemy in this case. You have to make a choice: After seeing that a game isn't successful, you can keep developing it for months in the hopes that it will one day catch fire and give you support (which is what I did for Blooming Love, from version 0.1 to version 0.16 that game didn't bring in enough money, but each month I kept hoping something would change). But if that doesn't work, you've just spend several months on a project that wasn't worth it. As a developer, that's a very difficult decision to make when you're not in a position where you can risk not brining in enough money for several months in a row

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Do you have any actual examples of such developers? Because I'm actually interested in that. I've looked at dozens of games and their Patron growth through websites like Grapheon. And from the ones that I saw (games that are at least decently popular) not single one started out as a project that didn't have much support. I'm sure it's possible, but I just haven't found any examples. Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong games?

Either way, uncertainty is your enemy in this case. You have to make a choice: After seeing that a game isn't successful, you can keep developing it for months in the hopes that it will one day catch fire and give you support (which is what I did for Blooming Love, from version 0.1 to version 0.16 that game didn't bring in enough money, but each month I kept hoping something would change). But if that doesn't work, you've just spend several months on a project that wasn't worth it. As a developer, that's a very difficult decision to make when you're not in a position where you can risk not brining in enough money for several months in a row
What all do you do to get your games known? Twitter and other sites is a good way to reach people and even make youtube vids showing stuff.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
What all do you do to get your games known? Twitter and other sites is a good way to reach people and even make youtube vids showing stuff.
I mostly try to stay active on here as most developers agree that a large portion of players come from here or similar websites. I'll put my new game on only porn game websites (where some games gets over a million views per website, so that's definitely worth it).

Youtube and Twitter are more risky though. Both of them are against nudity I think. And if I uploaded my own videos of my own game to Youtube, I'd have to make very clear they are promotional videos in order not to break the law. And I just don't think you can show anything exciting if you can't show sex or nudity.

As for Twitter... I have to admit I'm not very experienced with it. I don't even have a Twitter account. But isn't the point of Twitter that you already have a following before you start tweeting stuff? Otherwise you're just tweeting/promoting your game at no one. You can use #s, but if not many people know about your game, I doubt that would do much. But again, I'm a Twitter newbie. So maybe I just dont fully understand how promoting through Twitter would work

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Wild life for one, in his early days he didn't make anything in like his first year, if I remember correctly. Fek blew up at one point, but at the time he did he already had a pretty good following. Palmer blew up (Still to this day don't understand why). Vaultman did, RIP him btw. Bonergames, fuck their DRM. There's a few more I cant quite remember.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Wild life for one, in his early days he didn't make anything in like his first year, if I remember correctly. Fek blew up at one point, but at the time he did he already had a pretty good following. Palmer blew up (Still to this day don't understand why). Vaultman did, RIP him btw. Bonergames, fuck their DRM. There's a few more I cant quite remember.
I'll check them out to see when/how they got popular (maybe I can find a trend). As for Palmer, there is a simply reason he got popular. He made the choice to use an unconventional engine that allowed him to put his games online on porn game websites. Almost every one of them has Palmer's game listed a top ranking one. I'm pretty sure that's how he intially got popular. The same thing also helped Mifly City (I've found several online demos of it that have ridiculous view/play counts) rise to immense popularity. But in both cases quality also helped of course

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I'll check them out to see when/how they got popular (maybe I can find a trend). As for Palmer, there is a simply reason he got popular. He made the choice to use an unconventional engine that allowed him to put his games online on porn game websites. Almost every one of them has Palmer's game listed a top ranking one. I'm pretty sure that's how he intially got popular. The same thing also helped Mifly City (I've found several online demos of it that have ridiculous view/play counts) rise to immense popularity. But in both cases quality also helped of course
Well I can tell you Wild life blew up because that's when he finally released his first game build. The not understanding of Palmer was more of a slight jab at him, since i'm not a fan of his games, rather then not understanding.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes