3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
(cross posted from patreon)

Update time!

A successful week this time. I’ve implemented the city story and related minigame, including all of it’s now completed art. It turned out rather well! I’m still working on its ending segment, and as you can see from the work in progress gif, I still have some polish to add to it (At the very least I want that ball rotating and its trajectory slightly randomized). But the bones are there and they are solid. I expect the whole thing should be done early this week.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This was a fun diversion, but next week I’m back to writing. Jess and Eves dates are progressing well, Kat continues to cause trouble (as she would!) but I’ll have her date wrangled and in shipping shape soon enough. Once that happens, I’ll get the art department going on Kat’s date reward image which should be the last art asset needed for this version!

That’s it, short updates when things are on track :) I still expect the version to be ready around late August, Early September.

Have a great week!

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017

Update time!

This started out as a fun week. I rather like putting in little polishing touches on scenes. And the city story and minigame I’ve been working on gave me lots of opportunities. From adding sound and text effects, to minor sprite-based animations, to fun dialogue punch ups. It’s been a blast working on it (even if it turned out a bit more involved then I’d planned for). This complex scene is now done and fully implemented into the game.

Unfortunately, near the end of the week I got some rather bad news. I’m not going to go into the details since it involves some else’s health concerns, but what’s relevant for this update is that it involves the very real possibility that I will have to spend a large chunk of my time in the next month or two as the sole caretaker of a family member while they recover. It’s still not 100% certain this will happen, but if it does it will of course have an impact on my ability to work on the game. I honestly don’t know how much of an impact and for how long right now, so I’ll let you know as soon as I do.

Meanwhile I’ll do as much work as I can on the game before the hammer drops so I’ll be pushing both the Kat and Jess dates writing and implementation. I have a bit of time off work so hopefully I’ll manage to use it to get a bit ahead of schedule. Wyne has already delivered another great background art for Kat’s date. So all that’s left is for Phoenix to add the characters on top and the art side for this version will be done.

Have a great week!

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017

Update time!

A productive week this time. I’ve had some time to tackle Kat’s third date. It’s been through a few iterations now but I think I finally have it where I like it. There’s still a lot of work to be done on it, but the overall structure is finally stable. I’ve also gotten more writing done on Jess’s third date. It’s about a third of the way done, with the plan being to finish writing and put it completely in the game by next week.

Phoenix has delivered early sketches for Kat’s date reward image. It’s looking real nice and reflects Kat's… unique personality. When that art is done I already have more tasks lined up for her that should speed up the next version. But more on that when it becomes relevant…

Now let’s talk schedule, we have a complicated good news bad news situation here. As mentioned in the last update, there’s a family medical issue that may require my undivided attention in the near future. It’s looking like it won’t hit before the planned release date (hopefully) but regardless I’ll keep you posted since if it doesn’t impact this version, it’ll impact the next. On the up side, recruitment efforts in my day job have finally paid off. I still have to spend some time training up the new hire but after that I’ll finally have some support at work. That means I should be less of a tired useless zombie at the end of the work day, which means going back to a more regular production schedule for Body Language. The last few months have been slow going which has been frustrating for me and I assume also for you, there’s still a couple of months until things stabilize, but there’s finally light at the end of that tunnel and I’m super happy about that :) Thank you again for your continued support. It really does mean a lot.

Have a great week!

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017

Update time!

Let’s get the medical bullshit out of the way first. So, last week was rather difficult. First off, thanks to all of you that sent well wishes. Surgery went well and my mom is recovering on schedule. It’s looking like the worst of it is behind us. I’ve been taking care of her most of the week, but now she’s good enough to continue on her own and I’m back to a relatively sane work schedule. Naturally, that struck me as the right time to get my vaccine booster, so I’ve spent today under the weather and complaining like any man with a mild flu. But I’ve been assured by my wife that I will, in fact, survive this :)

Now back to actual game talk! I’ve been doing some more writing on Jess’s date this week whenever I could, but as was expected I’ve fallen a bit behind schedule. I still have editing and implementation to go on that date, as well as the other two girls dates. As a result it’s looking like I’ll have to push back the release date towards mid-late September. As usual, I’ll update you as soon as I have a more accurate date set.

Have a great week!

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017

Update time!

Things are looking up! I finally had a regular dev week with no work complications, medical emergencies, production servers on fire or visiting in laws. I swear these last few months have been cursed. I got my writing tasks this week done on schedule. I now have a version of Jess’s date that I’m happy with. And there’s a local holiday coming up which should mean more dev time then usual. So I’m optimistic about keeping that mid-late September release date.

Next week will be focused mostly on implementing that Jess date into the game and doing writing tasks for Eve’s date. I’ve also started laying down some ground work for the next version which will be a bit different and will require some close work between myself and the art team. So, the quicker I can get on that (without delaying the current version any further) the better.

Here’s hoping this is the start of a good streak, it’s about damn time for one.

Have a great week!

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Update time!

Short update this week since I’m happy to report everything is again on schedule and going well! Jess’s date is making its way into the game and Eve’s date is shaping up nicely too. There’s still a lot of work ahead but with local holidays adding a couple of days of game dev in the next two weeks, I’m hoping to get a bughunt version out to patrons on the 24th. With a public release following shortly (assuming no major bugs turn up). As usual, I’ll let you know if this date needs to change, but it’s looking like a reasonable release target right now.

Have a great week!

Reactions: sexypeanut

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017

Update time!

Another short “on track” update as I’ve been moving everything in place towards the upcoming release. Jess’s date is practically done with only minor tweaks left to add. Eve’s is going to be the focus for next week and Kat’s will follow after that. That being said, I had to rearrange the work schedule a little bit so the beta release is now scheduled for the 28th with the public release scheduled for the 1st of October. As usual these dates are somewhat fluid so I will keep updating you as release approaches and I get better clarity on the schedule.

I’m rather happy with the way Jess’s date turned out and the art Phoenix made for it is frankly one of her best so far. My goal with these third dates is to bring out each characters unique personality through, among other things, the way the behave in the bedroom. As usual, I’m always looking for feedback on these kinds of attempts, so please feel free and encouraged to send me a message or a review with your take on it when it’s (finally!) released.

Have a great week!

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017

Update time!

This week was… difficult. As evidenced by me posting this in what is (for me) 3 in the morning. I’ve finally finished implementing Jess’s date, adding it to the done pile. When I realized I introduced a large bug some time during development. I won’t bore you with the tech talk but the jist of it was, under somewhat common circumstances, all buttons in the game stopped working. This obviously shot right up to the head of my to do list and ate up several precious dev hours. The good news is that I’ve now (literally just now) fixed the damn thing through a combination of Unity scene setting fiddliness and finding where code for the mini game was interacting badly with other click handling code.

Now, While I’ll do my best to reach the already much delayed release date, this unexpected hurdle will make it harder. My plan right now is to make use of two vacation days I have coming up to push through and finish up the last two dates in time for the beta release. As usual I will keep you all up to date as development continues.

Have a great week!

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Update time!

Short update this week. I was rather busy tinkering away and squashing engine bugs. I’ve found a few unexpected bugs that need to be addressed before the release can happen. Unfortunately, that means I’m going to need to push back the release. The reality is the the game currently isn’t up to my standards of stability. I’m not going to estimate a new release date right now (solving bugs is inherently more varied than writing and implementing content) but I’m working on fixing things as fast as I can. Your patience, and continued support, is very much appreciated.

On a happier note, it seems Chaturbate is now allowing streaming for lewd games, I’ve put Bell Master through their approval process and it has now been cleared for streaming. Seeing my games streamed is always a joy and I’m hoping to see Bell Master get some air time soon.

Have a great week!

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Update time!

Another challenging week here, the good news is that most major bugs have been cleared and both Jess and Eve’s dates are working fine. The bad news is that Kat’s date is still giving me some trouble. However, if all goes to plan, I intend to wrangle it into submission in the next few days. Which should be the last hurdle before this thrice accursed version will finally be ready for release. I’m not promising a concrete date right now, but sometime next weekend seems doable.

That’s it, short update as I’m still deep in it and doing everything possible (on a hobbyist’s stolen time) to push this version forward. May those final bugs die the horrible death they deserve and as always:

Have a great week!

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Body Language 0.3.0 (bughunt) Release!

All right! After a much more than reasonable delay, It’s finally time to release Body Language v 0.3.0! This is a bughunt version, it should be stable enough to play and enjoy, but I’m keeping this release small (and windows only) to collect feedback and bug reports, with a proper full-scale release planned for next week (assuming no major bugs).
Have fun!
Change log:
  • City event – volleyball game
  • Third date for Jess
  • Third date for Eve
  • Third date for Kat
  • Minor training event – bartender
  • Multiple bugs and typos fixed
Link:

Mipmip

Mostly harmless
Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Thanks to DrDerpington s review I took a hard look at the games stat requirement and turns out they were all doubled due to a rather silly mistake on my end! I've updated the game with a quick fix, if you've already played through the game, there's nothing new here. But for new players the experience should flow much better now!

Link:

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
Hey, man!
Just played the latest update. My thoughts:

- Make Space bar advance dialogue
- Make H hide/show the interface (so we can better admire the girls ;))
- Make Left Ctrl speed up dialogue that has already been shown
- Typo at Eve's new date (She guy)
1635116826923.png

- Hohoho, nice!
1635116908537.png

- At Eve's third date...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- Jess' eyes are blue but, at the beach (second date), they became greenish?
- Why did the MC ask Jess about the pill but not the other 2 gals, even if he cummed inside them all?

- Goddamnit, I missed Jess. What a woman!

• Haha
Reactions: Mipmip and omocik
3.70 star(s) 3 Votes