Big Brother Torrid affairs pre-release discussion [locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
i can't encourage you enough to create one (at least) more room in the house : the basement...
Great, now I have to squish my buttons to fit a new room! :p

I actually wanted another room, so it had eight, not seven. I like the idea of a basement, as cliche as it sounds.

I am going to see how much room I have to spare... Or, I could find another location to move the "Home" and "Town" buttons/indicators.

Reactions: Born2game and Xaos

NyuNyu

Oct 8, 2017
be nice if we could cut out eric from the start as a option you know have him as the father who died when you were young you know for variety...........and to save me time and get to the part of me having a Jimmy wango

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
Great, now I have to squish my buttons to fit a new room! :p

I actually wanted another room, so it had eight, not seven. I like the idea of a basement, as cliche as it sounds.

I am going to see how much room I have to spare... Or, I could find another location to move the "Home" and "Town" buttons/indicators.
an that's why my ideas are just ideas, because i don't think about these details enough haha

edit : i just watched the video and i could recommend you to hide the settings, save etc buttons so you can gain space, and make them appear if you press esc for example. as you don't need to have them on screen at all times

Last edited:
Reactions: NoesisAndNoema

Dastardly

Donor
Jun 17, 2017
There is no way that copyright infringement applies here.
If you look over as many 3D games as I do as a proofreader and writer, you'll see that most of the same assets are seen in multiple games. Same bedrooms, Character models, etc.

Just my 2 cents~

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Looks amazing and more proffesional than most of games here. Impressive for sure. I'm really interested about what you said about new renders and how it would become a whole new game. If you could keep quality of renders or surpass them it's on similiar level as BB or even higher cuz of how bad BB become. Really really promising. I can't see it as a mod really

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Depending on how fast I get this money... I may scrap the whole "conversion"... Marketing it as just "mine"...

It will not be difficult to change the story, more, again... Nothing is "set in stone" at the moment. Renders included. However, I did want to help give the "fans" a place that accepts "fan-art", into the game. Which he does not have an interest in doing, it seems.

Reactions: TheonS and Ginji

JohnSmift

Jul 20, 2017
Yeah DS would legitimately be 10x further off in the story if he just used the fanarts made or recruited some of them to his team. Honestly some of the guys like Celtic, WBWBand Funfiction (Sorry if I forgot any of yous I only remember their names) have created entire updates for him, Celtic alone has about 2 updates worth of content atleast. He could really use their stuff and then line it up with how he wants to do his story.
Depending on how fast I get this money... I may scrap the whole "conversion"... Marketing it as just "mine"...

It will not be difficult to change the story, more, again... Nothing is "set in stone" at the moment. Renders included. However, I did want to help give the "fans" a place that accepts "fan-art", into the game. Which he does not have an interest in doing, it seems.

Reactions: Ginji

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
the fact we are version v.0.10.004 explains ds's intensions.the fact he still has nearly 3000 patrons beggars belief.wait until next seduction mod comes out then play.then when torrid affairs is released play it as bb should have been,this is the hope and expectation we have been given with what you have shown thus far

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017

if you need funds to assist in this project i would put it on your patron page and a link on the op

Revo

Jun 18, 2017

ave you consider on putting their faces or some icon on the place they are currently?

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
if you need funds to assist in this project i would put it on your patron page and a link on the op
At the moment, I am letting people dig for that information. It isn't hard to find, here or with google searching. :p (As per the new rules which Patreon has made, and the fact that I don't have anything solid to release yet. When it is actually released, the incest content will not be present. That special version will ONLY be available HERE, at F95zone.com as a non-linked modification to my own game.)

Soon... I have some "free time" to dedicate to this, 100%. I believe my sister siad it should be about two or three weeks for the paperwork to be processed.

I had three Patrions, one for $4, and two for $1... But I had not advertised it, for the same reasons as stated above. I appreciate the donations, but I feel bad that there is nothing solid to offer yet.

Once this core is finished, things will move along faster. This would be a nightmare if I tried to do this the other way around. Filling it with content, then later trying to get it formatted to something desirable. The standard RenPy format just isn't suitable for the type of game this will be.

Plus, I hope that others, if they like this format, will use it for their creations too. It isn't too constrained to "this story only".

Honestly, to a point, it is kind-of like a mixture of "Big Brother", "Glassix" and "Lab Rats", combined.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I really like the premises but I doubt people will copy this mechanic. It's much more complex than others and I doubt many devs here know anything about real development.

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
ave you consider on putting their faces or some icon on the place they are currently?
Yes, those are done, but they have not been coded yet. They require the "schedules" to be coded first. I have to give the characters a location, something to do there and a time to be at the locations. At first, it will be similar to the daily patterns of the original story, with a few exceptions. Everyone kind-of avoids everyone-else in the original story.

My characters will be more interactive. They will avoid you at your location, as a second to last resort, if they don't have interactions with you at your current location and there is something-else that they could be doing. They will interrupt you, if they NEED to occupy your location. (Eg, if you are standing in the bathroom and they are scheduled to use it, booting you out of the bathroom.) They will "Join" you, and/or anyone you are with, if there is a "Quest" or some joint interactions available to do. With a "last resort fallback", being an interruption that is generic, to boot you and the other occupant from the current location, if they have no other place to go.

That being said... They will not be "set in stone" schedules. Some may be, for quests, but not most. They are simply told that they CAN use the bathroom at a certain time-period. They are told to "relax", which could be "reading a book", "using the computer", "watching TV"... etc... It's like ghetto sims. :p

Reactions: Revo

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
I really like the premises but I doubt people will copy this mechanic. It's much more complex than others and I doubt many devs here know anything about real development.
That is why I am trying to make it as simple as possible to modify. I have no problem helping others to learn what they need to do, to use my format. However, in the current state, it is not as ordered as I want it to be. Development never is. The order, from the chaos, will be worked-on after release.

Plus... I have to use this for all my other games. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.