Fan Art Big Brother: Fan Art

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
Ok lads, just a quick opinion from ya. I'm throwing around the idea of making my own little game quietly in the corner. I've been throwing together as many characters as I can as of late and trying to make them somewhat unique. And I'd just like to know if this character is too reminiscent of Alice? View attachment 17047
she looks lovely

FunFiction

Game Developer
Jul 27, 2017

There are a couple more characters of mine here. I've got the character you like saved, so I'll be working on her over the next day or two.
Maybe you would like to create your own thread ?

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Ok lads, just a quick opinion from ya. I'm throwing around the idea of making my own little game quietly in the corner. I've been throwing together as many characters as I can as of late and trying to make them somewhat unique. And I'd just like to know if this character is too reminiscent of Alice? View attachment 17047
Because Alice's hair is very identifiable you could probably get away with it even though the face is very similar, need to see without clothes to be sure

and good luck with the game, anyone who goes into the DAZ/Ren'py game without just trying to milk patreon is great in my book

kqmaverick

Jun 26, 2017
Switch off camera light -headlamp
Unfortunately DAZ Studio still creates a headlamp for any and all cameras you create so you'll also need to select the camera, go to the Parameters tab, and in the Headlamp section set Headlamp Mode to Off. There doesn't seem to be a way to make this the default so you have to remember to do it anytime you create a camera (including if you have Studio set to always create a default camera).

It is a common mistake. Look at my failed render - same mistake - do not mind fingers going through body - another common mistake. And the third common mistake is that characters are not touching ground (or couch, desk or something different) and they are levitating.
View attachment 17074
I figured out my mistake, i was trying to improve my indoor lighting and messed everything up. I went into my render settings and changed f/stop ISO and shutter speed and got a much more realistic picture. I am doing a new render now and it is definitely improved, new settings also are slow as hell i am sitting at 2% converged at 20 minutes in on a 4k render. I may have to render indoor scenes at lower resolution. I will post my results when finished rendering if i don't wind up just cancelling and starting over at a lower res. The clipping and floating is something i am aware of just an attention to detail for me right now, i am spending more time worrying about the quality of the render and less about issues inside it at the moment. I figured once i get the lighting and render settings all figured out i can spend more time getting the assets all perfect.

Reactions: Born2game

goutch

Donor
May 19, 2017
It's funny, i was thinking about this too, my character look too close than your, i need to change now :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
:(

Can you perhaps provide the pre-render data? I might like to take a shot at manipulating that...
Everything needed is in the "let's identify the assets thread". You need the bathroom, the Alice model and the Max model all the info is in there. I can post the scene duf but it wouldn't load for you without all the assets. The lighting used is the light set in the bathroom. The only thing you would need from me is the skin shader settings that I used (I can get them for you if you want them).

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
I figured out my mistake, i was trying to improve my indoor lighting and messed everything up. I went into my render settings and changed f/stop ISO and shutter speed and got a much more realistic picture. I am doing a new render now and it is definitely improved, new settings also are slow as hell i am sitting at 2% converged at 20 minutes in on a 4k render. I may have to render indoor scenes at lower resolution. I will post my results when finished rendering if i don't wind up just cancelling and starting over at a lower res. The clipping and floating is something i am aware of just an attention to detail for me right now, i am spending more time worrying about the quality of the render and less about issues inside it at the moment. I figured once i get the lighting and render settings all figured out i can spend more time getting the assets all perfect.
With Iray the more light the better. Dark scenes will take much longer than very bright scenes.

Reactions: aeonium

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
Everything needed is in the "let's identify the assets thread". You need the bathroom, the Alice model and the Max model all the info is in there. I can post the scene duf but it wouldn't load for you without all the assets. The lighting used is the light set in the bathroom. The only thing you would need from me is the skin shader settings that I used (I can get them for you if you want them).
That should be OK, I just want to do stuff in other locations, anyway.

rocky1905

Jul 18, 2017
You guys are amazing. I have one more idea.
In the morning after lisa takes bath, kira and alice both are in the bathroom. Max can only peek into the bathroom. I think that time max can join them also. It would be too hot.

Reactions: 9della

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016

There are a couple more characters of mine here. I've got the character you like saved, so I'll be working on her over the next day or two.
with the aged beauty, i get the feeling of like late 50s or 60s only the face though, like not because of wrinkles or anything in body type and wrinkles they look late 40s, its more just the structure of the head (put simply looks like they decided to use plastic surgery.) good content. I look forward to seeing what you do. (this isn't a positive or negative criticism btw more just what i observe)

mattius77

May 16, 2017
Don't think she's reminiscent at all. If this is the sort of character design you have in mind, please do go for it!

Reactions: boof59
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes