• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Ren'Py Zenpy - The renpy game translator

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Lordmelvin

Aug 6, 2022
I did the test on both tools, the free one didn't translate everything, then when I translated it on the pro I immediately realized that I had translated it

Reactions: giqui

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
well, using both free and pro, and really in free it didn't pull everything.
But in pro everything was translated.
try it and tell me if it translated
So it's because the version is FREE :unsure:

I don't need to open the game, I just need to check the "strings.json" file

Reactions: Lordmelvin

Yuki-x

Jul 22, 2021
:confused: I'm not sure if I understood correctly from the description....
...Please correct me if I missed/misunderstood something.
The program executes -> communicates with the server -> downloads the real/uptodate program and executes it?
And people are willing to use this? o_O
So, in case the dev gets infected from a malware, or a hacker gets access to his server everyone that uses it will have his system compromised.
And if this is not enough the dev uses enigma protector (paid or hacked ???) to obfuscate the code?
And people will need to disable their antivirus or add it in the exclusions to run it?

Are you guys nuts? ???

Lordmelvin

Aug 6, 2022
And another thing, be careful if you accuse someone of plagiarism, you have to prove it, see!
:confused: I'm not sure if I understood correctly from the description....
...Please correct me if I missed/misunderstood something.
The program executes -> communicates with the server -> downloads the real/uptodate program and executes it?
And people are willing to use this? o_O
So, in case the dev gets infected from a malware, or a hacker gets access to his server everyone that uses it will have his system compromised.
And if this is not enough the dev uses enigma protector (paid or hacked ???) to obfuscate the code?
And people will need to disable their antivirus or add it in the exclusions to run it?

Are you guys nuts? ???
And when I purchased the tool, I didn't have any problems with it! It just made my life easier with the translations

This answer your question?

Returning to answering this, you can see that the tool made a "GET" request for the url, so it did not send any useful data to the server apart from this "q=61" argument which It's an argument just to check if it's a person or a bot sending the request, if you want to monitor more about the connections that the program makes I recommend using an http tracker, you will see that the only connection to the server is this initial one where no sends no data outside this "q=number" argument.
Well, I'll end this here, Zenpy doesn't have any backdoor, it just has a simple auto-update system, where the program is downloaded online. If you are afraid of any program that downloads something online, then don't download zenpy, as it downloads the program online.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
at last....
a person who understands (looking at your message history I can see it)

I already said it from the beginning... but of course since the program is a "clone" of mine they may think that I am "interested"

As I said... the creator of the Software can say whatever he wants... it is everyone's decision to believe it or not.
I remember being accused of "stealing Discord accounts" for obfuscating my code

so...obfuscate+remote server = jail ??? :ROFLMAO:

There is a lot of ignorance and many interests in this thread.
Have you seen this?

Flashtext

Implement " Flashtext " and your programme will be perfect. The big problem at the moment is the lines not extracted by the SDK.

These are two great tools and I think they will reach a consensus on future improvements and reformulations. It's great to have options beyond the method via the SDK.

Deleted member 4812744

Apr 8, 2022
Have you seen this?

Flashtext

Implement " Flashtext " and your programme will be perfect. The big problem at the moment is the lines not extracted by the SDK.

These are two great tools and I think they will reach a consensus on future improvements and reformulations. It's great to have options beyond the method via the SDK.
With all due respect, guiqui... I think you are misunderstanding the situation.
My paid programs have been using flashtext for additional texts for a long time (which Zapo also copied into his paid program)

You don't understand that to get those extra lines... you have to pay

that's the difference between free and paid programs

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
With all due respect, guiqui... I think you are misunderstanding the situation.
My paid programs have been using flashtext for additional texts for a long time (which Zapo also copied into his paid program)

You don't understand that to get those extra lines... you have to pay

that's the difference between free and paid programs
Sorry for my ignorance, I didn't use the paid version. In an attempt to spread the word about game translation options, among other things, I try to stay well informed, but occasionally I miss something

Deleted member 4812744

Apr 8, 2022
Sorry for my ignorance, I didn't use the paid version. In an attempt to spread the word about game translation options, among other things, I try to stay well informed, but occasionally I miss something
Well you already understood it :ROFLMAO:

If you want the extra lines... you have to pay

or use my real-time translator that I'm sure you still have ;)

Free and undervalued

Lordmelvin

Aug 6, 2022
at last....
a person who understands (looking at your message history I can see it)

I already said it from the beginning... but of course since the program is a "clone" of mine they may think that I am "interested"

As I said... the creator of the Software can say whatever he wants... it is everyone's decision to believe it or not.
I remember being accused of "stealing Discord accounts" for obfuscating my code

so...obfuscate+remote server = jail ??? :ROFLMAO:

There is a lot of ignorance and many interests in this thread.
as Zapo mentioned here

Returning to answering this, you can see that the tool made a "GET" request for the url, so it did not send any useful data to the server apart from this "q=61" argument which It's an argument just to check if it's a person or a bot sending the request, if you want to monitor more about the connections that the program makes I recommend using an http tracker, you will see that the only connection to the server is this initial one where no sends no data outside this "q=number" argument.

Good Paloslio, from what I understand it seems like it became something personal for you from the beginning of your first post..
In the request for the translation of the game that you suggested maliciously and biasedly, then after overcoming your translation challenge it turned into a persecution, changing the strategy and defaming the work done here.
Well, I think the following, if the code used is originally yours, then take measures about plagiarism, as it was mentioned that the code used in the tool is open source and is on the website .
What I still don't understand is the persecution side of it.
At first I thought you were just curious but then I realized it became something personal for you.
It's funny that at no point was a reference or comparison to your tool mentioned here in the topic to awaken what I see in your comments and suggestions.
And guys, I use the tool without fear here and it complies with everything mentioned in the reference in the first topic and as Zapo said there the communication there with the server is so that when your tool gets an update there is no need for you to go and have to download it because the tool will update automatically, that's all, but it's like he said, if you want to clear your doubts, do a check on the http mentioned by the friend Paloslio displayed in his post.
Well, I just know that the tool is there for anyone who wants to use it and I recommend it because I'm just here to share my satisfaction.
And I tried to make my comments here on the topic because it bothers me when someone has bad intentions.

with malicious comments.

And Guigi doesn't need to apologize because from what I understand he's a bit uncomfortable, as I mentioned in the comment above, if the codes used in the Zapo tool really are plagiarism and it's his, then he should take appropriate measures revoking his rights to codes.
And to close the matter, I think that here we are all adults with unnecessary speech attacking each other, which is why I still don't understand why Paloslios attacks the topic if no one mentioned his tool here and didn't even have a reference or comparison with his tool .
don't come, no one here talks bad about your tool or criticizes it and there wasn't even a topic about it here, because all of us here have already used it and some still use it but when something innovative appears we give it the chance and join in, it's always Good to freshen your perspectives

Last edited:

Abbys_Cat

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2019
I've been using the tool too, and so far, every game I've tried to translate has been good. I'm using the free version, but I'm planning to buy the paid version soon. It's definitely worth it.

Abbys_Cat

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2019
I have purchased the complete tool and come across Zapo through it. I want to make it clear that my opinion is based on facts and not on any personal friendship. In my view, your tool is limited, weak, outdated, and not worth the price you charge. Please accept the reality instead of falsely accusing someone of plagiarism. As I have already stated, you are not special.
I bought it out of curiosity, and my friend, I don't regret it. It translates in a matter of seconds, never gave me a headache. I really don't understand this guy going crazy out of nowhere, with this delusion that every translation tool is a copy of his.

Reactions: JS ApenasAlguem

Nobre

Mar 12, 2022
Ren'py games hardly work with this outdated tool. Those who try Zenpy won't want to go back.
Based on the videos, his tool seems to be very good, not only translating Ren'Py but also handling other engines that are much more challenging to translate than Ren'Py. If you're saying it's outdated, you probably purchased it just to say that.

JS ApenasAlguem

Aug 31, 2020
Based on the videos, his tool seems to be very good, not only translating Ren'Py but also handling other engines that are much more challenging to translate than Ren'Py. If you're saying it's outdated, you probably purchased it just to say that.
I have purchased the complete tool and come across Zapo through it. I want to make it clear that my opinion is based on facts and not on any personal friendship. In my view, your tool is limited, weak, outdated, and not worth the price you charge. Please accept the reality instead of falsely accusing someone of plagiarism. As I have already stated, you are not special.
Based on everything I've tested with both tools, this is just my opinion, but feel free to form your own conclusions.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
I did the tests and the tool is really AWESOME... Very good! :D

I will now wait for the developer to do something with the same level of excellence for RPG games (y)

Just one question: "If the remote server goes down, will we not be able to translate?" :unsure:

Lordmelvin

Aug 6, 2022
I did the tests and the tool is really AWESOME... Very good! :D

I will now wait for the developer to do something with the same level of excellence for RPG games (y)

Just one question: "If the remote server goes down, will we not be able to translate?" :unsure:
Well, from what Zapo said, if the tool is open and you hear a server crash, it will work fine.
But if you open it when you have some stability on the server, it won't work because the only time it uses the server connection is to start it because at that moment it checks if there are any updates available to update and I think it checks the credentials that authenticate the customer in the professional tool... if I'm not mistaken, but I'm sure he will give you an answer, with more certainty than mine

Reactions: giqui
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes