2.00 star(s) 3 Votes

MichaelAft.

Oct 17, 2018
How do I get all the Mother farida scenes? I've follow the orc story line all the way to the orc gladiator dialogue and then it just stops, i don't know which story line is for the plan scene nore for the other one.

YosalouRe

Jan 23, 2019
How do I get all the Mother farida scenes? I've follow the orc story line all the way to the orc gladiator dialogue and then it just stops, i don't know which story line is for the plan scene nore for the other one.
You're only half-way through the orc war events.

pui pui

May 26, 2018
any hints? i am getting same scenarios everytime. for example how to trigger orc events? or how to unlock bovine cg?

PalmFace

Aug 22, 2017
I´m not really sure how to get more slaves and wives etc. I am on to Duration of 64 now and have only been able to buy one slave. The one marriage proposal I got, had to be declined because accepting it resulted in a game over..

am i doing something wrong?

PoyntFury

The Man With The Need To Breed
Donor
Dec 14, 2017
Okay, after playing the game for about an hour, I'm not a fan. The art is great, and the idea is solid, but the gameplay loop is so unbelievably repetitive that it takes any enjoyment from the game. The glorified balancing act that makes up the main gameplay is honestly just boring. Even when you're letting one group get too near having too much or too little power, there's no real tension.

Personally, I think the gameplay should be reworked into something new, and, if it were me, this is what I'd do. This is of course just my personal take on things, and can be freely ignored.

Rather than gameplay that focuses on faction power, it would focus on faction affection.

The story starts with the player taking over the Sultanate, being assisted by one of the four factions in the game. The faction that assisted the player in their takeover would get a small starting bonus to affection. Affection would be neutral at 30, with the starting bonus setting the faction's affection to 40. At the start of their reign, the player will be given 4 slaves, each of which is affiliated with one of the four factions.

Here's where the gameplay would divulge from the current model. Rather than a loop of talking to a concubine, going to the bazaar, then coming back to the throne room every year, the player would instead be given 10 actions per year, each of which can be used how they like; going to the market to buy slaves and items, talking with slaves/concubines/wives/children, and allocating actions to dealing with the problems within the Sultanate. Dealing with the problems in certain ways will affect faction opinions, albeit at a much smaller scale. (1-2 affection gain/loss per event, rather than 10+ power like it is now.)

Now things get interesting. You see, when you're given the 4 slaves at the start, you're obviously free to do what you want with them. But here's the thing; concubines are trophies that are meant to be shown off. They're a status symbol, and taking good/bad care of them has an effect on the opinions of the faction they belong to, as you're not going to be able to hide a poorly treated slave, especially if you put her next to other girls who are damn near pristine. This applies to all slaves, even the ones you buy in the future.

But why would you care about faction opinions? Well, it's actually quite simple. Every slave you buy at the bazaar comes from somewhere, and whether she's a woman who was captured from another nation in war, or just a simple peasant girl who ended up with too much debt, they all have an affiliation with one of the factions. Why does that matter? Each of the factions will sell you slaves at a certain price based upon how good of a relationship you have with them. At 0, they'll refuse to sell slaves to you, and at 20 and 10, they'll up-charge you significantly.

Here's the other thing; if you die, when your heir takes over, slaves that you treated especially well might just decide that they'd rather stay with your child. In addition, a faction that has a high opinion of the recently deceased Sultan may decide to offer a free slave to the new ruler if the previous slave was sold off.

Again, this is just an idea, but it seems that the current reviews of this game are of a similar mind. The gameplay just isn't captivating or interesting. As pretty as your pictures are, it's the gameplay that keeps people playing after the fap.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Okay, after playing the game for about an hour, I'm not a fan. The art is great, and the idea is solid, but the gameplay loop is so unbelievably repetitive that it takes any enjoyment from the game. The glorified balancing act that makes up the main gameplay is honestly just boring. Even when you're letting one group get too near having too much or too little power, there's no real tension.

Personally, I think the gameplay should be reworked into something new, and, if it were me, this is what I'd do. This is of course just my personal take on things, and can be freely ignored.

Rather than gameplay that focuses on faction power, it would focus on faction affection.

The story starts with the player taking over the Sultanate, being assisted by one of the four factions in the game. The faction that assisted the player in their takeover would get a small starting bonus to affection. Affection would be neutral at 30, with the starting bonus setting the faction's affection to 40. At the start of their reign, the player will be given 4 slaves, each of which is affiliated with one of the four factions.

Here's where the gameplay would divulge from the current model. Rather than a loop of talking to a concubine, going to the bazaar, then coming back to the throne room every year, the player would instead be given 10 actions per year, each of which can be used how they like; going to the market to buy slaves and items, talking with slaves/concubines/wives/children, and allocating actions to dealing with the problems within the Sultanate. Dealing with the problems in certain ways will affect faction opinions, albeit at a much smaller scale. (1-2 affection gain/loss per event, rather than 10+ power like it is now.)

Now things get interesting. You see, when you're given the 4 slaves at the start, you're obviously free to do what you want with them. But here's the thing; concubines are trophies that are meant to be shown off. They're a status symbol, and taking good/bad care of them has an effect on the opinions of the faction they belong to, as you're not going to be able to hide a poorly treated slave, especially if you put her next to other girls who are damn near pristine. This applies to all slaves, even the ones you buy in the future.

But why would you care about faction opinions? Well, it's actually quite simple. Every slave you buy at the bazaar comes from somewhere, and whether she's a woman who was captured from another nation in war, or just a simple peasant girl who ended up with too much debt, they all have an affiliation with one of the factions. Why does that matter? Each of the factions will sell you slaves at a certain price based upon how good of a relationship you have with them. At 0, they'll refuse to sell slaves to you, and at 20 and 10, they'll up-charge you significantly.

Here's the other thing; if you die, when your heir takes over, slaves that you treated especially well might just decide that they'd rather stay with your child. In addition, a faction that has a high opinion of the recently deceased Sultan may decide to offer a free slave to the new ruler if the previous slave was sold off.

Again, this is just an idea, but it seems that the current reviews of this game are of a similar mind. The gameplay just isn't captivating or interesting. As pretty as your pictures are, it's the gameplay that keeps people playing after the fap.
You've never played the mobile game reigns have you? Because that's essentially what this game's trying to emulate, just with some added sexual content stuff.

Reactions: YosalouRe

PoyntFury

Donor
Dec 14, 2017
You've never played the mobile game reigns have you? Because that's essentially what this game's trying to emulate, just with some added sexual content stuff.
I have played reigns, that's one of the reasons I don't like this gameplay.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
I have played reigns, that's one of the reasons I don't like this gameplay.
I mean that's totally fair man. For a mobile game it's really good. Simple mechanics, can invest as much time as you want. For a VN, like this game, I'm not too sure. I enjoyed reigns so I don't mind this. Could it be done better, absolutely. But I doubt the dev's going to redesign it from the ground up. Honestly, it's probably better that way too. Better to follow the KISS method (Keep It Simple, Stupid), than to try and overcomplicate things.

Reactions: YosalouRe

PoyntFury

Donor
Dec 14, 2017
I mean that's totally fair man. For a mobile game it's really good. Simple mechanics, can invest as much time as you want. For a VN, like this game, I'm not too sure. I enjoyed reigns so I don't mind this. Could it be done better, absolutely. But I doubt the dev's going to redesign it from the ground up. Honestly, it's probably better that way too. Better to follow the KISS method (Keep It Simple, Stupid), than to try and overcomplicate things.
I just feel like the current gameplay loop is going to get real old, real fast. Especially once this game has a decent chunk of content. Personally, I think my proposed change would give the player the feeling like they're doing something differently each year, as well as challenging them to properly split their focus in return for more rewards.

As for the dev changing the gameplay. It would be better to bring up criticisms of something so central to the game this early, rather than waiting until they've been using the same gameplay for 2 years.

YosalouRe

Jan 23, 2019

If you fund the game, I'll definitely do it otherwise it gets done on my budget, which means I can only do so much with commissioning art. For instance I want to have all the backgrounds redrawn so each location is unique, but I can't afford it., even with the generous funds people have given me. So I have priorities in what I want to do first. Adding some sort of main storyline is something I would like to do, but how to implement it in a game where the main MC dies, makes that a bit difficult. The same goes for romance options with the characters, once the MC dies do all the romance dialogues return to stage 1 and you have to repeat them again? Or do I write a 6 different dialogue trees and make it random which one is initiated with each new reign?

It would be easier if the MC didn't die at all and instead the reign lasted 50 years, no events repeated, and at the end of your reign you are given an epilogue on how successful your descendants are based on what you did during your reign, along with copious stat screens. Then each concubine, wife and character could have their unique romance trees, there'd be no need for the player to repeat going through them, each play through he could focus on different set of characters to romance. On the other hand, I like the idea of failing and trying to do better. Also the idea of being able to produce a long line of rulers that are your offspring is appealing to me as a CK2 fan. So in other words if I were to remake the game I wouldn't do any of what you suggested, although it is interesting, I would turn it into Princess Maker style game except called Sultan Maker!

Last edited:
2.00 star(s) 3 Votes