ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
anyone know when to expect the next chapter?
Best guess would be late this weekend at the earliest, or sometime next week, depending if Palanto runs into any issues.
@Sierra3 is correct, @raider_manhc, particularly in regard to the fact of whether or not @Palanto runs into any issues (which he did and will explain in a post following this one).

All I can do is ask for you to be patient... it is brewing and will be released soon.

Reactions: DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I'm disappointed, this game is utterly unrealistic.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Kudos to you @ASLPro3D, looking forward for next chapter :)
Now you know why he is the ANTICHRIST and is doomed to go to Hell! :D
Thanks @AnonGuy and, hopefully, you won't have to wait too much longer! :giggle:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
nmp02_0019a.png
UPDATE: The Pleasures and Pains of Adventures… Chapter’s “One” & “Two” – March 4, 2019
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

Using an adjective to describe the first two chapters of our new game “Adventures of a Changed Boy”, I’d have to go with “STEAMY” for “Chapter One” and “MAGICAL” for “Chapter Two”!

Hello everyone and I hope that you had a great weekend and it is time for a current update to how things are going on around here!

Honestly, things are not moving along as smoothly as we wanted for the first release of “Chapter One” to the prologue of “Adventures of a Changed Boy” … and it is sort of my fault… please let me explain:

While creating “Adventures of a Changed Boy”, I created a couple of additional stats that weren’t present in “Wicked Choices: Book One”… such as: “Respect”, “Purity”, “Corruption” and “Magic”… because of that, Palanto has had to go through and change the Framework that we used for “Wicked Choices: Book One” and retroactively add those stats and assign points to those new stats, so that the “Save Files” for “Wicked Choices: Book One” will inject and assign the points and levels correctly for “Adventures of a Changed Boy”.

So, this weekend, Palanto had to go through the entirety of the framework and save file system of “Wicked Choices: Book One” and add those new stats, assign mock points/levels and such so that players who want to import their saves and stuff into the new game won’t suffer crashes or get the dreaded messages of catastrophic failure.

He has also been working on creating a way for players (you) to be able to see those changes while in the new game, so that you can track the “relationships”, “magic” and “purity/corruption” of characters within it for personal tracking… because I’ve been using those “stats” as a means to change up things in the story.

For example:
aoacb02_3_4.png

In “Chapter One” that will be released soon… depending on your choices in that chapter will determine what scenes will be shown between Namiko and Yukio… likewise… also depending on your choices and answers in “Chapter Two” in your conversation with Ráðgríðr as Larsen, (as shown with the seven bottom boxes in the above image of the Twine file) will determine what kind of outfit Ráðgríðr will choose to wear and will also determine the animated sex scene you will get… or if you even get one at all.

In short… because I am making the game so dependent on the choices you make, based on these new stats, in the framework of the NEW GAME it became important and necessary for Palanto to add them in RETROACTIVELY and adjust people’s save files, so that saves work correctly and we don’t get game crashing bugs when it calls for a stat that wasn’t present before.

So, the additional time (and frustration) that Palanto is taking and experiencing is, really, my fault.

I’m sorry. *sigh*

In my defense, I just wanted to create a means in which that the game and the story (as well as the art and animation) would change depending on your choices in each playthrough… that the relationships that you had or forged with characters in the game (or their purity/corruption level) would matter and affect what gets unlocked, revealed or what kind of sexual experience you can have with that character at a given point of the story.

I apologize for the extra time that it is taking, for the frustration that I am causing you and Palanto and he tells me, he hopes to have some beta test it sometime in a couple of days, with the game to be released quickly after.

I will keep everyone updated and, again, I apologize for the frustrations that I’ve caused by adding additional hooks or whatever they are called to the game (I am not a programmer), but I hope that you’ll enjoy the benefits of me having added them in.

Sorry,
~Jack

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Ah well Jack it is better to frustrate us for delivering a better game as many other options, but yeah I remember that the fact that Renpy does not like new stats and that those have to be updated manually with every update was a big reason Palanto was an advocate to do ACAOB not in Renpy but in RPGM instead. So by already adding those in the prologue you did make his life a bit harder. :p

Gogogo Palanto.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Ah well Jack it is better to frustrate us for delivering a better game as many other options, but yeah I remember that the fact that Renpy does not like new stats and that those have to be updated manually with every update was a big reason Palanto was an advocate to do ACAOB not in Renpy but in RPGM instead. So by already adding those in the prologue you did make his life a bit harder. :p

Gogogo Palanto.
Yeah, I sort of screwed the pooch on this. *sigh*

To make matters worse, we never seriously thought that we'd be doing another Ren'Py game... it was our intent to just dive right into RPGM... but I felt it was taking too much time and didn't want to have people waiting long for another release from us, so I came up with the idea of the Prologue to introduce all of the new characters, conspiracies and situations in the interim...

...a good plan that keeps money coming in and supporters happy, but screwed things massively up with Palanto and our plans to just introduce those new stats in a different framework.

My bad. :cry:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, I sort of screwed the pooch on this. *sigh*

To make matters worse, we never seriously thought that we'd be doing another Ren'Py game... it was our intent to just dive right into RPGM... but I felt it was taking too much time and didn't want to have people waiting long for another release from us, so I came up with the idea of the Prologue to introduce all of the new characters, conspiracies and situations in the interim...

...a good plan that keeps money coming in and supporters happy, but screwed things massively up with Palanto and our plans to just introduce those new stats in a different framework.

My bad. :cry:
Well you live and learn Jack and at least you made the mistake out of the best intentions and enthusiasm, but it might indeed have been better to have made the introductions purely standalone instead of tieing them in with both games. Well at least now you know if ever want to do something like this again in the future, so you will be better able to judge if the extra work it involves is worth it.:p

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well you live and learn Jack and at least you made the mistake out of the best intentions and enthusiasm, but it might indeed have been better to have made the introductions purely standalone instead of tying them in with both games. Well at least now you know if ever want to do something like this again in the future, so you will be better able to judge if the extra work it involves is worth it.:p
Yes, this is true... or at least make sure I have more help for Palanto. :sneaky:

Reactions: DA22

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
They will in the new side

There will be animations in the new side game that will start soon.

Honestly, I really don't know what a vacation is... I haven't had one since I was 15 or 16 years old with the family (some 35+ years now)... for me, a vacation is a period in which I need to rest and heal my body after neck or back surgeries (have had 5 so far)... other than that, can't get my brain to turn off long enough to "relax", so just work.

But, it sounded good.

I, too am hoping that support will be good, if only to grow and expand the things we want to do for everyone and bring more help onboard with us. I still have a sequel novel to "Ebon Knights: Knights Fall" to finish writing, so freeing up a little time to also work on that while working on the game would be nice. :)

No animations were added to "Wicked Choices: Book One", but as @DA22 said, there will be in our next game which will be released soon.

I have to agree with this... for me, a game doesn't have to have animation in it for me enjoy it and sometimes (having seen some animation in some of the games out there) they would be better off without it in them.

Animation takes a crapload of time to do RIGHT... I think I did OK with the animation in our new game, but will wait to hear what others think... but, yeah, I wanted to do things a little more "cinematic" with the camera shots and stuff in our animation...

We'll see what people have to say after seeing it... if they think it is crap, well, I will GLADLY skip that part of the job and stop doing it once the "Adventures of a Changed Boy" Prologue is complete.
oki then, thx for answers
:)

Reactions: ASLPro3D

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
For myself I wouldn't like it if the prologs where only separate stories without an impact to the main stories.
And as long as your Patreons are happy and the you can outsource the coding work, you have more time for teasing:p:p

Shouldn't have said that, Jack go and help Palanto with his work, so that you can't brag with your new renders. Use the time to do more renders instead on rub the ones you have in our nose:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So, I go back in sleep mode and used the time to do some really importend stuff. Can someone recommend a game for the mean time?:devilish:

Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
For myself I wouldn't like it if the prologs where only separate stories without an impact to the main stories.
And as long as your Patreons are happy and the you can outsource the coding work, you have more time for teasing:p:p

Shouldn't have said that, Jack go and help Palanto with his work, so that you can't brag with your new renders. Use the time to do more renders instead on rub the ones you have in our nose:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

So, I go back in sleep mode and used the time to do some really importend stuff. Can someone recommend a game for the mean time?:devilish:
Ugh... I wish I could help Palanto, but the truth is, I couldn't program my way out of a wet paper sack... whenever he starts talking about programming stuff, my eyes just sort of glaze over, I look like a stroke victim... and I'd probably make more work for him than help. *sigh*

So just going to keep working on the next chapter and let him figure things out... and talk with him about possibly getting him some help or something, if we can find a way to afford it.

(edited to reflect CORRECTLY that it should've been COULDN'T instead of COULD program... *sigh*)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
No worries Jack, we do have some patience and do understand Palanto also has personal and work obligations. It will be available when it is ready.(y)
Well, I look at it this way, gives me more time to pack more goodness in "Chapter Two"! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: c3p0
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes