• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
From what I read is, that he has he's own fuck ton of work to care beside WC and propaply work's like the old saying: A day has 24h and if a day is not enough you can always add the night to it...

But seriously, it would be nice if he could have a pause and could enjoy himself. I doesn't think that such workload is healty on long terms, so hope he is doing right.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
From what I read is, that he has he's own fuck ton of work to care beside WC and propaply work's like the old saying: A day has 24h and if a day is not enough you can always add the night to it...

But seriously would be nice if he could have a pause and could enjoy himself. I doesn't think that such workload is healty on long terms, so hope he is doing right.
I completely agree with you on that @c3p0 . Stretching yourself is good, stressing to much is not and yeah I think the fact Palanto is extremely busy atm is a given. Well from our side we can only have some patience and not put further pressure on. :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
When I was playing this game types, I would like to enjoy the moments I build my empire, before I have to destroy every enemy on my map to win. Usually the PC was killing me first, not short after I has set out to my quest...:D
Then I've change my attention to the city builder games;)

But before the internet was wide available the haven't had this insulting business idea to sell half finish beta version or have their beta access tied to buy the game in advance or even to have some ridiculous DLC that is available since day 0 of the game release and is an integral part of the main game......:mad:

If I would set the same scale from such a game on WC I'm sure I would nearly wet myself laughing::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
  • Lynara obvious would be a lock char, most likely with the whole story about her side
  • loading time would be about 3times greater
  • also obvious we would must install a virus *äh* rootkit *äh* copy protection system that requires always internet connection for *very* *impotent* reasons
  • of course each translation would also be a DLC
  • and we would have the game without proper grammar and to compensate it the erros would be much more
  • also the scene that was block before the gold master release would't be a bug, but another DLC
So I'm going to sleep workday today was hell, so please don't kill me in my sleep for my evil ideas:LOL::LOL::LOL:

And Jack, of course, @DA22 and I always have the chair (and the rope or chain) ready for an unrestricted working environment:oops:
Yeah, I really hate the way that some game companies try and bilk more money out of their fans, through DLC and microtransactions... particularly for content and crap that should've been in the game to begin with.

To be honest, I haven't played a video game since I started "Wicked Choices: Book One"... and never finished "Assassin's Creed: Origins" which is the last game I purchased and played... I even skipped Red Dead Redemption 2. I just no longer have the time and would rather spend what time I have trying to focus on our own game, make it better and get more support...

And, while I LOVED Diablo, I never played the second one, because I did some work with a 3rd party company that was helping with that game... by the time I was finished working on my little part (which was an exercise in frustration), I had no interest in playing the game... so, yeah, just haven't picked up my PlayStation or Xbox One controller in over a year, except to use it (my Xbox) to watch Netflix, Crunchyroll, Funimation or rent/buy movies to watch, during the brief period of time (2 hours) I get to spend with the wife, before she goes to bed.

Since starting "Wicked Choices" my life has taken a turn from "big time gamer" to "ABSOLUTELY BORING OLD F*CK".

Although, I do very much have my eyes on Cyberpunk 2077 and DO intend to get that game.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Trust my experience EA is not as evil as it seems. Unpopular opinion, I know. But trust me ;) Bioware failures, especially Anthem, is all Bioware mistake. They had 8 years to ship it.

When making a product its always Money Spend on Product vs ROI. Video game don't escape that capitalist view!
@DA22 is correct, I am indeed thinking more along the lines of Dragon Age... I actually enjoyed that game and storyline much more than Mass Effect and was certainly much more invested in it till EA got their hands on it.

Also, to be brutally honest, the mad rush of unfinished crap that BioWare has been forced to dish out to players to stick to EA's release schedule and timeline (Mass Effect: Andromeda for example), has me pretty much unwilling and not interested in Anthem or any other further titles from BioWare.

Yeah, I believe that EA has gotten better in some things and their business practices... however, I don't forget or forgive easily and I can't help having my first thought being: "Oh, they're now owned by EA... guess they're going to suck now..." whenever I hear a company is absorbed under the EA banner...

...in my opinion, if you are purchased or come under the EA banner, your job force is cut in half (but your workload isn't), demands are greater... expect a lot of poor decisions to be forced upon you and expect your company and game title to die.

BioWare is a perfect example of how that formula from the early '90's hasn't changed much at all when it comes to EA. ;)

Reactions: Wyrme and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I think Jack is thinking more of things like making Dragon Age an action adventure game instead of a CRPG and focusing on multiplayer, after EA took Bioware over, same happened with ME franchise instead of the great group dynamics and stories Bioware used to be known for in their long run of great games.

By the way how is Palanto doing? Been quite a while since I saw him around here or in other games on this forum.
@Palanto has been massively buried under a SHIT-TON of work... he is now free from the security job that had him working 12-14 hour shifts 6 days a week and has started his new I.T. job, which has better hours for him, better pay... but, doesn't allow him to work on our game while he is at work, like he was able to do while sitting in a guard post working security.

So, he is trying to adjust to the new job and fitting in there, spending time with his family (which he hasn't been able to do for the last year) and also find time to work on our own game...

But, yeah... he hasn't had much time to come into the threads here, catch up and visit with everyone (or with me very much), has had his hands full dealing with job changes, family issues that needed to be addressed and putting up with me and my "Hey, I got a great idea for the game..." moments!

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
@Palanto has been massively buried under a SHIT-TON of work... he is now free from the security job that had him working 12-14 hour shifts 6 days a week and has started his new I.T. job, which has better hours for him, better pay... but, doesn't allow him to work on our game while he is at work, like he was able to do while sitting in a guard post working security.

So, he is trying to adjust to the new job and fitting in there, spending time with his family (which he hasn't been able to do for the last year) and also find time to work on our own game...

But, yeah... he hasn't had much time to come into the threads here, catch up and visit with everyone (or with me very much), has had his hands full dealing with job changes, family issues that needed to be addressed and putting up with me and my "Hey, I got a great idea for the game..." moments!
Say our best wish to @Palanto if you see him next time. We all know, that RL can and, hopefully only from time to time, will fuck you quite up, but what can we do...

So Palanto should sort out, if possible, RL and WC have time. No need to rush someting out or drain Palanto out with WC, if he have already a hard time. As sad as it is, even I can wait for the next release a little longer;)

And Jack, you must watch out for him or your best coding work horse will goes other ways:p:LOL::devilish:

@ The "normal" video gaming industrie: I really dislike some of their behavour about release schedules. Why rush a game out and annoying your paying customers if it could be solve with some additional weeks of work?
My highlight from EA/Bioware was DAII: I do know that is a lot of work to have all house different to each other and so on, and sure can understand if some similarities are between them. But only have on fucking house and all that differs are is which door is block and shiich not?!?

Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah also give my regards and best wishes to Palanto and hope it will all come together for him and will be more balanced for him soon.

Reactions: c3p0 and ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yes, most certainly will pass along your wishes to him when I hear from him next (hopefully soon)... and yeah, I certainly want to keep him around, as without him, honestly, there won't be a game and I would have to close up shop... as I can't program, hell, I am stretched so thin right now with the wife no longer working on this, that if Palanto bailed, I would have to quit... simply because I can't do all of this myself and certainly not on the scale that I've been doing it. :(

So, yeah, I really need him and want to keep him around.

Reactions: DA22 and c3p0

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I won't get into fights but I'll state something : People talk about shit they don't know, based on preconceived opinions and not facts or the actual reality.
For example, Bioware was purchased in 2007. Dragon Age 1 (Origins) was publish in 2009. So your point that EA ruined the franchise is proven wrong :)

Bioware was fully independent for their dev cycle until they started to fuckup. ME:A is one example where they fucked up on their own and had to release as they were in development since 2012 (5 years of development cost a lot).

Anthem was in development since 2011. If Anthem sucks, clearly not EA fault as they had all the time in the world. And trust me, they shot themselves in the foot with that game. More than once.

Sadly the games that sold well in the year 2000 doesn't sell quite as much (even when it releases with good quality). That's not what kids and teenagers wants, and they represent the core market.
Again, an opinion, not fact.
Sure the old EA under Riccitiello was like that. Under Wilson, way more independence of decisions.

Anyway, I won't loose time in this thread trying to explain. I am fed-up having to do this rodeo of explanation all the time.

Good luck.
Dumb question on my side: Why should your opinion weight more than his or mine?:p And if you say that are fact, word alone are not enough for this statement:whistle:

Also development of game is most time long [=year(s)], so DA1 could be also be "Biowares" DA1 as EA doesn't want to change someting in the middle of is development process - my opinion.

I don't have a big opinion about EA or any other studios or company, my mind is quiet limited at best and I'm happy enough, if I know when and why I like a game or not.;)

And as I know myself enough I don't really like the every year new sports series, regardless if they are from EA or another one, but as EA publishes a lot of them....
Also form a customer point of view, I don't see why I should buy every year the new *insert your sport here* game. What changes most are the player, so last year club x had player a now club y has player b. That could also be done with a DLC that cost less than a full game, and the game release cycle could then only depend on new features or improvment over the last one.
Would bring new options for the customers:
  • Happy with the old game, old player/clubs/... don't buy anything
  • Happy with the old game, but like to have the current clubs and player, buy the DLC for this
  • Like the new game because they have feature X in it that is so phenomenal, buy the new game
But this is for a lot of (sports) games, even racer could be like this.

To much off-topic in this thread and I'm not better than all the other. Jack either a next teaser or the game otherwise we will end and discuss all the other stuff like physics, mathematics, religion or politics or the weather in this thread.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Although we've already spocken about politcs, wheather or religion in here, so:unsure:

Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I hope he finds good balance! You and him seems to work well together!
I hope he does too... because I can't do this on my own or without him.

I won't get into fights but I'll state something : People talk about shit they don't know, based on preconceived opinions and not facts or the actual reality.
For example, Bioware was purchased in 2007. Dragon Age 1 (Origins) was publish in 2009. So your point that EA ruined the franchise is proven wrong :)

Bioware was fully independent for their dev cycle until they started to fuckup. ME:A is one example where they fucked up on their own and had to release as they were in development since 2012 (5 years of development cost a lot).

Anthem was in development since 2011. If Anthem sucks, clearly not EA fault as they had all the time in the world. And trust me, they shot themselves in the foot with that game. More than once.

Sadly the games that sold well in the year 2000 doesn't sell quite as much (even when it releases with good quality). That's not what kids and teenagers wants, and they represent the core market.

Again, an opinion, not fact.
Sure the old EA under Riccitiello was like that. Under Wilson, way more independence of decisions.

Anyway, I won't loose time in this thread trying to explain. I am fed-up having to do this rodeo of explanation all the time.

Good luck.
Yeah, really don't want to get into a HUGE discussion about this either, as I told someone else elsewhere...

While you are correct in the timeline purchase of BioWare by EA, the truth is, back then, both Greg and Ray were still very much in charge of the tide and flow of BioWare's products... however, that changed not long after the lack luster sales of both Dragon Age 2 (with fan outrage over repeated dungeon map usage/content) and Mass Effect's slow decent into oblivion and a shitty ending...

Wilson is trying to do better than Riccitiello did, won't hear me state otherwise, but there are still some adopted practices that are still being used and in place to cut loss of ROI and profits, particularly on products whose development cycles are exceeding expectations and the first place they cut costs is in manpower...

Anyhow, this is one of those topics that I prefer not to repeat my opinions and thoughts on... my day job requires me to work with some of these people and I prefer to keep my job, as I really, really need that job because I haven't struck it rich working on my own! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I will stand only in this line as I believe anyone may have an opinion. Any reason or benefit to do this rodeo all the time?
My reason would be a simple. Perhaps I could learn something from it.;)
Anyhow, this is one of those topics that I prefer not to repeat my opinions and thoughts on... my day job requires me to work with some of these people and I prefer to keep my job, as I really, really need that job because I haven't struck it rich working on my own! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You know, this forum is not your day job?:p Best thing could happen, someone with more money that he (or she) can count, would think: "I like what this guy thinks, I like his game and I have what he miss. A few of them:"
istockphoto-182033794-612x612.jpg
Ok, the other could also happen: "I know him, he works for me or better he had worked for me, now I changing it":censored:

But if you see this forum as your workplace I'm not entirely happy;). You, for sure, don't earn enough that this could be your working place:p Otherwise go back to work, don't slack of here:LOL:

So I see this place or other fitted to let some steam of. Also I assume it would be questionable for them if you ask why they had fired you and the say, I know you are against this working model and you dig deeper and then you know that they are also f95 users:ROFLMAO:.

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
I am amazed that there are people who dont think EA is the root of all evil. Oh and dont get me started about Bethesda who are vying with EA for the title of root of all evil. What Bethripoff have done with the Fallout series for one is worthy of a death penalty. It is only Modders that made FO3 for one playable at all and the same goes for Skyrim. FONV was a really good game especialy when you Mod it.

P.S I had followed Bioware up to Dragon Age 2 where they really shot themselves in the head. It was an awful game amongst other flaws and things they shouldn't have done. It is all opinion though. The fate of Interplay was a real tragedy as well. Well I look at things from an RPG perspective as an old fan of d20 AD&D and now converting the old campaigns that I invented as a DM to free stories on literotica and other ahem adult fiction sites.

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
We have a troll here!

You might have been too young to remember, but Fallout New Vegas was a nightmare of a bug fest game. It was literally unplayable post 10 hours of gameplay as they had a major bug where your save files were over 250mb after that amount of play-time. It tooks them 3 months to fix it. A modder fixed it before ;)
FONV had been out for 5 years before I started to play it so by the time I did there were literally thousands of Mods released by then to make game playable. Oh and I wasn't too young. I wil be 60 this year young man :unsure: o_O. It never got as good to play as FO2 though which I thought was a great game but what do we have now FO4 and that other unmentionable disaster and no amount of Modding will save either FO4 or that game I cant even begin to utter the name of. Ironically I found TTW very stable and FO3 very stable when modded with TTW(Tale of Two Wastelands).

Oblivion was also very buggy plus ugly but it was also salvaged by Modders on both accounts.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Ugh... Bethesda... while I would LOVE to work for them on "Mission and Story Writing", even I have to admit that if it wasn't for modders, the games they produce would be useless chunks of junk... yeah... *sigh*

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
kl003b.png

UPDATE: The Art of Frustration… - March 11, 2019

Hello everyone, I hope that you all are doing well and had a good week and weekend!!

Well, it is that time of week where I share with you all everything that we’ve been doing this past week and on the status of the game.

First of all, things are progressing on the game… Palanto has been spending pretty much all of what little free time that he has between family, his new job and the wonderful little things that LIFE likes to throw at each and everyone of us, and things are really starting to take shape programming wise.

That said, after some serious thought as to the advances that we want to do with the game, I think we seriously need to start looking for someone to help us with additional programming and scripting, so that he has some back up help that can take some of the pressure off of him…

Even with the reduction in help from the wife (not to mention the lack of time that I’ve been able to see or spend with her), I have managed to find a pretty smooth work cycle for myself in the creation of story and art content… so, while it would be nice to have help, eventually, in the art creation side of the game, it isn’t as necessary, right now, as having someone to help Palanto with the programming.

Particularly, when you consider that “Chapter One” of the prologue to “Adventures of a Changed Boy” has almost 900 images to script into and link inside of the game, as well as, sound effects, music, animation and nearly 40,000 words (a small American novel), all combined to have interactive and changing character stats, player outcomes, etc.…
…and “Chapter Two” looks like it will be close to the same size as well… so yeah, I need to find him some help!!

So, if there is anyone here that has experience in Python and other programming languages and can give us a hand, we’d greatly appreciate it!!

As you can see, publicly, we don’t make very much money yet for our game, but we can pay you a little if you can help take some pressure off of Palanto…

…and, in the meantime, we will keep working steadily on the game and looking for the help we need, please be patient with us, know that your support and dedication in us is GREATLY appreciated and our goal is, and always has been, to provide you with the VERY BEST we can give to you for your faith and trust in us!!!

Thank you, so much!!
~Jack

(PS: the image above is a scene inside of Karma’s Palace, which takes place in “Chapter Two”)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hope you will find someone soon Jack, that wants to help with the code soon or someone that wants to learn how to code under the tutelage of Palanto. Anyone interested in learning could def have a worse tutor as Palanto.

Reactions: ASLPro3D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Also is there not a general thread where you can ask for a coder or where coders offer themsleves in this forum? @UncleVT might know maybe.

Reactions: ASLPro3D
4.30 star(s) 80 Votes