4.40 star(s) 8 Votes

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
First, thanks for uploading this. Second, when unzipping the mod zip files, is the whole zip file unzipped into resource/characters, or should the pic folder/.girlsx files be the only things left in the resource/characters folder, with the original zip folders that housed them being deleted?
You need to leave them both inside the "Characters" folder. The file .girlsx and the folder itself because that contains every image that the game will, when started, pick once inside when you go tu buy the slave.

PabloLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
Do you guys know how to put the girls into the game? I created a fold with the name "Characters" and put the downloaded girls there, but when i open the game to buy them in the market, only a bunch of random girls appear and none of those i've downloaded

genisthesage

Dec 1, 2017
Do you guys know how to put the girls into the game? I created a fold with the name "Characters" and put the downloaded girls there, but when i open the game to buy them in the market, only a bunch of random girls appear and none of those i've downloaded
If you downloaded it from the OP click on the resources folder. There should be a Characters folder in it, put the characters there, no need to make a your own folder.

ross smyth

Jun 29, 2017
the game is unplayable for me because the game screen is too big for my laptop's sreen... is there a fix?

Yukino

Donor
Jun 22, 2017
There is an config.xml inside the main folder where nearly everything is set up, resolution, folders for the girls, items, saves and so on.
I suggest using Notepad++ for editing this file, it shows everything nicely colored
(comments/info in green, Settings in red and blue)
There are 3 presets for the resolution, you only need to set the comment markers so only the one you want is active.
You can also adjust the Width and Height in the preset you use.
For Laptops the Resolution="J_1366x768" should be the right one

The Standard Settings for the folder may be a bit confusing, it is meant to be a main folder and inside of that folders for each version of the game for example \Whore Master\WhoreMaster.06.02.57
the Characters folder would be \Whore Master\Characters
It is made like this so you can test and use different game versions without the need to move or copy your Character folder around or overwrite the older game version.
The game files themself without the characters are rather small, so you can have the last 3 versions or more in your main folder and if you discover bugs, just play an older version with the same savegame, because the save folder is organised the same way, \Whore Master\Saves so you see your savegames in all gameversions you have installed.

In the config.xml you can also adjust difficulty settings like the gold you start with, income multipliers
So you can make it easier or harder to your liking.
You can also adjust pregnancy settings there, chances, times they take and so on.
Most settings have descriptions, about what they do.

Regarding items, they have rarity levels and you can buy the more common items in the shop.
All rare items can only be found by sending gangs and/or girls in the catacombs.
Having as much well trained gangs with full members is important in this game (at least for me and my style of playing this game)

With girls, girlpacks don't only add pictures, each unique girl/girlpack also has at least an xml file (.girlsx),
without that the girl doesn't appear in the game. This xml file is like an roleplaying character sheet.
If you want to change the name of girls, you can edit this xml file.
Random girls have the .rgirlsx file extension and are templates for girls,
these girls can appear several times in the game with random names and randomised stats/traits.
If you don't like these random names, you can edit the files in \Resources\Data\
and delete the names you don't like and/or add new names.
There is also an editor for girls and items but it may be a bit complicated to use at the start.

A game folder with the standard config file should look similar to this
folder.PNG
with the interior of the Characters folder like this
characters.PNG
Of course you can name the folder with the game files (WhoreMaster.06.03.07 in the picture)
whatever you like, the other folders must be named like they are set up in the config.xml

Advertisement: The girlpacks in the "Ohki's Girlpacks" thread (my own) can be directly accessed in

Reactions: ttipsigam and Daba

Bagabagasenpai

Jun 21, 2018
actually this game is pretty much unique and very fun because it allows to create your own girlpacks quite easily and fast. gif support adds even more fun

Utinil

Aug 19, 2017
First let me say, I absolutely loved this game back in the day, unfortunately development stopped and the game could get extremely repetative

I saw this post and was quite excited when I saw you put 14/01/2018 as the release date. When I go to the website it shows the last official release as being 30/12/2014. Is this just that 2014 version, is it a modded version, or ?

PabloLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017
Is it possible to change the screen size of this game? Also, even though i have some characters in my folder, none of them appear in the market when i try to buy a slave

Todeswunsch

Donor
Mar 12, 2018
If you did not change the standard config.xml your folders should look like in my posting 5 before yours, don't use the Ressources\Characters Folder in that case.
I just unzip and added the girls did not change anything.

Now i setup my folders like you show in that post and now the game crash when creating a new game

Pd: Fixed

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now the game shows the images but the girls are random now and the images are to big to fit (only 1 girl shows correctly) =(

Yukino

Donor
Jun 22, 2017
Sorry for your crash but my screenshots were made after that guide, it is just that guide as a picture,
because people like visual guides more than text.

The girlpacks are made by players and it is up to them how large the pictures they use are.
Usually they should scale down to the size of the game window but they might not fit well sometimes.
For example if someone made a girlpack who uses an 4:3 resolution, his pictures will not be perfect for players
with an 16:9 resolution setting.
You can change the pictures yourself if you want, they only need to have the correct naming structure
profile.... or sex.... or combat....
Take a look inside the picture folders and you will see how it works.

What girls you have in your game depends on your girlpacks,
there are 2 kinds, unique (.girlx extension) and randomgirls (.rgirlx extension)
The difference is, that randomgirls get randomized names and can appear several times in one game.
Their stats and traits are randomized within predefined ranges or chances to appear (traits)
while the stats and traits of unique girls are not random at start.
They can change a bit depending on how you get them in game and of course when you found them
you can train them, use magical items on them to change them.

Also you won't see all girls at the start, if you have more than just a few.
There are 5 ways to meet girls, which is predefined in the .girlx and rgirlx. files.
If you open one of these files you will see a line like this
Status="Slave" or Status="Normal"
Slaves are sold at the slave market (or you get them as reward for quests sometimes).
Free girls (normal girls) are met on the street or can be captured by gangs
or if you have a girl with the recruiter job, she can recruit free girls (there are more ways).
Catacomb girls can be captured when you send girls or gangs into the catacombs/dungeons.
Arena girls can be met at the arena or won when one of your girls wins a fight at the arena.
Girls with the daughter setting are special because these can only appear when one of your girls
gets pregnant and gives birth to a daughter.

If you have only a few girlpacks and none of these are slaves,
you will only see the built in random testgirls at the slave market.

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
this is so confusing. one say make it in main/Characters, another in main/res/characters i can't tell which one is the right one.. >.>

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
Ok i dislike this game right now, i put the girls into WhoreMaster.06.03.07\WhoreMaster.06.03.07\Resources\Characters i put \Resources\Characters in xml file, yet it says hardcoded could not find any blabla on the black market to buy girls. No images when i check there, nothing on walk around town girls.. i even tried use .. and \ before resource on xml. and i also tried only dl the girls at first.. nothing works.. plz can someone show me what to put in xml files????

Stareagle lord

Aug 8, 2017
And no, i did not put the girls only, they are in folders as instructed in a post in this. the xml file was changed becs gold was changed. and i doubt all girls are only found as dungeon girls since it was several packs dl. and i increased find/meet special girls stuff and such even.

Daba

Jan 22, 2018
I have several questions about the game, I'll appreciate if anyone can help.
1. How do you check on girl's fear, love & hate stats? Can't find those stats anywhere but sometimes girls give hints while chatting (although confusing, girl just tortured in dungeon says that she wasn't ever been happier & that PC is scary as a rabbit).
2. How do you make girls love or fear you?
3. If I free slave (needed for some jobs), how do I keep her from running away?
4. Is there any way to determine optimal accommodations for each girl.
5. When I try to buy additional houses/business, there is message that states that you need to control X businesses. So does initial business (bar, strip club, gambling hall & brothel) count? Do need to fill all positions in order for them to be controlled?
6. Every end turn I see gangs fighting for territory. How can I see status of rival gangs & their territory, and is it wise to start a war with them (they ignored me so far).
Thanks in advance

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
It's been a while since I last looked at this:

• The screen resolution is set in config.xml in the game's main folder. There's three entries for different resolutions, two to them commented out. Uncomment the one you want, comment out or delete the others.
  • This release doesn't come with any girls prepackaged, so if you want to see anything, you'll need to install a pack. Each pack should be a control file (with the extension .girlsx) and a lot of directories named for girls in the pack. Move them all into Resources\Characters under the game folder
  • Strategy: first thing, hire all the gangs you can. Get them to recruit until they're 15 strong (the max). Then set two to guard, two to train and the rest to acquire territory. If you can get them a weapons upgrade and buy some healing.
  • The acquire territory will gain you control of local businesses. This is basically a protection racket. The businesses will generate a small amount of income on their own.
  • Each turn try the "walk around town" and see if you can recruit anyone for the whorehouse
  • To train the girls, double click on one and choose "Interact With". That lets you talk to them, scold them, have sex (and train the matching sex skill) and some other stuff that's new since I last worked on the game. These are the actions that will train obedience and/or love.
  • You can also use the manage inventory screen to buy gifts and equipment for the girls.
  • Eventually you want to send out catacombs missions. This can be either gangs or obedient (and tough) girls. The catacombs yield the best items and some fun uniques.
  • At some point, open warfare with the rivals is unavoidable. If you've trained your gangs well you should be all right. You may need to bribe the mayor/police chief whatever he's called to ignore your activities though.
OK, that's all I can think of right now. Hope it helps :)

Reactions: sintafury and Daba
4.40 star(s) 8 Votes