4.40 star(s) 8 Votes

Seanny4712

Jun 23, 2022
I downloaded some custom girl folders.
One girl folder ,natalie portman does not have a .rgirlsx file but the others i have downloaded do ,it only has a .girlsx file and a 'natalie portman' folder.
What is the significance of .rgirlsx file compared to .girlsx file .

Are both needed?

All of my other downloaded girls have both of these files as well as a 'girl name' file folder.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Are both needed?
Copy another girl's file.
Rename it.
Edit the values(I use notepad) to stats that you believe you want for that character.
Once you have done this once, you are a professional "girl pack modder"

Start making new packs for girls you like.
There is a set naming system for girls pictures "profile 1000" "profile 1001" "strip 1001" "lesbian 1000"
Add pics, then copy and edit a .girlsx for each girl.

Thats it!

Reactions: Seanny4712

SecretWeeb

Sep 6, 2021
I downloaded some custom girl folders.
One girl folder ,natalie portman does not have a .rgirlsx file but the others i have downloaded do ,it only has a .girlsx file and a 'natalie portman' folder.
What is the significance of .rgirlsx file compared to .girlsx file .

Are both needed?

All of my other downloaded girls have both of these files as well as a 'girl name' file folder.
the R in .rgirlsx stands for Random, the .girlsx creates a single girl in your game, normally the only one that has the original name (in this case Natalie Portman, for example), while the Rgirlsx creates a type of girl that might be generated randomly multiple times, so you would be able to get various "clones" of this girl, all using the same pictures but different names and different stats.

Does this make sense? Hope it helps.

Seanny4712

Jun 23, 2022
3 QUESTIONS
(1)I have downloaded Whore Master 7 from,

Anyone have experience with this version and know if it has any cool features worth investigating?
(I was happy to have a 2nd install anyway just to separate a large group of girl folder downloads ,now they are shared between 2 installs ,this is handy I think.)

(2)One query with the WM7 ,skills are listed twice ,2nd time in brackets ,is the current skill the unbracketed one and is the bracketed skill the SKILL CAP?
(Reason I ask is I think I had at least 1 girl that had current skill higher than the skill cap ,assuming that is their functions.)

(3)Another query ,maybe not just for WM7 but in general about ITEMS.
Some items have a red coloured type and others dont.
Is the Red Typeface to signify an elite item?
And for items in general ,disregarding the red ones for a minute, do GIRLS need to EQUIP them or is being in their inventory itself enough?

Last edited:

gameboy2510

Jul 11, 2018
3 QUESTIONS

Anyone have experience with this version and know if it has any cool features worth investigating?
(I was happy to have a 2nd install anyway just to separate a large group of girl folder downloads ,now they are shared between 2 installs ,this is handy I think.)

(2)One query with the WM7 ,skills are listed twice ,2nd time in brackets ,is the current skill the unbracketed one and is the bracketed skill the SKILL CAP?
(Reason I ask is I think I had at least 1 girl that had current skill higher than the skill cap ,assuming that is their functions.)

And for items in general ,disregarding the red ones for a minute, do GIRLS need to EQUIP them or is being in their inventory itself enough?
i dont use that version very much so i cant help u but u can ask the dev himself on the discord

SSJ3Monkey

Nov 11, 2017
3 QUESTIONS

One feature I like about WM7 over other version is that the girls develop likes and dislikes over time, rather than just having ones established at the beginning. They may start to like a job, or start to dislike a job.

Yes, those are skill caps. Yes, girls can have skills that are higher, though it's usually because of items. Not always, though, and I'm not fully sure why.

Red is "Unique" items, usually. As for auto-equip, that's the default in WM6, but I think you have to manually do it in WM7. At least I've had to. I can't recall offhand if there is a switch for that or not, but if there is, it's in the new game set up screen.

Seanny4712

Jun 23, 2022
Thanks for the informative and speedy replies to my questions.

(1)
In relation to
SSJ3Monkey
" As for auto-equip, that's the default in WM6, but I think you have to manually do it in WM7 " ,once an item is equipped in either vanilla WM or in WM7 for that matter, should the skill percentages ,have a + number next to them or rather is the new percentage just amalgamated?

(2)
A new question ,I like the real girl downloads I have done for this game and was curious If any similar games have 'real girl' downloads?
For example games like Strive for Power give me a option to use my own pictures if I want ,and I am giving that game a first try now; but I wanted another Slave Management Game that has 'real girl' downloads for me to peruse.

Last edited:

h1262216

Aug 5, 2018
Here is a summarized list of the things that I've changed from WM6.
The most important one, not visible to players though, is that I've cleaned up the code considerably. The old code had lots of copy-paste, so now the game only has about half the lines of code. There are also some other important internal changes, like updating the XML and rendering libraries used to something less than 10 years old :)

A second major change is that a lot more things are now moddable without actually changing the game code, by being specified through XML files, and the scripts in the game are now handled using the lua scripting language, so they can be edited by anyone using a normal text editor, and don't require the old script editor. Having an actual, well-established programming language also makes them easier to edit, IMO.

Both of these points are still ongoing efforts.

Now, gameplay-wise, there are also some major changes (improvements, I hope).
* The movie studio has a lot more mechanics, such as market research, setting the price for movie tickets, etc.
* "Practice Skills" job has been reworked: To get optimal results, you need to have another girl working the "Mistress" job, who will then train your girls.
* Jobs where girls interact have been changed: Instead of requiring one doctor/director/nurse etc, for dependent jobs to work, now you may need multiple girls working these jobs if you have many dependents. For example, a director can now only direct up to three scenes.
* The PCLove and PCHate stat have been merged into a single one ranging from -100 to +100. I'm not sure if that has much influence on gameplay, though.
* Added the skill caps mentioned above. These limit the *innate* values that a girl's skill can have. Her effective skill value can still be affected by traits and items, so that it is possible to get a value larger than the cap. Skill caps increase with level, and sometimes with improvements in other skills (e.g. to get a larger cap for `group`, `sex` skill needs to be high enough).
* Some new options in the "Interact" script. For example, you can send her to get piercings/tattoes, and scolding/punishing results in added temporary traits.

And of course, there is the support for webm/mp4/avi/etc. files.

This should summarize mostly the important changes up until version `7.1.2beta4`.

Now, I'm working on revamping the image selection procedures and the image tagging process. Since this is still very much work-in-progress, these versions are declared as `alpha` stage. However, I think by now they are as stable as previous versions, and gameplay-wise there should also not be any problems. It may be that potentially, the images presented for certain events don't match quite as they are supposed to, though.

The most recent of these versions is `Version 7.2.1alpha4`, which has a bit more variety in the "Bedroom" interactions, making use of the new image tags, and of course quite a few smaller tweaks and improvements.

There are still quite a few unfinished parts, though most of them were also unfinished in WM6. Quite a lot of those are not actually programming related, but just missing text or text variations for some events in the game. If you want to help the project, writing a few of those would be very much appreciated.

YaBoiDeath

Sep 20, 2021
Here is a summarized list of the things that I've changed from WM6.
The most important one, not visible to players though, is that I've cleaned up the code considerably. The old code had lots of copy-paste, so now the game only has about half the lines of code. There are also some other important internal changes, like updating the XML and rendering libraries used to something less than 10 years old :)

A second major change is that a lot more things are now moddable without actually changing the game code, by being specified through XML files, and the scripts in the game are now handled using the lua scripting language, so they can be edited by anyone using a normal text editor, and don't require the old script editor. Having an actual, well-established programming language also makes them easier to edit, IMO.

Both of these points are still ongoing efforts.

Now, gameplay-wise, there are also some major changes (improvements, I hope).
* The movie studio has a lot more mechanics, such as market research, setting the price for movie tickets, etc.
* "Practice Skills" job has been reworked: To get optimal results, you need to have another girl working the "Mistress" job, who will then train your girls.
* Jobs where girls interact have been changed: Instead of requiring one doctor/director/nurse etc, for dependent jobs to work, now you may need multiple girls working these jobs if you have many dependents. For example, a director can now only direct up to three scenes.
* The PCLove and PCHate stat have been merged into a single one ranging from -100 to +100. I'm not sure if that has much influence on gameplay, though.
* Added the skill caps mentioned above. These limit the *innate* values that a girl's skill can have. Her effective skill value can still be affected by traits and items, so that it is possible to get a value larger than the cap. Skill caps increase with level, and sometimes with improvements in other skills (e.g. to get a larger cap for `group`, `sex` skill needs to be high enough).
* Some new options in the "Interact" script. For example, you can send her to get piercings/tattoes, and scolding/punishing results in added temporary traits.

And of course, there is the support for webm/mp4/avi/etc. files.

This should summarize mostly the important changes up until version `7.1.2beta4`.

Now, I'm working on revamping the image selection procedures and the image tagging process. Since this is still very much work-in-progress, these versions are declared as `alpha` stage. However, I think by now they are as stable as previous versions, and gameplay-wise there should also not be any problems. It may be that potentially, the images presented for certain events don't match quite as they are supposed to, though.

The most recent of these versions is `Version 7.2.1alpha4`, which has a bit more variety in the "Bedroom" interactions, making use of the new image tags, and of course quite a few smaller tweaks and improvements.

There are still quite a few unfinished parts, though most of them were also unfinished in WM6. Quite a lot of those are not actually programming related, but just missing text or text variations for some events in the game. If you want to help the project, writing a few of those would be very much appreciated.
Where are you planning on uploading this? Also, is there going to be breeding job at the farm?

h1262216

Aug 5, 2018
I don't think I can post links here, but its on github (search for h1262216). You can also find the links in the old pinkpetal forum.

Last edited:

YaBoiDeath

Sep 20, 2021
I don't think I can post links here, but its on github (search for h1262216). You can also find the links in the old pinkpetal forum.
I think you can, but don't quote me on that cause I'm only thinking this due to how you can put files/folders in comments here

And is it WM 7.1.2 Beta 4?

Edit: Nvm, I found it. Is it possible to add your own personal jobs for this version?

h1262216

Aug 5, 2018
Sorry, it is not (yet) possible to add entirely new jobs. You can only change some aspects of the existing jobs through their XML files. I do hope to allow defining jobs via lua scripts at some point, though.

What exactly would you expect a breeding job to do? If you want to get them knocked-up, a normal Whore job without contraceptives should get that done quickly.

YaBoiDeath

Sep 20, 2021
Sorry, it is not (yet) possible to add entirely new jobs. You can only change some aspects of the existing jobs through their XML files. I do hope to allow defining jobs via lua scripts at some point, though.

What exactly would you expect a breeding job to do? If you want to get them knocked-up, a normal Whore job without contraceptives should get that done quickly.
As in a job at the farm where livestock and Catacomb monsters can breed with characters and the offspring are sold for gold as another means of profit on the farm.

h1262216

Aug 5, 2018
As in a job at the farm where livestock and Catacomb monsters can breed with characters and the offspring are sold for gold as another means of profit on the farm.
I see. I don't want to add another job that is mostly placeholder text, but if you want this new job and can provide some decent variety of text for it, I can do the programming.

Still, there is the question of how the actual mechanics of this job would work. Getting inseminated, and then waiting for 30 or so turns for the spawn to be born does not sound like a well-designed job.

YaBoiDeath

Sep 20, 2021
I see. I don't want to add another job that is mostly placeholder text, but if you want this new job and can provide some decent variety of text for it, I can do the programming.

Still, there is the question of how the actual mechanics of this job would work. Getting inseminated, and then waiting for 30 or so turns for the spawn to be born does not sound like a well-designed job.
As a matter of fact, I do have some manner of text and traits used for the job when I tried to see if I could mod it in. Apologies if its garbage in terms of coding and/or editing

zoltrix122

Sep 9, 2017
im glad to see this is still being worked on i thought it was dead glad to see that i was mistaken do you still need the default images folder from the Pink Petal site in order to play?

Last edited:

zoltrix122

Sep 9, 2017
also is the crashing still a thing because everytime on the 6 .04.01 version my game would randomly crash after a couple of in game months and i could no longer continue it making me have to restart i think it was because there were to many girls but i dont really know for sure

gameboy2510

Jul 11, 2018
i still use 6.04.01 and never crash it slows down sometimes but not crash. just make a save every turn and limit how many girls u have

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes