zecon

Jun 2, 2017
I was wondering if developer asked people/supporters about making this "remake/rework" or whatever ... ? :unsure:

Personally disappointed with start all over again ---

Reactions: Beto8

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
the chp1 remake is visually nice the lighting and clarity has greatly improved. Very colorful and the story has a slight change. though not sure if i would buy it. Especially since i have the 24 ch already

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Exocrine

milos1fan

Aug 30, 2020
I agree 100% with this. I wonder if this started because he wanted/needed money or if it started as a hobby project that became a hit and more of a business. Not that it matters maybe. I just think that if I had two jobs I would make clear that this is a hobby thing and I won't quit my other stabile job for it.

Also I have my own idea about it. I think it's possible that he doesn't know for sure how to close it. How to make the final blow, and that maybe he wants it way too spectacular. As if there is such a thing nowadays?
So to delay it and try to come up with it he releases this on steam instead. I think if this is the case he will abandon the project once it has caught up. As if he didn't figure it out by now, why would he by then and he will be kinda out of it anyway. As he were just redoing renders more or less for years to come.

Hope I'm wrong of course! That he will eventually really truly finish it. I just can't see the light in the tunnel right now. I just see that miking cow that someone posted just a moment ago, haha..
He's already foreshadowed some endings. Lily will be designing clothes, Katie's getting you to travel the world with her, Bella and Jenna will most likely be stay at home moms etc.

milos1fan

Aug 30, 2020
here is my unofficial Android port of Where The Heart S1-Beta.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my Android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like Windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11+), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
I'm reminded how shit android became after android 9.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
hold up, are you saying season 1 is only 4 chapters and not 25 chapters, wtf, why is this ? is this how he plans on continued income/support by not giving us a complete game ? by dishing out chapters every now and again. i was looking forward to seeing the remake with all 25 chapters in season 1 , that sucks ass.:cry:
season 1 on steam will have 10 chapters...this is just a demo of steam-season-1 containing 3-4 chapters only.
after season 1 is complete on steam, which should happen sooner than later, they should go back and finish the game (one more chapter and epilogue)...after that season 2 and season 3 on steam (containing from ch11to ch25/26).
hopefully that is clear enough.

nefelfine

Nov 24, 2021
Ikke med mindre du allerede tjener millioner :p

On a more serious note, having played the beta (just the once so far, will be giving it at least two more goes), there's a few minor bugs - mostly spelling mistakes that have snuck in, like the word "pain" being spelled "paih". One bug that was actually immersion breaking was, I showed zero interest in Monica romantically, and that means in this version of the game that I don't give her a massage and the first movie night is completely skipped. But the following morning there was a long conversation about the foot massage anyway.

I do like the new renders, a lot. Jenna looks a lot less zombie like here, in the original she was unrealistically gray. The reworked stair case scene is much better (the original always seemed forced to me), in general all of the story changes were for the better. And the Lily wakeup scene was a cool addition, as were the images by the stairs. The house redesign in general works better, and the pool as well. Moving the meeting with Angel and Wanda back to the very beginning without having Monica hovering in the background also works well.

Also, it's a little annoying having to actively click through the "Add to Steam Wishlist" every time, when it's already on there! But I understand the reason for it.
Looking forward to the release.
It's still in beta so I suppose they may fix some of the problems. Depending on your choice there are some unconsistent dialogs.
There is also a bug with Katie stats in EP1, it's hardcoded as $KatieSTM = 36 while you can get 42 points (1st error in Chapter1.rpy line 2311, the +5 Katie isn't counted correctly).

Reactions: CheekyGimp

massagecook01

Oct 6, 2022
season 1 on steam will have 10 chapters...this is just a demo of steam-season-1 containing 3-4 chapters only.
after season 1 is complete on steam, which should happen sooner than later, they should go back and finish the game (one more chapter and epilogue)...after that season 2 and season 3 on steam (containing from ch11to ch25/26).
hopefully that is clear enough.
thanks for the response i was kinda confused i understand now. :)

Reactions: Abhai

massagecook01

Oct 6, 2022
Finish games are a dead business.
yeah got to find a way to milk every last penny out of your fans to keep the money flowing, not like someone can have a guaranteed source of income not like making avns and depending on fans to support you which is not a guarantee they can change their minds at any time about supporting you and you are scewed, why risk your lively hood when you dont have to doesnt make sense, but thats just me i like to live with peace of mind not everyone does. :whistle:

Reactions: Demiurg

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
yeah got to find a way to milk every last penny out of your fans to keep the money flowing, not like someone can have a guaranteed source of income not like making avns and depending on fans to support you which is not a guarantee they can change their minds at any time about supporting you and you are scewed, why risk your lively hood when you dont have to doesnt make sense, but thats just me i like to live with peace of mind not everyone does. :whistle:
Think they are just trying to polish it up to sell better on Steam. I don't know why because 5-7 year old AVN's still sell for $10 a pop on there.

NopeNotReal

Nov 17, 2018
My assumption is that Patreon will take around 30%
Patreon takes between 8-12%.
Steam takes 30%.

but if a game really can sell 1 million copy on Steam for like $10-$15 price, that's significantly more money than what one get from Patreon.
Exactly, the selling point wouldn't be the cut they take/lose, but rather the possibility of attracting a wider audience. As you say if a game can sell a million copies, or even just a fraction of that, it's a lot of money they're not seeing on Patreon.
That being said, it's a pretty saturated market on Steam now, no? There was once just a handful of adult games, but there's probably a few hundred if not more by now.

divingmedic

Aug 15, 2023
Patreon takes between 8-12%.
Steam takes 30%.

Exactly, the selling point wouldn't be the cut they take/lose, but rather the possibility of attracting a wider audience. As you say if a game can sell a million copies, or even just a fraction of that, it's a lot of money they're not seeing on Patreon.
That being said, it's a pretty saturated market on Steam now, no? There was once just a handful of adult games, but there's probably a few hundred if not more by now.
Most of the ones I see on Steam are older games, some 7 years old and devs still asking $10-15 a pop. I do have about 25 newer ones on my wishlist but of those not due out till late summer or early fall. Some Devs release a chapter or season 1 and then take 1 to 2 years before they release the next chapter or season. I mostly buy games that I see here that go to Steam so I can help support the dev. I can buy 2-3 games on steam every couple of months for $10-15 but I can't give $5-10 a month of Patreon or SS.

Exocrine

May 12, 2023
When I shut down these women in the remake, it's in a much more brutal fashion than it is in the vanilla version. So now I still have to reject them right before the point of no return, like in the original.

Reactions: underwatersparkle

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I've played the rework and am a bit interjected. updating the models is good, revising the settings in my opinion remains quite superfluos

I was expecting more improvement in the dialogues which in some parts were rather amateurish (eh yes, I am referring to Monica looking for what MC has hidden in his underwear).

with the improvement of the characters the various "buttons" to review the animations seem really out of place, rather ugly...

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 321 Votes