VN Ren'Py What Could Go Wrong? [Ep. 2 Part 1] [WsZgamez]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
I'm working on it. That's all I can say about it for now.

If you haven't seen it yet, this is the latest post in which I explain how I see the red and blue choices.

Someone said that so far the MC is acting like a wuss.

Maybe so. The way I planned it was that after each realese I would implement changes in MC behavior/responses based on the final stats values coming from the red and blue choices.

Why is it like this? Because it is easier. After releasing a new version of VN, I know what is the max of a given statistic, min value and based on the difference between them write an "IF statement".

So in the new version, the MC will start acting accordingly to the choices that were made.

When it comes to red choices, (MC acts like an asshole, or it leads to scenes with more sex)

The red choices are:

- MC is less likely to think about the consequences
- is irresponsible (that's why he ditched Adam)

The greater the difference between these characteristics, the more MC can become:

- impulsive
- aggressive
- mouthy

Red leads to scenes with more sex.

No. Mc did what Amanda wanted, and he gained the most points with her, which led to another scene in the club and a scene in the restroom. This is no punishment for the player. MC has earned a point with Amanda and this can be seen during the phone conversation and by Amanda's reaction when MC wants to invite her to the club.

And the events with Amanda had to happen so that I could later introduce changes in dialogues and scenes according to the points MC scored with her.

As for the blue choices.

The blue choices are:

- MC does not want to act rashly
- try to do the right thing and not on impulse.

Of course, these choices I will have to balance somehow so that it does not come to the point where the MC becomes a total prick who starts screaming because someone dared to say something to him.

The same goes for blue choices.
here ftfy
The blue choices are:
- MC is overthinking and depressed
- try to please everyone no matter what it will cost him (Doormat-MC/femdom-bitchbottom).

Someone said that so far the MC is acting like a wuss.
someone said the MC seems to have the height of an 12-year-old boy

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Plot and dialogue is good, my only complaint is that the MC is quite short. Is this done on purpose?

Reactions: IRebel

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
This game would be perfect for pregnancy, where the wife gets pregnant from MC and cuck husband thinks its his, I hope you add pregnancy to the game (as an ending )

WsZ

Game Developer
Mar 4, 2019
Plot and dialogue is good, my only complaint is that the MC is quite short. Is this done on purpose?

It wasn't intentional. Maybe the positioning of the cameras gave that illusion.

WsZ

Game Developer
Mar 4, 2019
Hello.

This is part of developer notes #4 that I posted on my patron page.

Now, a few words about maxing out red stat or blue stat.

I even prepared an amazing presentation....

I want the player, no matter what path he takes, to be able to see what it leads to. However, one path will lead to maxing out points with a particular hottie.

The women will differ in character, because not every chick likes a bully, as well as not every chick likes a weakling.

These images below are just an idea to balance the stats that strongly dominate the others.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

This could be a punch, but also a remark on Li's part that she didn't like something — but only if one statistic tops the other.

Such an action will result in the reduction of points of a given statistic. Mc does something, the other side does not like it and the result is an argument, a fight, "silent treatment", etc.

But to be fair, maxing out one statistic will have its advantages as well when MC meets a character who wants to dominate him.

In one case, he will take control and in the second case he will be dominated. ("will become a coffee table"), joke.

And if someone doesn't like Male/Female domination, then he needs to keep the balance between red and blue statistics.

For more information, visit my patron page, where I post weekly what I am working on.

WsZ.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Ep1 Hotties.

This lovely lady is one of the many characters who will appear in Ep1.
Meet ..... I won't reveal her name for now.
1664224846127.png
Preview Ep0 part2

Here's a little preview of what I'm currently working on.
Soon, I'll start introducing the ladies the MC might meet in Episode 1.
Hello.I started working on the 2nd part of episode 0

Ep1 Char Preview

A picture of the same girl, wearing makeup and from a different angle.

1664224877441.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
Hello.

This is part of developer notes #4 that I posted on the patron.

Now, a few words about maxing out red stat or blue stat.

I even prepared an amazing presentation....

I want the player, no matter what path he takes, to be able to see what it leads to. However, one path will lead to maxing out points with a particular hottie.

The women will differ in character, because not every chick likes a bully, as well as not every chick likes a weakling.

These images below are just an idea to balance the stats that strongly dominate the others.

View attachment 2062007
View attachment 2062009
View attachment 2062011
View attachment 2062013

This could be a punch, but also a remark on Li's part that she didn't like something — but only if one statistic tops the other.

Such an action will result in the reduction of points of a given statistic. Mc does something, the other side does not like it and the result is an argument, a fight, "silent treatment", etc.

But to be fair, maxing out one statistic will have its advantages as well when MC meets a character who wants to dominate him.

In one case, he will take control and in the second case he will be dominated. ("will become a coffee table"), joke.

And if someone doesn't like Male/Female domination, then he needs to keep the balance between red and blue statistics.

For more information, visit my patron page, where I post weekly what I am working on.

WsZ.
so choosing all blue will lead to femdom?

WsZ

Game Developer
Mar 4, 2019
Ep1 Hotties.

This lovely lady is one of the many characters who will appear in Ep1.
Meet ..... I won't reveal her name for now.

Preview Ep0 part2

Here's a little preview of what I'm currently working on.
Soon, I'll start introducing the ladies the MC might meet in Episode 1.
Hello.I started working on the 2nd part of episode 0

Ep1 Char Preview

A picture of the same girl, wearing makeup and from a different angle.

Canto Forte please do not create disinformation. :)

These ladies I haven't posted on my patron page.
I posted there one of the love interests that will appear with the release of Ep1.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
Canto Forte please do not create disinformation. :)

These ladies I haven't posted on my patron page.
I posted there one of the love interests that will appear with the release of Ep1.
is amanda a LI?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1664296473437.png

This is Amanda. Glad we got confirmation she is a permanent babe in the story of this game and the protagonist.
She plays the main role in the episode 0 (introduction) of the game I'm working on. we are past that ponint now.
She is the first woman the main character will meet.
is amanda a LI?
Sorry to burst your casting couch bubble, these fantastic babes need their time to shine.

1664296666115.png

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Decent amount of content for an initial release, liked the characters and the plot. Animations are also good. Keep up the good work.

LinusMundane

Jun 30, 2022
Being able to shape an MC's backstory via player choice and not just getting stuck with predetermined history and relationships? Yes please.

That sort of thing can be hard for a dev to juggle, but oh so satisfying when it actually works well. Wishing you good luck and success with it.
Hopefully it's accomplished, haven't seen it much if at all in other vns

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes