• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py What Could Go Wrong? [Ep. 2 Part 1] [WsZgamez]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

JLConradie

Nov 17, 2019
Well done DEF!!.. this is how it go's in real life. You hit the nail on the head..
Keep the suspense high.. so that the readers just cant wait for the next update.. And.. this story will get far!!
TAG missing.. Cheating.. Well maybe not directly on the MC... but in a way..
Cant wait for next release....
Girls are beautiful.. renders are good and the storyline very good.. not too much dialogue, but great story.
keep it UP and good luck..

Last edited:

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
TAGs (on release): 3DCG,male protagonist, romance, teasing, vaginal sex, oral sex ,handjob , creampie, dating sim.
More of this will appear as the storyline develops.

As for the harem tag .
I don't think it will work out. The game is moving in the direction of facing consequences for the choices you make. I can try to implement this in the game, but I am afraid that the MC might end up cut into pieces in a garbage bag at the bottom of a lake.

Mc will meet 5 women. This was my assumption at the beginning of writing the script. But this number may change.

It's too early at this point for me to fully answer this question.
what kind of consequences personally hope it not ntr or anything like that?

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
More of this will appear as the storyline develops.
Ok so the game is "choose one LI", by the way,it would be nice to know future tags (and no,you wouldn't be giving story spoilers if that worries you) in genre spoiler you can put the planned tags, just so the player know what to expect from the game and if he is interested or not. (for example I am not interested in lesbian and femdom and it would be good to know if there is going to have that content or not, simply with a tag you would remove the doubts, of those who are interested and those who are not)

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
but I think it's hard to pull off well because it's too easy for a blank slate protagonist to come off as boring or just plain empty. A protagonist with a more defined voice and history is usually more interesting off the bat
Like with most things, it's a give and take. A pure blank slate can be boring, but it can also give the player the freedom to decide for themselves who they want the main character to be. Meanwhile a "blank slate" that the player can shape via choices can make for a far more interesting and immersive story, but it also requires more work on the part of the dev to juggle conflicting dialogue/plot branching (ie, if you give the player the choice to decide if a specific LI is their childhood friend or childhood rival, you now have to plot out two different paths for how that character interacts with the MC).

The problem with fully fleshed out and defined MCs is the same sort of give/take - the advantage is that the dev/writer can establish deeper aspects to their history and personality that can play out as a more complex story, but the disadvantage is that they may wind up writing an MC that lots of players utterly loathe (see also the perennial complaint of many players about doormat MCs or total asshole MCs in games). In the same way, you risk having the MC feel specific ways about supporting characters that conflict with how the players do (ie, having your MC pine after an ex while most of the player base hates the ex and just wishes the MC would just get over it, or having the MC chase after a LI that most players would rather just avoid entirely).

There's also the issue of whether or not you're dealing with players who want to put themselves in the shoes of the main character versus players who just want to watch someone else's story play out. The former group will tend to like flexibility and the option to make choices and influence their version of the main character's history, backstory, personality, and relationships... while the second group will generally get more out of a deeper, more complex story they have less power over.

Mc will meet 5 women. This was my assumption at the beginning of writing the script. But this number may change.
5 is a pretty good number for LIs. Fewer and it can feel like the player has less control/options or not enough variety, but too many more than five starts to become unwieldy to write and harder to put focus on any one individual LI (so they all start feeling underdeveloped and less interesting).

There will almost certainly be a temptation to add more as you go, either because you get new ideas, or because people promise to throw money at you on Patreon if you add [insert character stereotype here]. You'll probably be better off if you resist that urge and generally just stick to the characters you originally planned for and are putting most of your focus on. Don't let the story grow out of your control as you keep adding more and more peripheral LIs to avoid furthering the main story (way too many devs do this).

As for the harem tag .
I don't think it will work out. The game is moving in the direction of facing consequences for the choices you make. I can try to implement this in the game, but I am afraid that the MC might end up cut into pieces in a garbage bag at the bottom of a lake.
Having games where your choices matter and you can really only pursue one LI are fine. Games where you're essentially punished for trying to pursue every love interest/try for the harem route are fine. Having to choose between potential options can make for deeper stories, and the conflict between choices can make for emotional storytelling. This can be great.

But the rule of thumb you might want to keep in mind is a) you should make it very obvious early on that players are going to be expected to pick one LI and will probably get punished for being too greedy, and b) you should at least give players some leeway early to play the field a bit before drastic consequences come into play.

Become a Rock Star actually handles this pretty well - for most LIs, you can kind of flirt and even get a bit intimate with multiple girls early on, and it's really only at the point where you explicitly commit to a serious relationship that you get punished if you try and string along more than one girl. So the player has time to get to know the different LIs and decide which one they prefer before committing to one (which also helps encourage the desire to potentially play the other routes out, because the alternatives are now interesting and appealing in their own right, and not just generic ciphers you mostly ignored in favor of hyper-focusing on a single LI).

I'd recommend something similar, if possible - allow the players to have meaningful interactions with all of your LIs early on, potentially with a couple casual sex scenes each, before you reach the point where you have to pick which one to get serious about.

I'd also lightly discourage from making the consequences for choosing one girl over another too disastrous - if choosing Girl A causes Girl B to die in a fire while Girl C kills herself, even people who absolutely love Girl A may never want to choose her (and will kind of hate the game for being so cruel). Sure, there can be terrible consequences for characters (especially if the player is making bad choices), but players should never feel entirely helpless or powerless to keep most characters relatively safe and happy.

WsZ

Game Developer
Mar 4, 2019
I'd recommend something similar, if possible - allow the players to have meaningful interactions with all of your LIs early on, potentially with a couple casual sex scenes each, before you reach the point where you have to pick which one to get serious about.
Of course. What I meant was that the MC could be in trouble the moment one of the LIs discovers that he is having fun with another girl, but it also depends on the character of the particular person. After all, not everyone reacts the same way.

Maevos

May 4, 2019
I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Dialogue has a good flow, behaviour and reactions are realistic, good looking characters and Amanda is drop dead gorgeous. Currently it looks like it's mainly a Netori game since MC starts an affair with a sexually frustrated woman married to a cheating husband but we'll see where it goes from here.

Choices are kind of simple, it's either bad/lusty or good/responsible.

No animations but the sex scene was quite good.

HikenNoAcee

Jun 10, 2017
Good luck for your game.. Renders looks good.. For me also which is important future tags.. Do you think put cheating , cuckold or lesbian routes ?

Reactions: battali0n

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
So I'm taking a wild-ass guess here: Amanda, Sophie, Paula, Diane, and the lovely lady over whose car MC tries to play Superman?

All your models go from nice to absolute smokeshow, btw. Well done!

King Slayer100

Modder
Aug 20, 2018
It's looks ok so far ,renders are decent models are nice tough .someone already mentioned the lack of choices on sexual preference and dev's notes says every choice will have consequence, that creates two problems it will absolutely required a Walkthrough and lots of different choices means lots of work for dev so longer gaps between each update.
. Second Let's say you have 5 lis so content will be distributed between them and since it's not a harem game (dev said they will cut mc into pieces as a consequence lol) you will only get 20% of the content at one go and I don't think many here replay a vn 5 times to get all the contents unless it's very High quality and story rich .
even if you do a 400 ,500 renders release the player will get very little content wise since one Li only .so unless dev can make 1000 renders each update give every route a decent amount of play time I don't know how it will work .
Animation not a big deal for me but point and click tag I am a bit worried about because I have seen a lot of bad implementation of that in the past .

And yeah pls add future tags as it's help players to decide if they want to play or not .and saves a lot of unnecessary toxic fights in the comments.

Last edited:

King Slayer100

Modder
Aug 20, 2018
Become a Rock Star actually handles this pretty well - for most LIs, you can kind of flirt and even get a bit intimate with multiple girls early on
Heh I didn't knew it was not a harem game ,I played untill they split the route then stopped after that good game till that point though,so yeah you are right it should be atleast mentioned on the start of the game that it's a single Li game .

rafaaa

Apr 8, 2022
Renders are good and the story is only starting so its hard to tell. When we are seeing Amanda car and in the bar with Diane and Amanda the dialogue appears black and thats need to be fixed and when we are at the sofa with Amanda in the bar and she says to call a cab instead appearing her name it appears ours, those 2 are bugs that needs to be fixed,hope the game has choices that affect the story and the relations with the girls, hope there is more choices to choose (instead of 2 to have 3), hope that the girls arent all slutty. The game has potential but the dev needs to do the story he wants and not get lost with it and make the choices to impact the story and with the girls.

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes