Ren'Py Welcum to the City [v0.12.0] [Quiquersson]

4.20 star(s) 21 Votes

Veniat

Aug 15, 2017
I go without seeing this game for a while, then I come back, see the eyes, and get re-traumatised all over again. :(

niarrhhh

Mar 13, 2020
since no one's posting it, here goes the 0.11.1 and 0.12.0 changelogs:
Changelog (0.11.0) - Main Update
  • Guide Menu: Game info are now on a guide menu. Check it to know about the game mechanics, minigames, and general info.
  • Reworked H Minigame: Now your PHY stats greatly increases your performance in H-Scenes. Go to doctor's office at the end of Day 2 if you want to check it.
  • Updated Scene + New Minigame: Join stepmom's in her yoga workout at Sunday afternoon and help her to increase her legs flexibility.
  • Rival System: A girl's crush counter for your rival has been created, and now you can influence girls minds so that they feel less or more interest in him. (PROTOTYPE: The only thing currently implemented is the influence counter. Nothing happens yet. The idea is to propose a light challenge, where with each passing day some girls become more or less interested in your rival, according to events in the game and your actions, and that you can manipulate the course of events however you want, if you can.)
  • New Scene: Talk to the clumsy girl in the school hallway, know her a little more, and influence her mind about her crush.
  • New Language: Now the game is available in Spanish!
Changelog (0.11.1) - Minor Fix
  • Oops: Fixed some missing characters in Patreon supporters names xD
Changelog (0.12.0)
  • Pseudo-Anime Opening: Yay! Now we have an opening! (You can disable the intro in the settings if you find it too annoying when opening the game xD)
  • Parallax Main Menu: It moves based on your mouse/finger position. Some layers didn't work well on my phone, so, maybe it isn't full accessible yet, but you can disable it on settings if you don't want it :p
  • Android Building: I (finally) learned how to change android icon and loading screen! Yaaay!
  • Audio Rework: Some musics are added and others were replaced to new ones. Audio channels have been reorganized so that different types of audio can have individual customizations. A channel for Background Environment was created, and the game sounds were separated into an effects channel and a voice channel. (Edit channel volume as you wish in audio settings, and check out its soundtrack in the player menu).
  • Interface Rework: Menu buttons are larger and organized vertically on the right to be more visually attractive. The item menu is still in the prototype phase.
  • Naming System Rework: Now you can generate specific types of names for characters (for now, only Brazilian and fantasy names). Also, the game now detects repeated names and prevents you from having characters with the same name, whether generated or written. You can repeat surnames of characters who have a family relationship. Since your stepmom's niece and mother are not directly related to you, they only can have the same surname as yours if your stepsis and stepmom also have.
  • Quest Rerganization: Unknown characters won't be available at first, so you need to complete their first scenes. To find it, just check the content info in character menu to know how to unlock new characters to interact.
  • Referenced Character System: Love, lust, and intimacy points now have bonuses that you can earn during some game scenes (usually when commenting on a character not present). Bonus/Onus points have no maximum limit, but are reduced every day until they reach zero. Girls' crush counters for your rival, which was added in the previous version, are now part of this new system. Manage your influence on people wisely.
  • New Scene: Talk to the gal girl during your class to know her a little more and unlock her as interactable character.
  • Bug Fix: Dialogue windows are no longer open when they should be hidden (this used to happen mainly after the player clicked the button to hide the dialogue window).
  • Bug Fix: Dialog beeps no longer make annoying repeats when the settings menu is opened.
  • Bug Fix: Screens and buttons that should only appear in the Player Menu (phone icon) no longer continue to appear when you close it (this bug used to happen mainly when exiting the image gallery).
can't attach the 0.11.1 files here due to the size of each but they ARE public and available already, and 0.12.0 is still early access at 9$ in itch.io

Reactions: Isoldebaden

klang

Aug 15, 2016
One thing I hope they change is that you can't make the text appear fast enough. I read quickly and waiting for this shit is torture. It's a simple QoL change but for some reason they removed it from preferences.

Reactions: Sukme

ssiab74

Oct 15, 2022
i extract the files and i assamble the main 3 girls
I haven't played the game in several updates so this is my first time seeing these, and... I typically don't like hating on someone's art, but damn, these don't look good at all. The nipples don't match the rest of the art style, and the exaggerated proportions (which if I remember right, were redrawn to be even more exaggerated in an early update) look way more fucked up without clothes on.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
One thing I hope they change is that you can't make the text appear fast enough. I read quickly and waiting for this shit is torture. It's a simple QoL change but for some reason they removed it from preferences.
Go read post #23 in this thread

Sukme

Dec 21, 2017
Awesome.....another month and another 'lingerie shot'. Slow down - this game is going too fast...
Love the art...going to take a while to get anywhere.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
I'm confused. What's the point of a rival which is described as an intelligent Chad existing in a game without NTR? I don't really think there's a big appeal to having a character like that in a harem game especially since it seems to be implied that it wouldn't result in an NTR scene which makes it some sort of arbitrary fail state. One of the reasons listed is "light difficulty" but it seems odd. The description lists like 10 different girls and a seemingly arbitrary stat grind system which also has stats regress over time like that shitty system in Persona 3. People already notoriously hate stat grinds in sandbox games but adding a Chad character who can seemingly "steal" girls away in the Harem game is another layer to the stat grind system which I can only imagine will push new players away when it gets properly implemented.

Reactions: puller123

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Awesome.....another month and another 'lingerie shot'. Slow down - this game is going too fast...
Love the art...going to take a while to get anywhere.
I like it when games aren't just orgies that immediately get into the sex with characters but most new games often have some sort of whore character who is willing to fuck the MC early on so the players can see if the sex scenes are any good without ruining progression with normal characters. The devs should do that.

Reactions: sadfuck

Sukme

Dec 21, 2017
I like it when games aren't just orgies that immediately get into the sex with characters but most new games often have some sort of whore character who is willing to fuck the MC early on so the players can see if the sex scenes are any good without ruining progression with normal characters. The devs should do that.
I'm all for build up but its either jump in immediately with both feet or trickle, trickle, trickle for a year. It's the devs show - I just lose interest and move on and find another to follow/support.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
I'm all for build up but its either jump in immediately with both feet or trickle, trickle, trickle for a year. It's the devs show - I just lose interest and move on and find another to follow/support.
Fair enough. To each their own.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
I'm confused. What's the point of a rival which is described as an intelligent Chad existing in a game without NTR? I don't really think there's a big appeal to having a character like that in a harem game especially since it seems to be implied that it wouldn't result in an NTR scene which makes it some sort of arbitrary fail state.
First, there are people like me who think NTR yuck. Since NTR has so many other devs willing to service them, there's a niche for devs that outright refuse to do so from the start. This dev seems to fit that niche.

Second, this game seems to be setting you up to beat the 'chad' at his own game rather than you trying to sneak into his sloppy seconds.

4.20 star(s) 21 Votes