Ren'Py Welcum to the City [v0.12.0] [Quiquersson]

4.20 star(s) 21 Votes

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
First, there are people like me who think NTR yuck. Since NTR has so many other devs willing to service them, there's a niche for devs that outright refuse to do so from the start. This dev seems to fit that niche.

Second, this game seems to be setting you up to beat the 'chad' at his own game rather than you trying to sneak into his sloppy seconds.
Well for your second point idk from reading logs it just seems like he's setting up a system where if you don't balance everything well Chad will sneak in and "steal" a girl whether that be BSS or NTR. It's an odd thing to have in a harem game especially one where they've outlined that there won't be any NTR in the dev notes. Personally I'm not too fond of the idea that if you don't schedule yourself correctly or perhaps you've finished a girls current content that some extended period of time not spent with that girl means she's going to lust after "Chad" or something. It's both kind of odd for a harem game where people seem to like the romance aspect and also odd from a gameplay perspective because other games that have tried to introduce these negative relation systems for not spending enough time with a character like Persona 3 and that other renpy Harem game end up just being a chore. Sandbox games having arbtritary stat grinds with repeated events is already a contentious topic so adding a bonus system on top of that hated system is odd to me.

Also as I said before it might not be a problem now but the dev notes list like 10 different girls which potentially means you're gonna need to keep slapping Chads cock away unless you want to have a fail state. I also feel like if a girl only has feelings for the MC or if the relationship progresses enough to become real and serious then you probably shouldn't have to take an active cockslapping role for them to not go after Chad.

When this system gets more properly implemented with more girls and stuff people will likely give their opinions on the balance and potential BSS going on. With that being said I guess it's yet to be seen in this state.

Goblyn99

Sep 26, 2023
For a decent game, giving the option to go balls in and fuck everything (but narrative is impacted negatively) or taking your time to cultivate relationships (should you want it) would be the way to go. Unfortunately, there's not enough dialogue yet to get a meaningful relationship... and no skin action to keep those who want it.

Also... I noticed after the most recent update, the Chad/Rival is nowhere to be seen at school. I'm beyond week 2, and finished all tasks, but he's just not there. I was thinking you would compete with him over the affection of the girls, at least I could see that as part of the plan... but they just took him out of the equasion (unless he was hiding and I missed him).

anonymous316

Oct 6, 2017
This is a game I'd love to play when it is actually finished but as it is now I don't think there is enough meat to it yet to make me want to spend time with it.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
Also as I said before it might not be a problem now but the dev notes list like 10 different girls which potentially means you're gonna need to keep slapping Chads cock away unless you want to have a fail state. I also feel like if a girl only has feelings for the MC or if the relationship progresses enough to become real and serious then you probably shouldn't have to take an active cockslapping role for them to not go after Chad.
I don't think the dev is specifically going to work toward our MC getting 100% of the virginities (though someone will figure it out) since he's basing love and lust gains per girl on a perversion stat and some of the girls liking or hating it.

I'm more surprised by their insistence that every character in the game has randomly generated names. For some reason they're still pouring development resources into improving how random it can be.

Yukio211

Mar 11, 2019
I Keep getting this error during the scene with the totally not cousin

can anyone help me out please

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
Well for your second point idk from reading logs it just seems like he's setting up a system where if you don't balance everything well Chad will sneak in and "steal" a girl whether that be BSS or NTR. It's an odd thing to have in a harem game especially one where they've outlined that there won't be any NTR in the dev notes. Personally I'm not too fond of the idea that if you don't schedule yourself correctly or perhaps you've finished a girls current content that some extended period of time not spent with that girl means she's going to lust after "Chad" or something. It's both kind of odd for a harem game where people seem to like the romance aspect and also odd from a gameplay perspective because other games that have tried to introduce these negative relation systems for not spending enough time with a character like Persona 3 and that other renpy Harem game end up just being a chore. Sandbox games having arbtritary stat grinds with repeated events is already a contentious topic so adding a bonus system on top of that hated system is odd to me.

When this system gets more properly implemented with more girls and stuff people will likely give their opinions on the balance and potential BSS going on. With that being said I guess it's yet to be seen in this state.
Just started playing, and I'm also confused as to what the point of this system is. If there's no NTR, then what is the dev trying to accomplish? What does it mean when he "wins" the girls? I don't think anything positive can possibly come from this system. At best it will only add to the grind, and at worst it will lock you out of girls, or just make them less likable.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
I don't think the dev is specifically going to work toward our MC getting 100% of the virginities (though someone will figure it out) since he's basing love and lust gains per girl on a perversion stat and some of the girls liking or hating it.

I'm more surprised by their insistence that every character in the game has randomly generated names. For some reason they're still pouring development resources into improving how random it can be.
Yeah I'm not a fan of random names because I suck at naming. Maybe the developers suck at naming too? Honestly I'd be happier if they had some default names with name changes being optional.

Reactions: Boardguy

Boardguy

Feb 14, 2018
I don't think anything positive can possibly come from this system. At best it will only add to the grind, and at worst it will lock you out of girls, or just make them less likable.
Or both. There is a good reason most games don't have relationship decay mechanics or rival mechanics since they don't add much. The guy isn't smart either since they're all adults & the hallway shit can get you jail time. The other guy taking a photo just means he gets in trouble for it with the school and maybe Popo but assault & battery is gonna get you suspended at best or expelled and criminal charges at worst.

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
Sooo, two things I received from this update:
Absolutely nothing new lewd-wise, or even story wise except for possibly with the two nerd girls and the bully girl.
A stat that implies NTR/competition.

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
What? Am I incorrect? The only things that I could find in the questlog were for the two nerd girls, who I'm not fond of, and the bully girl... Who I could get into... both in a Summertime Saga Roxanne white knight romance kinda way, or just taking her down a few notches~. But I digress... I just couldn't find anything, unless there's like 5 scenes locked behind the two nerd girls. Which would be weird. But I doubt it, and that's not much for an update, especially for an H-game.

4.20 star(s) 21 Votes