• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
1.80 star(s) 39 Votes

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
*shrugs*

For the record, I wasn't a fan of BB... but if it is done by someone else... I am pretty sure that I wouldn't be happy if I was @DarkSilver then... after all, I'd be pretty ticked if someone did a Wicked Choices clone without my a-ok. Pretty sure you'd be unhappy if someone did that to The Legend of Versyl...

This is probably just a money grab, trying to capitalize on someone else's work, effort and good will... and if done without the permission or go ahead from @DarkSilver I'd imagine it won't stick around long.
i mean the game is abandoned so i dont really see the problem. also most of these games are simmular(and use the same models)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Mass Effect is abandoned too... but try to make a game based off of it and sell it and see what Bioware does... even if my game is abandoned and someone did a story using my characters and story without my permission, you can bet that I would sue them... just because the story is abandoned, doesn't free you to use it.

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
Afaik, story is totally different.
Plus, that characters are freely downloadable. It misses totally the whole definition of "Mine" that someone can say. But maybe they could be just points of view (I'm for the opensource\GPL).

Reactions: ASLPro3D

Phatez

Dec 2, 2017
-.- almost every game seems to be in "development stages" and most of the few who are "finished" are rpgm *shudder* games. Considering almost every game I have seriously put a pledge on has either quit, or got P.Od with patrons tos change that it slowed down development to a crawl. yes I always end up grinding these... alternatives? I'm listening....

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Afaik, story is totally different.
Plus, that characters are freely downloadable. It misses totally the whole definition of "Mine" that someone can say. But maybe they could be just points of view (I'm for the opensource\GPL).
When I said characters, I didn't mean the meshes/morphs and textures of the character... it didn't help that the characters in BB were just stock Daz Meshes, morphs and textures... I meant the story of the characters, names, backstory and personality of the characters.

I am fine with an Open Source Model, if that is how the creator wants to make their project... I haven't with mine and won't.

Personally, @Kravenar Games, maybe I am wrong... but, I think you would have a problem if someone came along, cracked open your team's game, changed the storyline a little bit and reposted in on Patreon under their own game company name and made $5,000 to $10,000 a month of all of your hard work and effort. ;)

Reactions: Altair1243

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
When I said characters, I didn't mean the meshes/morphs and textures of the character... it didn't help that the characters in BB were just stock Daz Meshes, morphs and textures... I meant the story of the characters, names, backstory and personality of the characters.

I am fine with an Open Source Model, if that is how the creator wants to make their project... I haven't with mine and won't.

Personally, @Kravenar Games, maybe I am wrong... but, I think you would have a problem if someone came along, cracked open your team's game, changed the storyline a little bit and reposted in on Patreon under their own game company name and made $5,000 to $10,000 a month of all of your hard work and effort. ;)
Not really, in fact TLOV1 is out as non crypted game, everyone can make their own mod or access the database\characters\everything and do whatever they like. LOL
Come on my friend, we are not the EA Sports or the Konami... we're neither on Steam. There is nothing bad if someone would like to improve our work. Actually, if someone would like, I could be even interested in asking him\her a collaborationship too. :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Not really, in fact TLOV1 is out as non crypted game, everyone can make their own mod or access the database\characters\everything and do whatever they like. LOL
Come on my friend, we are not the EA Sports or the Konami... we're neither on Steam. There is nothing bad if someone would like to improve our work. Actually, if someone would like, I could be even interested in asking him\her a collaborationship too. :)
No, we aren't a big studio like those you've mentioned, but I do work for some of them for my real job. ;)

I guess that I am just different when it comes to my work... *shrug*

Reactions: Kravenar Games

Pialnat

Sep 5, 2018
Good evening, suddenly I have trouble understanding (I have problems with English). But the game will remain unfinished? If yes; it's a shame he was nice

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
I thought it was still in development from the Patreon's page, nobody talked about a quit.
My friend for "abandoned" was referring to the game BB, not this one lol

Elis15

May 7, 2018
v0.4.2 Release Days:
10 September: $40 tier
17 September: $20 tier
24 September: $10/$5 tier
31 September: $1 tier

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
I saw V0.4.2 on svscomics, but download 563mb takes to loong..... It's only to wait for Mega on this site.....

1.80 star(s) 39 Votes