3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
Yes the relationship ship status thing makes no sense, one second I'm getting +2 the next I'm getting -1 or none at all and I can't even seem to get a single + with Mrs Gryphondore lol

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Yes the relationship ship status thing makes no sense, one second I'm getting +2 the next I'm getting -1 or none at all and I can't even seem to get a single + with Mrs Gryphondore lol
It actually does. Each charter has a class they like, if you say it's your favorite class then you get + points IF that class is also the one where your stats are the highest, if not you lose relationship points. For example, Hermione likes Charms so if you say charms is your favorite class and charms is also the class you have the highest points in, you'll gain relationship with her. If you say charms is your favorite class but your DADA is higher, or any other class, you lose points. The best thing to do is keep all your classes equal then you can claim any class is your favorite.

If you ask them something before their relationship is high enough you'll also lose points.

That being said, atm I don't think it matters much because from what I can tell there is no sex in the game yet. Although I did go on a "date" with Ginny.

Big.Joe

Jun 1, 2017
It actually does. Each charter has a class they like, if you say it's your favorite class then you get + points IF that class is also the one where your stats are the highest, if not you lose relationship points. For example, Hermione likes Charms so if you say charms is your favorite class and charms is also the class you have the highest points in, you'll gain relationship with her. If you say charms is your favorite class but your DADA is higher, or any other class, you lose points. The best thing to do is keep all your classes equal then you can claim any class is your favorite.

If you ask them something before their relationship is high enough you'll also lose points.

That being said, atm I don't think it matters much because from what I can tell there is no sex in the game yet. Although I did go on a "date" with Ginny.

Hail to the Great Chicken !

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Anybody figured out any console commands? Since I'm a wizard I might as well magic my stats, amirite?
as to codes for console I have yet to get the console to work despite editing the line to True :( am sure I am forgetting something though

Edit: gods I need coffee I looked at this shortly after posting and then it hit me like a giant slapping me in the back of the head "WTF? this is the one that I have yet to figure out codes its another game that i can't get it to work......" seriously need a caffine IV stat...hmmmmm

Last edited:

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
Small bug: if you have "excellent" academic performance, Snape will tell you that your performace "exceeding expectation" in the same time.
How to get other quest than "find Harry"?

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
Greetings.

So, the .21 public version of our game is ready. It was a very big job. Now we can say that the skeleton of our game is ready. We already have a sandbox and several events. Everything else will be additions over the sandbox. Now you need 2-3 hours of gameplay to complete all the quests.
We'll hope you like it!
Changes compare to the previous public build are:
- Sandbox mode. You can study, train, improve relationships with the another characters, and look how the NPC does all of that.
- Added ~13,000 words.
- Harry, Astoria Greengrass and three teachers.
- Added seven quests. Still no sex, but there is a nudity, romance and different lewd situations.

Changes compare to BETA build are:
- Dialogue system fixed and improved. New topics added. Now it's much harder to get a negative impact on the relationship during a conversation.
- Starting relations with NPC are rebalanced. Starting to play as Slytherin’s student has become more difficult now, because most of the existing characters in Gryffindor.
- All the backgrounds are drawn now. Four of them are animated.
- Now you can train flights if you don’t want to spend all your time in the library.
- Now you can talk with your owl. Only basic topics so far.
- Added the first step of the new quest.

Check it at our Patreon page!

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Greetings.

So, the .21 public version of our game is ready. It was a very big job. Now we can say that the skeleton of our game is ready. We already have a sandbox and several events. Everything else will be additions over the sandbox. Now you need 2-3 hours of gameplay to complete all the quests.
We'll hope you like it!
- Sandbox mode. You can study, train, improve relationships with the another characters, and look how the NPC does all of that.
- Added ~13,000 words.
- Added seven quests. Still no sex, but there is a nudity, romance and different lewd situations.

- Dialogue system fixed and improved. New topics added. Now it's much harder to get a negative impact on the relationship during a conversation.
- Starting relations with NPC are rebalanced. Starting to play as Slytherin’s student has become more difficult now, because most of the existing characters in Gryffindor.
- Now you can train flights if you don’t want to spend all your time in the library.

Keep it up! Don't sweat the no sex yet. I just finished the first real sex scene for my game... took 5 months to get there. But now instead of adding it to the game I've been playing other games because I couldn't do shit while rendering. Lul. I need to work on that. Anyway, I've been enjoying your game so far :)

Reactions: GCStudio

Cirelc

Uploader Fossil
Uploader
May 2, 2017
Greetings.

We'll hope you like it!
- Added ~13,000 words.

Update to v0.21.
Updated Op.
Mirrors are uploading, i'll add them asap.

Added some tags; It 'd be awesome, if anyone. who play's the game would tell us, if there are still some missing. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kendra

Ekoki

May 29, 2017
Where is nudity? nvm i think you mean harry scene and bath scenes

Last edited:

Van95

Aug 2, 2017
Time to make a character called Gandalf, become a professor and strongly say 'You shall not pass' and fail everyone taking the test on the subject that I'll teach.

Big.Joe

Jun 1, 2017
Hi I like your game. I also found a little mistake regarding the lore: On the "date" with Ginny, she tells the MC that she has 5 older brother, but she has 6 (Ron, Fred, George, Percy, Charlie and Bill).
Sorry, i am a huge Harry Potter nerd.
Keep up the good work !

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
Hi I like your game. I also found a little mistake regarding the lore: On the "date" with Ginny, she tells the MC that she has 5 older brother, but she has 6 (Ron, Fred, George, Percy, Charlie and Bill).
Sorry, i am a huge Harry Potter nerd.
Keep up the good work !
Thank you, i will fix it. Please comment if you will find another lore mistakes )

Reactions: n0b0dy

test7777

Jun 6, 2017
Just played through the update and absolutely loved it. The artwork and writing are really good, the story doesnt feel rushed and in comparison to v0.1 it feels like you made good progress.

There are a few things that I would suggest for future updates and some bugs to report:
  • I'd love it if you put some music and sounds in the game, that would really help the atmosphere of being in a magic school
  • The male-protagonists face looks kind of too female-ish for me
  • When talking to someone, it felt to me like the best way to not loose points with them was to just use the "Praise them" and "talk about interests" and not use the other chat options at all, maybe show direct feedback here and not just when you end the talk
  • You could maybe add a small info in the Character info, if you have seen all the content for a person in that update.
Now to the bugs(Playing on mac):
  • I get an error whenever I talk to the owl, then I click ignore in the renpy traceback and the game continues without problems.
  • After completing I think 3 quests, i can no longer open the Quest log as I get an error where ignoring doesn't continue the game.
  • For a renpy game, this starts to feel extremely laggy after some play time, maybe you could optimize that a bit in the future
Besides those few things, I think this is an amazing game and can't wait until the next update.

Reactions: GCStudio

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
Just played through the update and absolutely loved it. The artwork and writing are really good, the story doesnt feel rushed and in comparison to v0.1 it feels like you made good progress.
Thank you for your feedback!

• I'd love it if you put some music and sounds in the game, that would really help the atmosphere of being in a magic school
We don't want to use any OST from HP films or games because of possible cr issues. We are already find the music composer, but he is very busy until new year. So, we will have a HP inspired soundtrack in the later versions.

• When talking to someone, it felt to me like the best way to not loose points with them was to just use the "Praise them" and "talk about interests" and not use the other chat options at all, maybe show direct feedback here and not just when you end the talk
No. Each character has topics that are most interesting to him. If you can find these topics, the dialogues will be very simple for you, and you will receive +2 in half the cases. Also, the dialogue is greatly influenced by your Charisma and the quality of your robe (this affects the "Looks" parameter). You also need to keep your character clean.

• You could maybe add a small info in the Character info, if you have seen all the content for a person in that update.
Basically, you can check it at the quest log.

Now to the bugs(Playing on mac):
Can you copypaste and pm both errorlogs to me?

Dictateur

Aug 7, 2016
I understand sexual preferences can be different for different people and I normally do not condemn persons for liking or disliking different things than me.

Yuri however is an manifestation of beauty in it highest form. It is made from a awesome place of pure love and joy. Saying you don't like yuri is like saying you don't like the sun or the feeling of relaxation after a long hard day of work. I won't stand for it.
Go home, you're drunk.

Big.Joe

Jun 1, 2017
Nothing wrong with being a Harry Potter nerd... good set of movies

Least you don't get picked on for liking Twilight like me (granted vampires are not suppose to sparkle) but I dig Vampires so its just one of many movies set I like.
Thanks, I just didnt want to come over at a "know it all".
The movies are good, but i like the the books even better

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
In fact, the idea to make this game was inspired by fanfics. I mean, there are a lot of fanfiction about Harry Potter. You can write one more. Or you can make a game. A game in which you will allow each player to create their own story.

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes