Others Completed VR Kanojo [R1] [Illusion]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

cychro

Sep 2, 2018
Does anyone know how to make the left stick act as move/strafe and the right stick act as turn? I'm using Oculus Rift.

Currently you have to press the left trigger to cycle between 3 different movement modes, and it's really clunky.

branek

Jan 24, 2018
hodllo why not work buttons in keyboard? i want kiss but not work i have version 1.0 and Assembly-CSharp ...but noot work help me pls

lesnara

Jan 15, 2018
Moaning on here about not affording $200 just makes you look lazy. I work 3 jobs so that I dont have freetime to sit complaining about how I wish I had more money. Get out of that chair.
i have a job jackass im just cat waist moony to get a 200 set just for one game you waist you monny on that you must be very despret

MFer69

Jul 24, 2018
How do you enable the touch hands to show? I'm using 1.0 with the keyboard and mouse controls but only a circle dot shows on screen, are the hands for vr only?

ThanhLong32

Jun 30, 2018
I am stuck with the control of the game, any helps will be great because this game is the thing I was hoping for

JFur

May 18, 2017
I'm being brief, because I'm in a hurry to do something else, but hopefully this will still help:

First, to change it all into English, go into the UserData directory within the installation directory, and edit the "setup.xml" file in Notepad or any other text editor. Where you see a line saying "<Language>0</Language>", change the 0 to a 1 (0=Japanese, 1=English) and save it. I don't know if any other languages are supported.

Second, if you have the same control issue I did - where the controllers appear in VR as controllers, not as hands, and won't interact with anything - one solution is to quit and tell the game self-update to V1.30. Then the controllers appear as hands, and you can interact. WARNING: I suspect that doing this would probably break hacked non-VR use of the game, but as I have a Vive, I'm using it in VR and haven't tested that detail. If someone could post back confirming or denying this, it would be helpful.

Third, the game will be able to self-update to V1.30 if you edit the "reg.reg" file that's in the same directory as the game .exe so that the "INSTALLDIR" registry key refers to the directory where you've got the game installed (and then install the registry settings, of course). Note that the path must escape its backslashes by using double-backslashes, e.g. "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\VR.Kanojo". Then run the InitSetting.exe program and tell it to update. It'll perform a large download which will take some time, but it should update correctly.

Hope that helps - apologies for the lack of detailed guidance for people who aren't of a technical disposition.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
hodllo why not work buttons in keyboard? i want kiss but not work i have version 1.0 and Assembly-CSharp ...but noot work help me pls
Doesn't work that way Kissing is a interaction automatically triggered if you move into the trigger zone so just move closer to her and the trigger is being called.

You need to Kiss (call the trigger several times) then the objective is completed enter the menu push exit and it brings you back to the tablet scene selection screen and you can then continue to the next scene.

you can also change the field of view from the fish eye hmd default to a more non hmd fitting one pressing the { after P

you can then change the fov with + decrease and } increase (non num block )

or you change it via the pro options in the menu directly

Holding a Television ;)

Yes = Left Mouse click
No = Right Mouse click

By logic mapped to the side of the option being displayed.

Holding Left Mouse = Side/Up down Movement (strafe,straight)
Holding Right Mouse = Forward /Backward (zoom)

Num 4 = Circle right
Num 6 = Circle left
Num 8 = Circle up
Num 2 = Circle down
Num 5 = Center World Position

The Circle radius can be pretty huuuuge depending on the camera setup to get to the right position but you can use circle in one direction move into the opposite hold both at the same time and you turn on the spot ;)

Overall pretty good work by illusion since they moved their proprietary Engine work to Unity :)

Interesting is also that they integrated a lot of different tonemapping variants and curves pretty much everyone :D

from Reinhard to ACES (Hollywood contrast) not everyone gives you this option to chose on that deep level :)

Only thing that really seems to be broken in this non VR version is Grab and Hold an object.

Ok hands seem to be working fine, somehow by default a lot of things seem to be just disabled

some pretty complex mouse triggers

position one hand on the red breast then hold left mouse and position the other hand with the right mouse click holding the left ;)

the heartbeat icon is so nice as a orgasm display :)

Reactions: meet my meat
Jul 11, 2018
I'm being brief, because I'm in a hurry to do something else, but hopefully this will still help:

First, to change it all into English, go into the UserData directory within the installation directory, and edit the "setup.xml" file in Notepad or any other text editor. Where you see a line saying "<Language>0</Language>", change the 0 to a 1 (0=Japanese, 1=English) and save it. I don't know if any other languages are supported.

Second, if you have the same control issue I did - where the controllers appear in VR as controllers, not as hands, and won't interact with anything - one solution is to quit and tell the game self-update to V1.30. Then the controllers appear as hands, and you can interact. WARNING: I suspect that doing this would probably break hacked non-VR use of the game, but as I have a Vive, I'm using it in VR and haven't tested that detail. If someone could post back confirming or denying this, it would be helpful.

Third, the game will be able to self-update to V1.30 if you edit the "reg.reg" file that's in the same directory as the game .exe so that the "INSTALLDIR" registry key refers to the directory where you've got the game installed (and then install the registry settings, of course). Note that the path must escape its backslashes by using double-backslashes, e.g. "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\VR.Kanojo". Then run the InitSetting.exe program and tell it to update. It'll perform a large download which will take some time, but it should update correctly.

Hope that helps - apologies for the lack of detailed guidance for people who aren't of a technical disposition.
would be helpful if someone with an inclination to be helpful would reupload the thing with nr. 1 fix for an improved UX.

I can offer one like to the first to do so :B

truezeroz

Dec 16, 2018
So i've tried your method and changed my installdir to where my kanojo vr is being X:\\Oculus Rift\\Software\\VR.Kanojo and launched the intisetting.exe like you said but when I hit update it says an exception occured during a webclient request. In the Inisetting when I click open the install dir it opens up my C:\\documents and not my x:\\oculus Any help?

JFur

May 18, 2017
So i've tried your method and changed my installdir to where my kanojo vr is being X:\\Oculus Rift\\Software\\VR.Kanojo and launched the intisetting.exe like you said but when I hit update it says an exception occured during a webclient request. In the Inisetting when I click open the install dir it opens up my C:\\documents and not my x:\\oculus Any help?
I'm no expert, but I'll try. When you modified the installdir settings in the reg.reg file, did you then double-click that file so to make the PC import those settings into your actual live registry? I suspect that either you didn't, or maybe you got the path wrong (which seems unlikely, as what you write in your post sounds plausible… but anyone can make mistakes).

If that doesn't help, then perhaps make sure the path you edited in ends in two backslashes (\\) after the VR.Kanojo folder name. I think the one which was originally there did, but what you quoted above doesn't.

Good luck!

Reactions: corsair

Se7enex

Dec 28, 2017
Does anyone know what 1.31 actually does vs 1.20?

I'm updating anyways just for giggles but kinda curious.

SeptachMelayn

Jul 20, 2017
Changelog for VR Kanojo you can find here:
Mixed Reality support ... i´ll need this update ;-)

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
EDIT: 03/13/2019. My first time playing this game was only for like 30 minutes, so what I wrote below about bugs and such was off. I found some time to look into it. The eye-on-a-stick issue is fixed in v3.1 of VR Kanojo. From what I read, it seemed to be SteamVR, WMR, and VR Kanojo all butting heads. As for the thing about not being able to move limbs, I think the scenes I saw earlier didn't include movable limbs and the glow spots were just guidance, on hindsight. It spent so much time getting the game to work this morning (the fix was erasing all registry entries and game folders for my old VR Kanojo and starting fresh) that I didnt have time to unlock the scenes where you can move her. At least, I'm pretty sure I saw a video at one point of someone moving legs during missionary ... It's hard enough finding free time, yet alone free time alone to anime tiddie VR games. Sheesh.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​
If it's the first time you experienced something like this, you see Kanojo open the door and walk into the bedroom, and you get this burst of anxiety/nervousness/shame/lust all balled into one leaving you not knowing which way to look. The ability to inspire that jumble of thoughts and feelings tells you "Okay, maybe this VR thing is not just a meme." I've lived long enough to see a music store replace records, with cassettes, with CDs, with vacant space. And, other than computers themselves, I've never seen entertainment tech that was so promising -- assuming they ever get it right. I'm using a Samsung Odessey+ right now (came out in August/2018) and it still has a long way to go.

That said, this game aged really poorly, which is kind of a weird thing to say about a game that's still relatively new. The movement and control scheme is just completely archaic when you compare it to the Windows Mixed Reality virtual 'homes' (I guess you'd call it an interface).

To this day, I never learned how to move her limbs. I mean, opening the dresser was easy enough, so why can't I grasp her elbow and pull it? And even something as simple as moving your head back and forth doesn't zoom in/zoom out the way it naturally should. Your camera is like an eyeball stuck on a stick. You move the stick around. but the eyeball can only spin, never moving off its axis. It makes some of the activities (like kissing & bocky eating) so awkward that you wonder why they even put them in the game since it only serves to highlight a shortcoming. But, again, age. They were the first. It's a $60 tech demo and they said as much. This was the first real HQ game of its type, but it won't be long before no one touches it again unless they fix that movement scheme.

Jun 8, 2017
Hello, I tried to update the game though I am not sure if it updated or not, I have edited the registry to make the game look installed, and modified the Reg file in the directory to open the initial setting app, when I click updates it does download a big file and I relaunched the file it says 1.00, and I cannot update again "exception occurred during a webclient request" but i do see an archive file that says "VR.Kanojopatch" so I extracted it and cut/pasted it into my install directory but the inital setting app still says 1.00.

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes